Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   About to close the deal but...... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/about-to-close-the-deal-but-257018.html)

UtWolf 07-19-2013 09:45 PM

About to close the deal but......

Finally have the dealer on the same page as me on a 2013 sport.
There are just 2 hurdles to get past...
Get the wife's final ok
and
sell the Harley..........:dance:

wassup8687 07-19-2013 09:59 PM

Just do it! :)

Make sure the wife is OK with it and keep the bike!

donmeca2020 07-19-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wassup8687 (Post 3982431)
Just do it! :)

Make sure the wife is OK with it and keep the bike!

i agree, don't get rid of the bike. try and get it without losing your hog :thumb:

UtWolf 07-20-2013 08:02 AM

Medical issues with our health keeps the bike in the garage more then on the road. Plus, on a fixed income I cant swing both payments to easy, and since the bike is my main transportation it just makes sense to sell it and get a JEEP!!......lol

LameStory 07-20-2013 08:10 AM

No chance of trading it in? Of course you lose on the value of it, but it should also take your sales taxes down a notch which might mitigate that a bit. It beats missing out on a Jeep you want while you wait for it to sell.

ssgjason 07-20-2013 08:16 AM

I miss my bike, but…I don't miss it when
the top is off
When I put my dog in the back
When it rains
When I am stuck in traffic on a sweltering hot day.
When I have someone pull out in front of me
You get the idea. I had bikes for 15+ years and they were a part of me, but after some really close accidents with my wife on back two summers ago, I rode a lot less. Then I just thought, "Why am I keeping this when I only rode it a few thousand miles last year and probably will put on even less. Plus it costs me a lot in maintenance and registration to the point it is not worth it."
So I sold it and started looking at Wranglers. I am super happy with my decision.

wassup8687 07-20-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtWolf (Post 3983456)
Medical issues with our health keeps the bike in the garage more then on the road. Plus, on a fixed income I cant swing both payments to easy, and since the bike is my main transportation it just makes sense to sell it and get a JEEP!!......lol

In this case you're probably best smiling or trading it in then. Good luck.

Wrangler2016 07-20-2013 05:45 PM

I'd pass and wait for the redesign. Too many problems with the current generation, leaks being the biggest of them.

FXnut 07-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3984822)
I'd pass and wait for the redesign. Too many problems with the current generation, leaks being the biggest of them.

Really?? What's leaking where?:confused:

Ivan M 07-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtWolf (Post 3982359)
Finally have the dealer on the same page as me on a 2013 sport.
There are just 2 hurdles to get past...
Get the wife's final ok
and
sell the Harley..........:dance:

Dude DONT sell the HARLEY man, i have a 2010 STREETGLIDE and i will NOT get rid of my baby, unless of course finances say you MUST.

Salty1 07-20-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Wow, care to back up that comment with actual facts? I bet there are hundreds of people on this forum that would strongly disagree with you. Do you even own a JK or just trying to get some attention for yourself?

Ivan M 07-20-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

So the 2016 will be PERFECT? These are machines that will always have issues here and there, i highly doubt the 2016 models will leave the plants and be PERFECt forever.

JKBrad 07-20-2013 06:24 PM

Everything mechanical and mass produced will have a certain percentage of units that have issues. Go to any forum for any kind of motor vehicle and you will find a few people who bitch and moan about everything.

Wrangler2016 07-20-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty1 (Post 3984857)
Wow, care to back up that comment with actual facts? I bet there are hundreds of people on this forum that would strongly disagree with you. Do you even own a JK or just trying to get some attention for yourself?

You're kidding, right? There are countless threads concerning leaks on this and other forums. There are videos posted on Youtube, articles on the internet, complaints logged with the BBB and all kinds of other information out there. The fact that Chrysler has a 200 or so page manual on how to deal with leaks speaks a lot to how big of a problem it is.

You're doing a huge disservice to a potential buyer by making a ridiculous comment claiming that leaks aren't a problem.

Wrangler2016 07-20-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan M (Post 3984860)
So the 2016 will be PERFECT? These are machines that will always have issues here and there, i highly doubt the 2016 models will leave the plants and be PERFECt forever.

Not saying it will be perfect, but it will certainly address many of the issues with the current generation and I guarantee you that the hard top will be completely redesigned.

the Kolector 07-20-2013 07:12 PM

:popcorn:

Ivan M 07-20-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3984928)

You're doing a huge disservice to a potential buyer by making a ridiculous comment claiming that leaks aren't a problem.

And your claiming that a 2016 Will NOT. Are you building it yourself for him in 2016? Because surely even in 2016 it will NOT be perfect, it may leak, it may rattle, it may not have the best gas mileage, but guess what its a JEEP.

Ivan M 07-20-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3984931)
Not saying it will be perfect, but it will certainly address many of the issues with the current generation and I guarantee you that the hard top will be completely redesigned.

And just because it will your GUARANTEEING that it wont leak? You cant be serious.

Wrangler2016 07-20-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan M (Post 3985415)
And just because it will your GUARANTEEING that it wont leak? You cant be serious.

