Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Found soft top – good deal? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/found-soft-top-and-ndash-good-deal-258410.html)

Marlboro64 07-25-2013 11:46 PM

Found soft top – good deal?
 
2010 soft top for $400 on kijiji.

Is it a good deal?

Comes with door surrounds, will it fit my 2013?

Its for a four door.

jwilson2598 07-26-2013 12:57 AM

Seems like a good deal if everything is there. It will fit your 2013 just fine. For an Unlimited it should have the following pieces:

Top and frame
3 windows
Tailgate bar
2 Tailgate bar brackets
4 door surrounds, 2 flat and 2 L shaped
6 door surround knobs, 4 long and 2 short
Left and right top brackets that attach to roll bar

Marlboro64 07-26-2013 10:50 AM

Thanks ... actually just found an even better deal on a brand new 2013 one.

Fingers crossed its a premium top, can you tell from the pic?

Only thing i'm worried about is it doesn't look like there is a tailgate bar there.

How is it normally packaged with new tops?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMj...ceQ~~48_20.JPG

jwilson2598 07-26-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro64 (Post 4005391)
Thanks ... actually just found an even better deal on a brand new 2013 one. Fingers crossed its a premium top, can you tell from the pic? Only thing i'm worried about is it doesn't look like there is a tailgate bar there. How is it normally packaged with new tops?

From the picture, I would say it's a premium top. That's because it has the orange band on it, which means it was a dual top Jeep and all dual top 2013's get the premium top. The tailgate bar should be bundled up with the top. On mine, it was attached to the outside cover with snaps in 3 or 4 places. It may be hidden in the picture, I think it's on the side facing the garage door. The other thing I don't see is the roll bar brackets. There should be a bracket on each side bolted to the roll bar that the brackets you can see on the top in the picture attach to. Make sure they remove them from the roll bar as your hard top Jeep will not have the brackets in it. This is the most common thing people forget to take out.

Metonymy 07-26-2013 10:58 PM

If I could get a 2013 premium top for $600 or less I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. ;)

Marlboro64 07-27-2013 01:26 AM

When you get the dual top option the brackets are already installed on the jeep?

Metonymy 07-27-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro64 (Post 4008137)
When you get the dual top option the brackets are already installed on the jeep?

No, they come in a box. The soft top brackets can't be installed at the same time as the hard top.

jdambm 07-27-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro64 (Post 4008137)
When you get the dual top option the brackets are already installed on the jeep?

Yes it is shipped bolted that way on dualtop group jeeps to hold the top in place during transport when the softtop is taken out many just undo from the frame seperating from the bracket

jwilson2598 07-27-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdambm (Post 4009751)
Yes it is shipped bolted that way on dualtop group jeeps to hold the top in place during transport when the softtop is taken out many just undo from the frame seperating from the bracket

Yes, this is correct.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.