Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   "Nice Jeep!" (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/nice-jeep-258042.html)

mtngoat 07-24-2013 12:50 PM

"Nice Jeep!"

So, in the past 2 days, I've had a girl at a stoplight (leaning over her boyfriend) and a cop directing traffic for a marathon both yell "Nice Jeep!" at me. Anyone else getting the summertime Jeep love? Have to admit, I kind of like it. Any better stories?

Dunkin_D 07-24-2013 12:53 PM

Yes sir..its a good feeling. I have been getting that a lot this summer. I went camping a few weekends ago and I got it a lot that weekend.

yellowtailfan 07-24-2013 12:54 PM

PICS or it didn't happen :dance::rofl::angel:

Wingsnut72 07-24-2013 12:55 PM

I was sitting at a stop light. The guy next to me started talking to me about my jeep. He said he loved the tan on black, and he asked what size the engine was. Told him it was a 3.6 6cyl. Then the light turned green. He gave me the thumbs up. Thought that was pretty cool.

lolpetewtf 07-24-2013 12:56 PM

Every day of my life, it is Cosmos Blue after all ;)

western196611 07-24-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtailfan (Post 3998030)
PICS or it didn't happen :dance::rofl::angel:

LOL!!! I got one while getting my hair cut. She looked out the window and said "your jeep?" I just grinned and said "yep" She said "nice jeep"

Jackyl71 07-24-2013 01:00 PM

Every day since i got it, I've received some compliment or another :dance:

ESP 07-24-2013 01:00 PM

Yeppers.

Was picking up my daughter from school the other day and both the head principle (female) and one of the teaching staff (also female) both said "nice jeep" as I drove up. My 5 year old was also telling all the other kids in line that her daddy drives that commando green jeep right there. :)

loud pipes 07-24-2013 01:11 PM

driving 70 mph on the interstate, 2 kids come up next to me fist pumping and cheering while driving a Mitsu Eclipse with the soup can muffler. She's a 2012 Cod MW3, which they probably related to more than the Jeep itself! :facepalm::rofl:

kEat 07-24-2013 01:12 PM

My favorite is when little kids outside playing stop and point and yell to their friends.

GoldenSahara00 07-24-2013 01:17 PM

Thread is worthless without pics of your rigs! :thumb:

yellowtailfan 07-24-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by western196611 (Post 3998041)
LOL!!! I got one while getting my hair cut. She looked out the window and said "your jeep?" I just grinned and said "yep" She said "nice jeep"

Humbly speaking, I've gotten that a lot too. What concerns me is what dudes say when my wife or daughter(s) take it out... Hmmm - wait a sec.... lets hold up here ! :confused: :eek: :nonono: lol

Arsonman 07-24-2013 01:20 PM

I went to the store the other day and there was a mother putting her packages away in the back of her JKU. She had, I would say, about 1 1/2 year old in the cart. As I pull up to park next to them the kid points and yells JEEP! It is a special kind of jeep thing.

Sucker Punch 07-24-2013 01:23 PM

That's what I love about Jeeps - Everyone loves them.

Best story I have is I was driving my old YJ back to college on the interstate and two girls pulled up beside me and the girl in the passenger seat flashed me. :eek::D I never got to speak to them, but I imagine they liked the Jeep and wanted to show their gratitude. :dance:

MangoTangoRubi 07-24-2013 01:24 PM

Yesterday a kid showed up at our house just as I was leaving. I stopped to ask him what he was doing and he said he was here to mark telephone lines and by the way I love your Jeep, it is sooooo cooool.

BuckeyeGuy 07-24-2013 01:27 PM

I am closing in on 2 months in my '13 Sahara JK (rugged Brown). This is one thing I was not expecting. I get complements all the time! When I first got her, I noticed a lot of people staring, and it got me worried. "Crap, is my muffler dragging? Did I hit a deer and it's stuck in my grill?" I'm hoping they are all just admiring!