Did I guarantee anywhere that it wouldn't? All we know right now is the build quality of the current generation is horrible.

You can't be serious!!!!!

See, I can say it too.

Ivan M 07-20-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3985469)
Did I guarantee anywhere that it wouldn't? All we know right now is the build quality of the current generation is horrible.

See, I can say it too.

By what you wrote you implied it. No problem hopefully he will make up his own mind, best of luck.

HouseofCards 07-21-2013 01:00 AM

:popcorn:+1

I will say that rarely does ANY company ever get the vehicle right immediately after the redesign. So if you wait, you are looking at 3 or 4 years to get a "reliable" new Jeep. I say buy one, then trade it in in a few years if the redesigned Jeeps are to your liking. Your 2014 should dstill be under warranty probably get more for your bike now because it is newer now than it will be in a few years etc.

Do what you want, if you want to wait to have the fun in a Jeep that you could have by buying a new one then wait......then again you could die tomorrow and never get the chance:angel::firedevil: Just saying :hide:

Salty1 07-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

You're kidding, right? There are countless threads concerning leaks on this and other forums. There are videos posted on Youtube, articles on the internet, complaints logged with the BBB and all kinds of other information out there. The fact that Chrysler has a 200 or so page manual on how to deal with leaks speaks a lot to how big of a problem it is.

I know many people who own JK's and only 1 had a leak problem and it was the gasket. To say it is a major issue is just not true. I hope you realize that people with problems post and rant about them, those with no issues don't. Keep being an internet jeeper if it floats your boat and the rest of us will enjoy our jeeps and deal with any quirks that pop up. A Jeep today is better than being on the 3 year dream plan...

the Kolector 07-21-2013 11:14 AM

I have an 07 JK, first year, obviously, and "0" leaks, granted I am the 4th owner so it may have been fixed already, or I may be one of the lucky THOUSANDS that don't have any issues. She also only has 33k miles so I know she hasn't been beat up too much.

jadmt 07-21-2013 11:23 AM

The JK format has been out for what 6 going on 7 years. I am guessing at least one poster on this forum will get a driver's license in 2016. I have 14000 miles on my 2013 jku and not a single leak. i am sure the ones that have leaks post so if you read forums you get an an over representation of the the problem. Way more people own wranglers that don't post and don't have issues. I suppose that many that have leaks do google searches and end up finding forums.

panthermark 07-21-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3984931)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3985469)

See, I can say it too.

That is some of the worst advice I've seen on this forum.

You have no clue as to how the refreshed 2017 Wrangler (built in 2016) will look or perform....and you can certainly have "bugs" in the first model year of a refresh.

I've been leak free. The only time I had a leak is when I messed with a bolt I should not have messed with. (aka user error)

Hell, he could buy now, and trade it in on a 2018 4 years and 3 months from now.

jadmt 07-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3986824)
That is some of the worst advice I've seen on this forum.

You have no clue as to how the refreshed 2017 Wrangler (built in 2016) will look or perform....and you can certainly have "bugs" in the first model year of a refresh.

I've been leak free. The only time I had a leak is when I messed with a bolt I should not have messed with. (aka user error)

Hell, he could buy now, and trade it in on a 2018 4 years and 3 months from now.

Maybe he has a crystal ball. Of course on the otherhand it is the internet or is that intranet?

Wrangler2016 07-21-2013 01:09 PM

Leaking is very well documented and without a doubt the most common problem with the current generation. Deny it all you want, the proof is all over the internet.

To the poster of the thread, do yourself a favor and do your own research. Too many people on this forum like to gloss over and downplay the problems with the Wrangler.

panthermark 07-21-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3986955)
Leaking is very well documented and without a doubt the most common problem with the current generation. Deny it all you want, the proof is all over the internet.

To the poster of the thread, do yourself a favor and do your own research. Too many people on this forum like to gloss over and downplay the problems with the Wrangler.

Who said they don't leak? Some do...many don't.

Being that you can remove the doors, the front panels of the roof, the rear section of the roof, or the entire roof and replace them with a soft top and/or half doors....it would be pretty foolish to think that it would be like a soft top on a Lexus and all of them would be 100% leak free.

For someone who has never owned a Wrangler to sign up on a Wrangler forum, and come to the JK section to say...."don't buy a JK because they leak....wait until the redesign years from now" is pretty silly. Unless you are a Chrysler engineer, you have no clue as to what the re-design holds.

Wrangler's are setting sales records, and given where the OP lives, he may hardly ever see rain.

BTW, the OP signed the papers on his new Wrangler yesterday.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/pul...ml#post3985500

:punk:

Ivan M 07-21-2013 01:28 PM

Glad he signed and got his JEEP. No one can promise that they will be alive in 2015, 2016, 2017. Heck we don't even know if we will be alive tomorrow. Congrats to the OP on his new wheels. "Yesterday is forgotten and tomorrow is not promised."

the Kolector 07-21-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler2016 (Post 3986955)

According to Abraham Lincoln, you can not post anything to the internet that isnt true.....look it up in the Bible, its in there. :rofl: