Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Favorite song qoutes. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/favorite-song-qoutes-258612.html)

krisbman 07-27-2013 12:34 AM

Favorite song qoutes.

Ok. So I know theres "Movie qoutes" but I didnt see any song qoutes! A couple of mine.

"Straightenin the curves flattenin the hills, someday the mountain might get em but the law never will"

" For $43 my friend lost his life, killed by a man with a switch blade knife. Id like to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot with him my ole .45

"Hey pretty baby dont ya know it aint my fault I love too hear the steel belts hummin on the asphalt, wake up in the middle of the night in a truck stop, Stumble in the restaurant wonder why I dont stop."

Lamp 07-27-2013 03:18 AM

"I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles"

99fenix 07-27-2013 08:41 PM

take the time just to listen, when the voices screaming are much too loud.

Senior Chief 07-28-2013 09:11 AM

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year....

Pennsyman 07-28-2013 08:12 PM

Beyond the Palace hemi powered drones scream down the boulevard

BlueRidgeYJ 07-28-2013 08:49 PM

"Ooo-ooo the water / I get it myself from a mountain stream"

Neral22 07-28-2013 08:52 PM

"Take your economy car and your suitcase, Take your psycho little dogs, Take it all away"

Willybusmc 07-28-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 4011817)
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year....

Runnin over the same old ground, what have you found? the same old fears. How I wish you were here

_3m 07-29-2013 09:02 AM

"I reach down ..... Between my legs...................ease the seat back" Van Halen

BlueRidgeYJ 07-29-2013 07:38 PM

...If you get there before I do (comin' for to carry me home) tell all my friends I'm-a comin', too...

Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life?

...Come on, sinners, lets go down, down to the river to pray.

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison...

...Did ya ever seen a she gator protect er youngins, or a fish in a river swimmin' free? Did ya ever see the beauty of the hills of Carolina, or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee... Do ya like to see a mountain stream a-flowin'? Do ya like to see a youngin' with his dog? Have ya ever stopped to think about, well, the air your breathin'? Well ya better listen to my song... I ain't tryin' to put down no big cities, but the things they write about us are just a bore. You can take a boy out of Ol' Dixieland, Lord, but you'll never take Ol' Dixie from a boy.

Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddddlllllleeeee .................... THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY BOY!!!

Close my eyes, only for a moment then the moments gone...

People say I'm no good; crazy as a loon, 'cause I get stoned in the morning, drunk in the afternoon. Kinda like my ol' Blue Tick hound I like to lay around in the shade - I ain't got no money, but I damn sure got it made. Cause I ain't askin' nobody for nothin', if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin', why don't ya leave this long-haired country boy alone.

Almost Heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River - life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowin' like a breeze...

My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be, and if your causing no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire, then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down.

...Left my home in Georgia, headed for the Frisco Bay, I had nothin' to live for; looked like nothin's gonna come my way, so I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away...

I could go on and on - I love music and the expression it allows. Interestingly, Rap/Hip Hop/Blues and Country/Bluegrass are typically the two 'trueist' forms of music - real people telling real stories (where as other genres tend to be more poetic and cryptic - not that they are fake or anything).

I think my "most super favoritist of all time ever" lyrics are these:
Long lay the world in sin and error pining, till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth. A dawn of hope the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees... Oh, hear the Angel voices... Oh night divine, oh night when Christ was born...
Not because of anything other than how it personally makes me feel, particularly when sung by candlelight with a large (good) choir.

Senior Chief 07-29-2013 07:43 PM

"I was takin' a trip out to LA... Tooling along in my Chevrolet, smoking' a number and groovin on the radio...

BlueRidgeYJ 07-29-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior Chief (Post 4017171)
"I was takin' a trip out to LA... Tooling along in my Chevrolet, smoking' a number and groovin on the radio...

I just reached out and kicked ol' green teeth right in the knee

:rofl: :rofl:

krisbman 07-29-2013 10:33 PM

Another one I like..."I got a dirty mind, gutter mouth and I'm makin time for goin out.... With your wife, cause I'm a lowlife"

BlueRidgeYJ 07-30-2013 08:36 AM

I'm battle scarred; I am working oh so hard to get back to who I used to be.

