Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   July 27- Flagpole (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/july-27-flagpole-256733.html)

QuietSpike 07-18-2013 04:42 PM

July 27- Flagpole
 
Anyone have any interest in a trip to flagpole on Sat July 27??

No one has planned a trip in a while, and I have the itch.(it ain't crabs, before you comment). :rolleyes:

Jack Burton 07-19-2013 12:01 PM

I might be down...lets hope this heat wave backs off.

I'll ask a couple of other people too.

gyramax 07-20-2013 06:01 PM

Sounds pretty good. Haven't been on Flagpole for a couple of months. Keep me updated please.

QuietSpike 07-20-2013 07:23 PM

Will do...

right now it's three "maybes" :)

QuietSpike 07-20-2013 07:52 PM

Too early to tell, but weather for next saturday is:

Upper 80s and party cloudy.

I may go topless. :)

d_rehmann 07-23-2013 02:49 PM

Spike, Were you on the trip in the spring when we were on the first mile and the trail was literally a dust storm? I recommend dropping your top when you stop to air down. Unless you want a brown interior. I am STILL finding dust in my interior!

Anyways, post an update on Friday. I am the play it by ear type so I will probably let you know in the evening.

QuietSpike 07-23-2013 10:13 PM

Wasn't there for that, but thanks for heads up.

I'm still planning on going: meeting at Sheetz in Haymarket at 0730.

jwraymond 07-24-2013 10:55 AM

I'm In when will yall get to the Harrisonburg area cause I live in broadway area. I can meet yall when everyone gets to Harrisonburg

gyramax 07-24-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3996380)
Wasn't there for that, but thanks for heads up.

I'm still planning on going: meeting at Sheetz in Haymarket at 0730.

What time would you make it to the Sheetz in Harrisonburg - the one off the Rt 33 exit? That's where I normally meet everyone since I'm coming from Christiansburg?

QuietSpike 07-24-2013 12:06 PM

If we roll by NLT 0800, we should be able to meet up at 0930 there.

I will put a plan together by tomorrow for all to review.

Jack Burton 07-24-2013 03:06 PM

I'm a definate at this point. I'll meet some of you at Haymarket Sheetz, others at Harrisonburg.

I've only met d_rehmann before...I remember the dust well.
It'll be nice to meet the rest of ya!
:dance:

QuietSpike 07-24-2013 04:29 PM

Sweet jack!

Those of you who are definite- please post where you will meet up, equipment and recovery gear, and anything else you feel is pertinent.

I would love to have an accurate head count at each location.

gyramax 07-24-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3998989)
Sweet jack!

Those of you who are definite- please post where you will meet up, equipment and recovery gear, and anything else you feel is pertinent.

I would love to have an accurate head count at each location.

I'll be there with my wife. We'll meet everyone at the Sheetz in Harrisonburg, just give me a time. I'll be in a 2006 LJ. I'm running a pretty stock rig (30" tires) with a 2"BB and shocks and disconnects. I have a winch and other recovery gear and have been on Flagpole several times. The LJ does have a limited slip diff and Dana 44 rear. Oh, I do have a CB and an air compressor for air-ups.

jwraymond 07-24-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 3998989)
Sweet jack!

Those of you who are definite- please post where you will meet up, equipment and recovery gear, and anything else you feel is pertinent.

I would love to have an accurate head count at each location.

Me and my girlfriend are in. Well meet at the sheetsheets in harrisonburg. I have a 2009 white jk. Basically stock except for 32 inch tires

QuietSpike 07-25-2013 05:51 AM

Group A: meet at the Sheetz in Haymarket (Rt 15 off I66) at 0730. (So far, group A consists of just me). Group A will roll out at 0800 for Harrisonburg.

Group B: meet at the Sheetz in Harrisonburg at Rt 33 and I81 (exit 247B) at 0915. Plan to roll out by 0945.

Gyramax- can you lead us from Sheetz to the beginning of the trail? I have only done that drive once and don't remember the routing.

I'm in a stock 2013 black Rubi. I have an air compressor, recovery straps, jumper cables, limited tools, and flares (yes, flares-- more for fun than anything).

Jack Burton 07-25-2013 08:43 AM

I'll meet at Haymarket Sheetz as well. If its just the two of us meeting there, do you want to go straight to Harrisonburg? I'm flexible.

