Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Tj unlimited life (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tj-unlimited-life-256797.html)

Matt_LJ 07-18-2013 10:14 PM

Tj unlimited life
 
Someone talk to me about their Tj. Bc why not?

Matt_LJ 07-18-2013 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 274640

HotTotty 07-18-2013 11:00 PM

picked up an 06 lj rubi last week. i have to much junk for a regular tj

HotTotty 07-18-2013 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
kayaking with the lj and congo cage

Matt_LJ 07-18-2013 11:42 PM

Nice bro what year rubicon

Matt_LJ 07-18-2013 11:43 PM

Whoops my bad just saw that its an 06 nice bro

Matt_LJ 07-18-2013 11:44 PM

Same story tho dude, regular tj you open the back door and there's nothing but a seat

PHILDABEAST 07-19-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotTotty (Post 3978820)
picked up an 06 lj rubi last week. i have to much junk for a regular tj

IMHO, 05-06 lj rubi's are hands down the best jeeps ever made. I might be biased though.

Rubicon06Va 07-19-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3979110)
IMHO, 05-06 lj rubi's are hands down the best jeeps ever made. I might be biased though.

X2, :thumb:! OPDA issue doesn't scare me.

HotTotty 07-19-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3979110)
IMHO, 05-06 lj rubi's are hands down the best jeeps ever made. I might be biased though.

x2
best ever! had to sell some other toys to get it so i made sure i got exactly what i wanted

greg_24 07-19-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3979110)
IMHO, 05-06 lj rubi's are hands down the best jeeps ever made. I might be biased though.

I feel the same way & also feel that there are many more that believe it too, but just can't find one to buy :thumb:

HotTotty 07-19-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg_24 (Post 3979635)
I feel the same way & also feel that there are many more that believe it too, but just can't find one to buy :thumb:

I'm in Centerville had to drive to St. Louis to get mine. There were like 5 of them with hardtops within 500 miles

greg_24 07-19-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotTotty (Post 3979708)
I'm in Centerville had to drive to St. Louis to get mine. There were like 5 of them with hardtops within 500 miles

Cool, I'm about 30mins from Centerville. I went to Cartersville, GA for mine. At that time it was the only Rubi LJ I could find that was not beat all to hell, so I didn't mind the drive.

SuperTJ 07-19-2013 09:08 AM

I got my 06 LJ April of this year. Love this Jeep. I love the extra room. I bought from a dealership. I was lucky the day I bought 3 others came by and were looking at it. Luckily they put that sold sticker in it.
Now I just need some dry days to pull the top off again. It has been on a month now. Looks like 50% through next week. I can't wait to mod it further but going to have to build the funds back up.

DPD06 07-19-2013 09:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Like all the others I love my 06 LJ Rubicon. As far as the life goes, if you're like most it will go on forever....motor does or you just want another, swap it....tyranny goes, swap it....like all Jeepers if a part breaks its a reason to upgrade it.
Shameless photo op...sorry

orange_sport_4.0 07-19-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD06 (Post 3979900)
Like all the others I love my 06 LJ Rubicon. As far as the life goes, if you're like most it will go on forever....motor does or you just want another, swap it....tyranny goes, swap it....like all Jeepers if a part breaks its a reason to upgrade it.
Shameless photo op...sorry

^^^This is the best looking jeep I have seen on the forum. You are so lucky man!

UpTheCreek 07-19-2013 12:24 PM

Enjoying mine for sure!

HotTotty 07-19-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg_24 (Post 3979848)
Cool, I'm about 30mins from Centerville. I went to Cartersville, GA for mine. At that time it was the only Rubi LJ I could find that was not beat all to hell, so I didn't mind the drive.

There were a couple i looked at in cartersville but the one in St Louis was a one owner for a good price. called about it on a Sat. and they said it was sold on friday, called back on monday about to leave for cartersville and they said the financing fell thru so i put a deposit down to reserve it and drove straight there haha

MOTO X TJ 07-19-2013 02:11 PM

I live in st louis and looked for months to find the perfect LJ. Found it in nixa mo...about 4 hours away. Happiest drive home ever

MOTO X TJ 07-19-2013 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oops...forgot pics

Attachment 274850



Attachment 274851

Matt_LJ 07-19-2013 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTO X TJ (Post 3980901)
Oops...forgot pics



Attachment 274860

Pretty similar to mine!

PHILDABEAST 07-19-2013 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine's red also. Quite possibly the best color for the best jeep.

Attachment 274902

MOTO X TJ 07-19-2013 08:46 PM

Agreed!!!!!
That's a good lookin rig!

PHILDABEAST 07-19-2013 09:13 PM

Thanks, she's a work in progress. Sometime shortly after I win the lottery she'll be done.

greg_24 07-19-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotTotty (Post 3980796)

There were a couple i looked at in cartersville but the one in St Louis was a one owner for a good price. called about it on a Sat. and they said it was sold on friday, called back on monday about to leave for cartersville and they said the financing fell thru so i put a deposit down to reserve it and drove straight there haha

Glad you found that 1 owner LJ rubi. Looked for a while & came across mine, it was a 1 owner with 41k miles & was originally from FL. If anyone is lucky enough to find a good condition LJ Rubi they better buy it ASAP.

flash1034 07-19-2013 10:55 PM

Here's my 06 Rubi. Love it.


Flash

Fireaxe 07-20-2013 01:24 AM

Mine.....

tkfx 07-20-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3981401)
Mine's red also. Quite possibly the best color for the best jeep.

Attachment 274902

I OBJECT!

Black n Yellow Black n Yellow!!

My LJ seen in nature not far from a gas station! :dance::thumb:


http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws...0aaa0750_7.jpg

SEAICE 07-20-2013 11:22 AM

As a teenager in the 70s, I grew up with CJs, Wagoneers, J100s and Commandos (and Scouts, Broncos, Blazers...). I've had two CJ5-based Commandos with 101 inch wheelbase, and they rode so much better than the CJ and had more room, that I always wanted a modern equivalent. Never had the CJ8 Scrambler, but when the LJ came out, I knew I had to have one. This is it. the last Jeep I'll ever need. perfect combination for on-off road. I recently got rid of my Z71 stepside and bought a small trailer to make up for the loss of the bed. JK unlimited? Forget it. Nice, but not the same at all. Gotta say, with the hardtop and no lift, they look a little funky, but with a little lift and a soft top (or no top), they look just right. I also prefer red or yellow, but the price was right for this one and IMHO with the LJ, black makes the proportions look better
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/...ps158941c2.jpg

Chuck59 07-20-2013 01:26 PM

I searched for months for MY perfect Jeep. 2004 TJL. Found it hundreds of miles away. Worth the drive. Love driving it / love modifying it, love just working / puttering on it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.