It's a Saturday night special, got a barrel that's blue and cold, it ain't good for nothin but put a man 6 feet in a hole.

Nothin touched the trigger but the devils right hand.

BlueRidgeYJ 07-30-2013 08:02 PM

You're as smoooo-ooooth as Tennessee whiskey, you're as sweeeeeeeet as strawberry wine, you're as waaaaaaaaarm as a glass of brandy, and I stay stoned on your love all the time.

I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime, you'd know it's me when I come through your town...

Wrangler Wrassler 07-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 4017148)
...If you get there before I do (comin' for to carry me home) tell all my friends I'm-a comin', too...

Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life?

...Come on, sinners, lets go down, down to the river to pray.

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison...

...Did ya ever seen a she gator protect er youngins, or a fish in a river swimmin' free? Did ya ever see the beauty of the hills of Carolina, or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee... Do ya like to see a mountain stream a-flowin'? Do ya like to see a youngin' with his dog? Have ya ever stopped to think about, well, the air your breathin'? Well ya better listen to my song... I ain't tryin' to put down no big cities, but the things they write about us are just a bore. You can take a boy out of Ol' Dixieland, Lord, but you'll never take Ol' Dixie from a boy.

Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddddlllllleeeee .................... THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY BOY!!!

Close my eyes, only for a moment then the moments gone...

People say I'm no good; crazy as a loon, 'cause I get stoned in the morning, drunk in the afternoon. Kinda like my ol' Blue Tick hound I like to lay around in the shade - I ain't got no money, but I damn sure got it made. Cause I ain't askin' nobody for nothin', if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin', why don't ya leave this long-haired country boy alone.

Almost Heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River - life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowin' like a breeze...

My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you choose to be, and if your causing no harm then you're alright with me. If you don't like my fire, then don't come around cause I'm gonna burn one down.

...Left my home in Georgia, headed for the Frisco Bay, I had nothin' to live for; looked like nothin's gonna come my way, so I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away...

I could go on and on - I love music and the expression it allows. Interestingly, Rap/Hip Hop/Blues and Country/Bluegrass are typically the two 'trueist' forms of music - real people telling real stories (where as other genres tend to be more poetic and cryptic - not that they are fake or anything).

I think my "most super favoritist of all time ever" lyrics are these:
Long lay the world in sin and error pining, till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth. A dawn of hope the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees... Oh, hear the Angel voices... Oh night divine, oh night when Christ was born...
Not because of anything other than how it personally makes me feel, particularly when sung by candlelight with a large (good) choir.

All of these!!! You just nailed like 1/2 of my Road Trip playlist.

My personal favorite's: "Each betrayal begins with trust"; "B-I-G P-O-PP-A, no info for the, D-E-A"; "We learned in Sunday school, who made the sun shine blue, I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from"; "Spend my dollar, parked in a holler"; "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints"; and if you ever have the privilege or unfortunate experience of riding with me or hell, even at the red light with me when "Let Her Cry" is on, be prepared.

st1264 08-02-2013 01:32 AM

"Get your bravery from a six pack
Get your bravery from a half-pint
Drink your whiskey, drink your grain
Bottoms up and you don't feel pain
GO OUT AND FIGHT, FIGHT
BOTTLED VIOLENCE!
Lose control of your body
Beat the sh!t out of somebody
Half-shut eyes don't see who you hit
But you don't take any sh!t"

"It spits you out when you desire
To conquer it, to feel you're higher
To follow it you must be clean,
With mistakes that you do mean
Move the heart, switch the pace
Look for what seems out of place"

"Though his mind is not for rent,
Don't put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the day's events.
And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift."

