Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Guilty Pleasure(trollin) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/guilty-pleasure-trollin-257685.html)

HillbillyJeeper 07-22-2013 09:29 PM

Guilty Pleasure(trollin)
 
OK, we all have one, that subject we all just gotta jump in on and troll the OP cuz its just been asked too many times or said too often.
For me its "Wah...Wah... My TJ or(insert model here) is a real jeep and JK's are just too comfortable.... Blah freakin blah"
I just cant help it, it doesn't piss me off I just enjoy workin up that guy who believes the "Jeep spirit" rises and sets in his ass and the model jeep he owns. Nothing pleases me more than watchin that thread deteriorate to the point a mod comes in and shuts it down. It never gets old.
So... What subject or common post do you enjoy just goin in and makin sure the conversation doesn't die? What is your guilty pleasure?

This isn't a thread to pick a fight either people, just an opportunity to make fun of ourselves and our stupidity a bit and enjoy our imperfections.

Oh.. And less I forget... I looooooovve screwin with people who correct others grammar. Seriously! Its a jeep forum not a master thesus. (Yep spelled that one wrong on purpose).

JKralph 07-22-2013 09:32 PM

I enjoy the oil threads :D

bcsnave 07-22-2013 09:34 PM

I love this dude and I don't even know him
 
I love your posts Hillbilly....go get 'em:thumb:

HillbillyJeeper 07-22-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKralph (Post 3992081)
I enjoy the oil threads :D

LOLZ me too. Everytime I see one I rush in and proclaim AMSOIL is the best and everyone using something else is nothing short of an idiot! Truth is I get my oil changed at dealer on a maintenance plan that is free. It is a good oil though.:whistling:

HillbillyJeeper 07-22-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsnave (Post 3992089)
I love your posts Hillbilly....go get 'em:thumb:

You see that people!!! I gots me a following! Couple more of them folks and I gotz me a cult! And my mom though a minor in theology was a waste of time! PFT! What the hell she know?

HillbillyJeeper 07-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsnave (Post 3992089)
I love your posts Hillbilly....go get 'em:thumb:

BTW... Your on my friends list.... Well you would be if I wanted any. Just sayin.

Willybusmc 07-22-2013 09:43 PM

I gotta say, jeep wave threads. Sooo many of them. All about the same thing, people don't do it as much any more and usually JKus get a bad rep

HillbillyJeeper 07-22-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willybusmc (Post 3992131)
I gotta say, jeep wave threads. Sooo many of them. All about the same thing, people don't do it as much any more and usually JKus get a bad rep

Good answer! I don't jump in on those much cause i'm in a JKUR and never paying attention enough to wave. I DO wave, i'm just inconsistent.

JDsDream 07-23-2013 07:10 AM

I'm not here to spoil your fun, but please keep in mind that we were all new to this at some point and that even though there is a search engine attached to the forum, it isn't the greatest.

We all cringe when we see that "What's the biggest tire I can put on my Jeep" thread, but remember that if you don't want to help the op out, don't reply with bs or belittle the op for asking and please Do Not suggest the search function.

I appreciate HillbillyJeeper's request to not "pick a fight" here. Let's see how far that goes.:rofl:

Carry On.

western196611 07-23-2013 07:16 AM

And let the fun begin..

western196611 07-23-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 3993074)
I'm not here to spoil your fun, but please keep in mind that we were all new to this at some point and that even though there is a search engine attached to the forum, it isn't the greatest.

We all cringe when we see that "What's the biggest tire I can put on my Jeep" thread, but remember that if you don't want to help the op out, don't reply with bs or belittle the op for asking and please Do Not suggest the search function.

I appreciate HillbillyJeeper's request to not "pick a fight" here. Let's see how far that goes.:rofl:

Carry On.

And let the fun begin....

western196611 07-23-2013 07:18 AM

For me it's..... I don't know anything about mechanics but how do I rebuild an engine...

O_M_Jeep 07-23-2013 07:21 AM

I can't say I troll any threads, but I'm more likely to argue with the people who think the only answer to any question is Currie / Savvy.

Q. I have a $500 budget, what's the best 3" lift?
A. just buy 2 Currie springs and a Savvy track bar then save up for the rest, if it isn't Currie / Savvy your Jeep will be worthless and it will explode when you leave the driveway and will break down any time you hit a pebble.

I guess the other threads that get to me are the ""How do I get more power / MPG out of my un-aerodynamic brick of a toy that I bought to be a DD?"

As far as people, I tend to be pretty short with the people who think because they bought a particular brand name, that makes it the only brand worth having.

Willybusmc 07-23-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 3992151)
Good answer! I don't jump in on those much cause i'm in a JKUR and never paying attention enough to wave. I DO wave, i'm just inconsistent.

I never jump in on the wave threads but they're the most... Pointless I guess is a good word for it. I drive a yj not a JK

western196611 07-23-2013 07:36 AM

Awe man... I like the wave threads... LOL

HillbillyJeeper 07-23-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3993106)
I can't say I troll any threads, but I'm more likely to argue with the people who think the only answer to any question is Currie / Savvy.