Also since someone asked for list of equipment, I have 33" tires, no lift and no winch.
I have an air compressor, but no deflators (maybe someone will let me borrow).
Also have straps and ropes.

gyramax 07-25-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 4000900)
Group A: meet at the Sheetz in Haymarket (Rt 15 off I66) at 0730. (So far, group A consists of just me). Group A will roll out at 0800 for Harrisonburg.

Group B: meet at the Sheetz in Harrisonburg at Rt 33 and I81 (exit 247B) at 0915. Plan to roll out by 0945.

Gyramax- can you lead us from Sheetz to the beginning of the trail? I have only done that drive once and don't remember the routing.

I'm in a stock 2013 black Rubi. I have an air compressor, recovery straps, jumper cables, limited tools, and flares (yes, flares-- more for fun than anything).

Sounds like a plan to me. I know the way to the trail start from the Harrisonburg Sheetz. Are we going to do the Switzer Dam route on the way out? See everyone at 9:15 in Harrisonburg.

QuietSpike 07-25-2013 12:06 PM

Gyra- I don't know that route, so why don't you plan the route from Harrisonburg on. We'll all follow you from there.

Jack- lets meet at haymarket sheetz so we can convoy.

I have deflators (brand new and not calibrated yet!).

jwraymond 07-25-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietSpike (Post 4001894)
Gyra- I don't know that route, so why don't you plan the route from Harrisonburg on. We'll all follow you from there.

Jack- lets meet at haymarket sheetz so we can convoy.

I have deflators (brand new and not calibrated yet!).

Its a straight shot if you go switzer dam through to flagpole. Just follow rt33

gyramax 07-25-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwraymond (Post 4002070)
Its a straight shot if you go switzer dam through to flagpole. Just follow rt33

I think the trail up to Flagpole Knob and then the short back-track to go down the Switzer Dam trail is more fum but I can go either way.
See you on Saturday.

gyramax 07-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwraymond (Post 3999204)
Me and my girlfriend are in. Well meet at the sheetsheets in harrisonburg. I have a 2009 white jk. Basically stock except for 32 inch tires


32's are what I want to put on my LJ when the tread wears down on my 30"s. Look forward to seeing what you have.

jwraymond 07-25-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyramax (Post 4002569)

32's are what I want to put on my LJ when the tread wears down on my 30"s. Look forward to seeing what you have.

Well they are really 275/70 R18 Mickey Thompson's, but they measure 32 inchs

steadmanTJ 07-25-2013 08:40 PM

Was there last weekend and there was a 10 degree difference between the forecast an Knob. Trails have gotten a good bit of heavy rain recently and it had rocked up the trail a little more than say a year ago. Over all nice bouncy rocky ride and stay.
Btw mud holes are nice and deep..

QuietSpike 07-25-2013 09:10 PM

Thx for recon steadman.

danrb 07-26-2013 03:59 AM

Wish I could go still haven't disassembled my radiator to clean out all the mud from the last trip. lol. Enjoy.

gyramax 07-26-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrb (Post 4004656)
Wish I could go still haven't disassembled my radiator to clean out all the mud from the last trip. lol. Enjoy.

WoW!! You must have been playing around in the mud holes on top of the mountain. I guess it's been pretty wet and they're pretty juicy right now..

QuietSpike 07-26-2013 08:56 AM

Yeah, thinking I'm going to put top back up... Mud on the inside is a lot harder to deal with than mud on the outside.

QuietSpike 07-26-2013 06:10 PM

All set for tomorrow?

Right now the count is 2 in group A, and 2 in group B... Total 4 (for those that are mathematically challenged).

Jack Burton and I will roll out of Sheetz Haymarket NLT 0800, and meet up with Gyra and JW at Sheetz Harrisonburg.

I'm in a black 2013 2 door Rubi. We'll use channel 34 for CB.

looking forward to it. See you gents tomorrow.







Reaper- I know you are lurking. Call in sick and get your a** to Sheetz at 0730. :)
You too Dan. ;)

gyramax 07-26-2013 07:30 PM

Still looking at 9:15 at Sheetz in H'burg?
See you there. I'll be in a silver LJ.
Channel 34 it is.

QuietSpike 07-26-2013 07:32 PM

Meeting at 0915, ready to roll by 0945 from Harrisonburg Sheetz.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.