Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Hooked the Wife (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hooked-the-wife-257552.html)

Fyreaire 07-22-2013 01:29 PM

Hooked the Wife

So I have owned my JKUS for a little over two weeks now and, surprisingly, the wife has fallen in love as well! She is now talking about getting a new JK for herself! :punk:

tom h 07-22-2013 03:05 PM

"Hooked the wife"

What rod and reel did you use?

What kind of bait?

Why was she so far out at sea?

nwbronco 07-22-2013 03:26 PM

That's funny. Because my wife got me hooked.

Bob K.

Sand Scorpion 07-22-2013 04:31 PM

you might want to reword the title of this thread :D I have such a dirty mind....

MSpiegel00 07-22-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sand Scorpion (Post 3990560)
you might want to reword the title of this thread :D I have such a dirty mind....

I was hoping for the same thing. :thumb:

LoveJiuJitsu 07-22-2013 05:02 PM

Obviously Tom H and Sand Scorpion are on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to fish hooking.

But both are correct in their interpretations. Brilliant.

ameration 07-22-2013 05:07 PM

My wife was the one that wanted the Jeep. Now I'm the one that is having fun modding her Jeep and then asking her - well you like better now it, right?

Sucker Punch 07-22-2013 05:14 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...PF92rv6PlBvBfg

jeepers29 07-22-2013 09:41 PM

It took my wife one trip to Ouray, Co to get her hooked.

WhiskeyMike 07-23-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyreaire (Post 3989984)
So I have owned my JKUS for a little over two weeks now and, surprisingly, the wife has fallen in love as well! She is now talking about getting a new JK for herself! :punk:

Welcome to the club!

StarBrite 07-23-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike (Post 3992601)
Welcome to the club!

Hi honey!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fyreaire 07-23-2013 10:37 AM

And I usually read what I write before I post it! :banghead:

Glad to see that there are so many minds out in the gutter!

DaK 07-23-2013 11:18 AM

Gutter? Some of aspire to reach that high level of honor and respect, as some of us are deep down in the sewer...

We attended the LA auto-show one yr and saw this mod'ed tricked out red two door. Neither of us would shut up about it on the 2 hr drive home. After being stalked by jeeps for almost a yr we went out and found our little red JKR. Almost 3 yrs later we are built into the beast we witnessed at the show.

Everytime we go into the garage, we just smile. Many happy journeys and experience lay ahead of you both. Somehow this vehicle just brings out the kid in you.

ahsumtoy 07-23-2013 11:22 AM

Hawaii

We were in Hawaii on vacation, and luckily, they didn't have the vehicle we wanted. They upgraded us to a JKU. We had so much fun in that vehicle. A week after going home, my wife woke me up to say, "We're going to a Jeep Dealership this morning to buy a Jeep". We did and on the way home, she said we had to lift it, put bigger tires on it, and replace the sterio system. We did. Boy was I lucky.

Fyreaire 07-23-2013 12:09 PM

DaK - so very true about some people aspiring for the gutter! And I agree, the Jeep makes me feel like a kid! It's just so much fun to drive around and there is so much that you can do to it that I feel my bank account will dwindle to nothing...

AhSumToy - lucky man! Most of my mods so far are small, but I hope to invest in a 2.5 - 3" lift with some beefier 35"s. Eventually...

damndirtydog 07-23-2013 12:47 PM

Get her out on the trail and over some easy obstacles, tell her how good she did and I guarantee she'll really be hooked. Since then I hardly get any crap when new parts show up at the house. :D

DaK 07-23-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damndirtydog (Post 3993897)
Get her out on the trail and over some easy obstacles, tell her how good she did and I guarantee she'll really be hooked. Since then I hardly get any crap when new parts show up at the house. :D

Mine has been known to look at a catalog or someone else's jeep and go, "we need that". Oh baby....:dance:

tom h 07-23-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveJiuJitsu (Post 3990657)
Obviously Tom H and Sand Scorpion are on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to fish hooking.

When I was young the word "hook" and "hooking up" were not used for ... ummm ... doing the obvious. I just thought it was funny that Fryeaire used those words, which made me think of fishing.

And with two daughters (one age 20, one 13) the term does make me grimace at times.

But, admittedly, I did not lead an exemplary life (ahem) until I got married so I suppose I should just get with the times.

tom h 07-23-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveJiuJitsu (Post 3990657)

Had Fryeaire named the thread "Snagged the wife" how would we gents have interpreted it?

And, I meant "snagged" not "shagged."

tom h 07-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahsumtoy (Post 3993603)
Boy was I lucky.

There are other threads on this forum where the fellows muse about "getting lucky" in their rigs.

Yeah, I know that most of them are probably lies.

Fyreaire 07-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom h (Post 3994474)
When I was young the word "hook" and "hooking up" were not used for ... ummm ... doing the obvious. I just thought it was funny that Fryeaire used those words, which made me think of fishing.

And with two daughters (one age 20, one 13) the term does make me grimace at times.

But, admittedly, I did not lead an exemplary life (ahem) until I got married so I suppose I should just get with the times.

I have two step-daughters, 22 and 19, and I feel your pain!

Fyreaire 07-23-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom h (Post 3994489)
There are other threads on this forum where the fellows muse about "getting lucky" in their rigs.

Yeah, I know that most of them are probably lies.

I like your thinking on this thread TomH... I can only imagine how many other Jeep terms can be "gutterized!"

damndirtydog 07-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3994001)
Mine has been known to look at a catalog or someone else's jeep and go, "we need that". Oh baby....:dance:

Lol, U are truely the vagina whisperer. My wife isn't trained quite that well....YET.

Fyreaire 07-24-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damndirtydog (Post 3995380)
Lol, U are truely the vagina whisperer. My wife isn't trained quite that well....YET.

:whistling: :p

Chicago 07-24-2013 09:49 AM

My wife took a test drive in a JKU, had to have one.

tom h 07-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyreaire (Post 3994565)
I like your thinking on this thread TomH... I can only imagine how many other Jeep terms can be "gutterized!"

We CANNOT let this thread die. C'mon, fellows, what other gutter puns can we make with jeep terms? Thinking here of:

track bar
sway bar
differential
4 wheel drive
drive shaft (obvious)
roll bar
5" lift
spare tire