Q. I have a $500 budget, what's the best 3" lift?
A. just buy 2 Currie springs and a Savvy track bar then save up for the rest, if it isn't Currie / Savvy your Jeep will be worthless and it will explode when you leave the driveway and will break down any time you hit a pebble.

I guess the other threads that get to me are the ""How do I get more power / MPG out of my un-aerodynamic brick of a toy that I bought to be a DD?"

As far as people, I tend to be pretty short with the people who think because they bought a particular brand name, that makes it the only brand worth having.

I almost forgot about MPG threads! My response there is usually to just live with it.

KittyPrawn 07-23-2013 08:18 AM

Any thread about not being a real Jeeper if I don't offroad.

RoadiJeff 07-23-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 3992063)
Oh.. And less I forget... I looooooovve screwin with people who correct others grammar. Seriously! Its a jeep forum not a master thesus. (Yep spelled that one wrong on purpose).

LOL - I love to correct simple grammar errors that people make over and over. I know we're not writing an English paper on the forums but do people really not know the difference? I usually keep quiet (not "quite") but since there's a thread on these things...

"break" versus "brake" (the first is something broken, the second is what stops your Jeep)

"it's" versus "its" (the first is plural for "it is", NEVER to show possession)

Ahh...and my last favorite: "alot" (no such word) versus "a lot".

And then there's the "people who don't have a 4" lift, a winch, 35" tires, etc., and never take their Jeep off-road don't have a real Jeep" attitude. Oh, please. :rolleyes:

I feel all better now. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

HillbillyJeeper 07-23-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3993285)
LOL - I love to correct simple grammar errors that people make over and over. I know we're not writing an English paper on the forums but do people really not know the difference? I usually keep quiet (not "quite") but since there's a thread on these things...

"break" versus "brake" (the first is something broken, the second is what stops your Jeep)

"it's" versus "its" (the first is plural for "it is", NEVER to show possession)

Ahh...and my last favorite: "alot" (no such word) versus "a lot".

And then there's the "people who don't have a 4" lift, a winch, 35" tires, etc., and never take their Jeep off-road don't have a real Jeep" attitude. Oh, please. :rolleyes:



I feel all better now. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Your welcome. That was the point. Better to get it out like this than to vent all over some poor newb who genuinely wants to get smarter and just wants to know more about something.

KittyPrawn 07-23-2013 12:03 PM

How could I forget these threads.... auto vs manual discussions! :deadhorse:

the Kolector 07-23-2013 12:49 PM

Ssssoooooo........How DO I get more power and bigger tires and do I NEED a snorkel to go through the desert?










LOL, just kidding. ;p

nobndry 07-23-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyPrawn (Post 3993950)
How could I forget these threads.... auto vs manual discussions! :deadhorse:

Or how to drive a manual "properly" threads that come up from some poor OP who was just asking for tips on how to drive a manual.

Anaconda 07-24-2013 09:23 AM

hold it this thread is nothing what I thought it would be.

When I saw "Guilty Pleasures" well I was expecting ..... um well.... never mind... :whistling::whistling:

HillbillyJeeper 07-24-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaconda (Post 3997516)
hold it this thread is nothing what I thought it would be.

When I saw "Guilty Pleasures" well I was expecting ..... um well.... never mind... :whistling::whistling:

Feel free to start that thread... I'll participate:thumb:

JDsDream 07-24-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaconda (Post 3997516)
hold it this thread is nothing what I thought it would be.

When I saw "Guilty Pleasures" well I was expecting ..... um well.... never mind... :whistling::whistling:

We know what you were thinking :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 3997560)
Feel free to start that thread... I'll participate:thumb:

Uh, No, please don't. :hide:

sparky 07-24-2013 12:19 PM

I like the waterproofing ones. The bought a Jeep, they think itís a submarine. They want to ford the Mississippi.

HillbillyJeeper 07-24-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 3997611)
We know what you were thinking :rofl:



Uh, No, please don't. :hide:

Mods never let me have any fun!!!! (Hillbilly storms from room... stage left)

Senior Chief 07-24-2013 01:55 PM

I guess it would be the first-poster who misses the search function, then goes to off-topic to ask about which front bumper he or she should consider.

I've been on Harley forums and a couple of sports car forums, and it's always the "latest and greatest" model whose owners get poked with a stick the most...

HillbillyJeeper 07-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 3998428)
I guess it would be the first-poster who misses the search function, then goes to off-topic to ask about which front bumper he or she should consider.

I've been on Harley forums and a couple of sports car forums, and it's always the "latest and greatest" model whose owners get poked with a stick the most...

So true... Remember when the replaced BT's with GSM's!! Same thing.(your prolly the only one that will get that senior, Im a retired MAC by the way.)

Senior Chief 07-24-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 3998825)
So true... Remember when the replaced BT's with GSM's!! Same thing.(your prolly the only one that will get that senior, Im a retired MAC by the way.)

BT = Barely Trainable Ha Ha

One of my best buds up in Keflavik was an MAC. Last name (too bad for him) was "Cherry". Greay guy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.