My favorite so far is when a friend of mine and his gf walked over to my Jeep to check it out and she said, "There's one word to describe that: sexy!" I actually noticed my Jeep blushing!

insylem 07-24-2013 01:54 PM

I was leaving the gas station, and suprisingly I didnt even need to get gas, as I went there for other stuff, (Convient store) and some lady was sitting on the ground outside said she liked my Jeep :D

Tweak 07-24-2013 02:22 PM

I was stuck waiting for a train the other day with my top off. Had a 10 minute conversation with a 10 year old in the next car over. Definitely a future jeep owner!

socal_rubi 07-24-2013 02:31 PM

I've had my share of "nice Jeep" compliments, but one occasion stands out above all the others.

I was cruising in my JKUR on the freeway, with the doors off, and the softop in bikini mode. I looked over to my right, and there was a suburban two lanes over, cruising at the same speed as me. Inside was a man driving, with about 6 small children (boys between 5 and 10) All of the kids were scootched to my side, faces and hands squished against the glass, huge grins on their faces, eyes bulging with excitement. They were looking at my jeep :) The man saw me looking and waved, as if to say "ya they are frikin diggin your jeep"

That was the best compliment I have ever received about my Jeep.

kjeeper10 07-24-2013 02:45 PM

Gas stations are where I get attacked the most :)

webguy8 07-24-2013 03:10 PM

After a U10 soccer game I reffed, headed to my jeep and one of the kids was getting into his car. Told me nice game and then saw me getting into the jeep. His eyes got wide and he told his dad 'when I grow up I'm gonna be a ref so I can drive a jeep. They're so cool'

scottmphoto 07-24-2013 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I get it a lot, especially with the RENEGADE kit.

western196611 07-24-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtailfan (Post 3998109)
Humbly speaking, I've gotten that a lot too. What concerns me is what dudes say when my wife or daughter(s) take it out... Hmmm - wait a sec.... lets hold up here ! :confused: :eek: :nonono: lol

I'm sure they say... "Thanks, my husband and I both love it" Right???

live_slow 07-24-2013 04:18 PM

Either:

a- I'm ugly
b- My Jeep is ugly
c- I look too anti-social
d- There's so many Jeeps around here they are taken for granted
- or -
e- All of the above

I'm thinking "e- All of the above"

However, a guy in a properly modified TJ waved back at me the other day, so I suppose that's a complement.

ESP 07-24-2013 04:20 PM

:popcorn:

dadrunamok 07-24-2013 04:24 PM

Here are a few from the last couple of months or so:
I had a cop call from the window of his squad car about one of my stickers. He wanted one for himself. I ended up asking him to pull over to the curb ( ! ) and we talked Jeeps for about 20 minutes, until he got called away.
Second one, driving 65 mph up the interstate and a guy pulled up beside me, matching my speed. He rolled down his window and hollered: "did you lift it?". I guess he'd seen me on that road before and noticed the change. He gave me a thumbs-up and drove off.
Third one, a slacker-looking guy in a red car hollered "nice Jeep" as he turned onto the road I was on.

Yeah...I love having a nice Jeep!

wrangler0232 07-24-2013 04:26 PM

I get it all the time but my favorite was when I first got my jeep and I went over to my moms boyfriends house and his kids were there and then when we were going back to our house my mom told the boys to ride with me and when they saw it their eyes lit up and they said "woah its an army car" and I smiled as they were amazed and I was thinking yeah the one and only original :dance: forget the Humvee il take a jeep any day

joeuncool 07-24-2013 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Traveling down the highway in the mountains. Came upon a construction zone and the flagman had traffic stopped. Came up to me and asked where we were headed. Told him we were headed for some trails. His response

"Oh, no way. If that was my Jeep I would never have it off road. That Jeep is way too nice to take it off road."

Me "That is part of the fun. Get it all dirty one day and wash it the next."

Dave107 07-24-2013 05:18 PM

When it is buttoned up I get the average comment once in a while from people like "nice jeep" or from friends saying the Jeep is looking good, but as soon as I took the roof and doors off comments start flying.

jadmt 07-24-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live_slow (Post 3998750)
Either:

a- I'm ugly
b- My Jeep is ugly
c- I look too anti-social
d- There's so many Jeeps around here they are taken for granted
- or -
e- All of the above

I'm thinking "e- All of the above"

However, a guy in a properly modified TJ waved back at me the other day, so I suppose that's a complement.

wranglers here are everywhere. You can't spit chew spit out the window with hitting one. AEV originated here and it's r&d shop is still here so I think you have to be driving something pretty special to turn anyone's head.