Madden 08-02-2013 03:11 AM

We know the truth, but prefer the lies. Lies are simple. Simple is bliss. - NOFX, The Decline

Gutfacekilla 08-10-2013 09:16 PM

"All I know is that I don't know nothing"

Operation Ivy

krisbman 08-10-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden (Post 4030394)
We know the truth, but prefer the lies. Lies are simple. Simple is bliss. - NOFX, The Decline

Love NOFX

sonofabeach 08-10-2013 11:12 PM

Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late.

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd just get myself drunk and I'd jump right back in.

krisbman 08-10-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 4064729)
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late.

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd just get myself drunk and I'd jump right back in.

Glad someone is keepin my thread alive

Madden 08-10-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbman (Post 4064604)
Love NOFX

Me too man, saw em live back in November and they still got it :punk:

krisbman 08-11-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden (Post 4064807)

Me too man, saw em live back in November and they still got it :punk:

Fav album is " War on errorism"

Madden 08-11-2013 12:14 AM

Mines gotta be Pump Up the Valuum or Punk in Drublic

RevCo666 08-11-2013 12:27 AM

My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey.

BlueRidgeYJ 08-11-2013 09:01 AM

The story of a few soldiers, farmers, sailors, pirates, and thieves vs the red coat lightfoot infantry - I like the whole thing.

In 1814 we took a little trip along with Colonel Jackson down the Mighty Missis'sip, we took a little bacon and we took a little beans and we met the bloody British in the town of New Orleans.

Chorus: We fired our rifles and the British kept a-comin', there wasn't as many as there was a while ago. We fired once more and they began to runnin', down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

We looked down the river and we seen the British come, there must've been a hundred of em beatin' on the drum, they stepped so high and they made their buggles ring; we sat beside our cotton bales and didn't say a thing...

Chorus

Ol' Hickory said we can take em by surprise if we didn't fire our muskets 'till we looked em in the eyes. We held our fire 'till we saw their faces well, then we opened up our squirrel guns and really gave em..... well....

Chorus

Well they ran through the briars and the ran through the brambles and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go! They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch em, on down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico!

We fired our cannon 'till the barrels melted down, then we grabbed an alligator & fought another round. We filled his head with cannonballs and powdered his behind, and when we touched the powder off the gator lost his mind.

Chorus: We fired our rifles and the British kept a-comin', there wasn't as many as there was a while ago. We fired once more and they began to runnin', down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

Well they ran through the briars and the ran through the brambles and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go! They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch em, on down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico!

st1264 08-11-2013 10:09 AM

"My life suffocates
Planting the seeds of hate
I've loved, turned to hate
Trapped far beyond my fate
I give, you take this life that I forsake
Been cheated of my youth
You turned this lie to truth

Anger, misery
You'll suffer unto me

Harvester of sorrow
Language of the mad
Harvester of sorrow

Pure black, looking clear
My work is done soon here
Try getting back to me
Get back which used to be
Drink up, shoot in
Let the beatings begin
Distributor of pain
Your loss becomes my gain

Anger, misery
You'll suffer unto me

Harvester of sorrow
Language of the mad
Harvester of sorrow

All have said their prayers
Invade their nightmares
To see into my eyes
You'll find where murder lies
Infanticide"

More lyrics: Metallica Lyrics

BlueRidgeYJ 08-11-2013 10:37 AM

A jail cell is freedom from the pain in my home / Hatred passed on, passed on and passed on / A world of violent rage / But it's one that I can recognise / Having never seen the colour of my fathers eyes

Yes, I dwell in hell, / but it's a hell that I can grip / I tried to grip my family / But I slipped

To escape from the pain / in an existence mundane / I gotta 9, a sign, a set / and now I gotta name / Read my writing on the wall / No-ones here to catch me when I fall / Caught between my culture and the system / ....genocide! / Read my writing on the wall / No-ones here to catch me when I fall / If ignorance is bliss, / then knock the smile off my face / Yeah!

If we don't take action now / We settle for nothing later / Settle for nothing now / And well settle for nothing later

krisbman 08-11-2013 10:44 AM

Beautiful lady are you sure that you understand, the chances your takin for lovin a free livin man, are you really sure that you want what you see, be careful of somethings that just what you want it to be.