Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Turdhurdlers Big 4Oooh B-day Bash (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/turdhurdlers-big-4oooh-b-day-bash-258650.html)

turdhurdler 07-27-2013 10:06 AM

Turdhurdlers Big 4Oooh B-day Bash
 
Hey Gang, during the Meet n Greet, there was discussion of the next meet up. I am aware of a few October Birthdays and figured we could do another camping and wheeling event to celebrate the best month for b-days with fellow members. I am thinking of camping out at 7 Oaks campground and for trails, running Onyx Summit and Pontiac Sluice. I think early October will be best for weather conditions so as to be warm in the day, but not too cool at night.

So, post up with any interest and if enough people want to participate, I will organize the event.

Date of event is Oct. 11th Through the 13th.

Rules for event

1) NO DRINKING ON TRAIL
2) Recovery points front and rear of Jeep
3) Fire extinguisher within reach of driver and others
4) First aid kit within reach of driver and others
5) CB Radio
6) Spare tire within 2" of tires on Jeep

Attending:

1) Turdhurdler Site # 71
2) BillG.OTD Site # 74
3) XJ Phil
4) JK4thedirt
5) Jerry Bransford Unable to attend
6) Suicide King
7) Lab Lover Site # 80
8) Dougzin
9) JPi1 Site # 79 Unable to attend
10) DTM Site # 73
11) R8DRIZD Unable to attend
12) Rubicon Madness Site # 81
13) Toad Site # 83
14) JeepNDirty
15) Kyle3792 Site #84
16) Rramply Site # 82
17) 530 KTM Day trip Unable to attend
18) GKjeep
19) Zombiehunta666 Day trip
20) ELMOSYJ Site # 82
21) Canyon Dweller Day trip
22) Oceansize Site # 81
23) JeepHerz Day Trip
24) sinisterphoto
25) Live4rah
26) duckrunner
27) MTNGOAT

Jeff

BillG.OTD 07-27-2013 10:53 AM

Hey Jeff, actually September is the best month for Bdays :) 7 Oaks is a great location and close by big bear. If people didn't want to stay there it could be a day trip for them.

I think Stan had mentioned putting something together up there also, but I would be down for both so count!

Gunner 07-27-2013 11:52 AM

Sorry bill but early oct is the very best for birthdays.

XJ_Phil 07-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 4009157)
Sorry bill but early oct is the very best for birthdays.

:whistling:Is Oct 6th early enough in the month?:wavey:

Jk4thedirt 07-27-2013 01:40 PM

Yep, October 13th here. Sorry Bill.

BillG.OTD 07-27-2013 01:53 PM

Dang...I appear to be out numbered.. :)

Jerry Bransford 07-27-2013 01:54 PM

Sounds good, but I am struggling/unsuccessful at finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

A link to the 7 Oaks campground in San Bernardino would be appreciated, I'd like to see if it has certain amenities (showers, etc.) so I could bring my wife.

suicideking 07-27-2013 02:11 PM

I'll be there. Not sure if camping or day trip yet.

My birthday is in June, but the Jeep will be 2 years old in October, so close enough! :D

BillG.OTD 07-27-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 4009454)
Sounds good, I am struggling/unsuccessful finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

A link to the 7 Oaks campground in San Bernardino would be appreciated, I'd like to see if it has certain amenities (showers, etc.) so I could bring my wife.

That's too funny Jerry. and so true. You are lucky if you can even find a ph # for them. They have RV hook Iups, dry camping and separate bathrooms with showers...they also have a restaurant and bar :)

JeepHerz 07-27-2013 02:30 PM

Do people still celebrate birthdays after 30?

We'd be up of course but will be out of town Oct. 12th weekend.

Jerry Bransford 07-27-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4009520)
That's too funny Jerry. and so true. You are lucky if you can even find a ph # for them. They have RV hook ups, dry camping and separate bathrooms with showers...they also have a restaurant and bar :)

Too cool, thanks Bill!!

Well, we need some way of making reservation... anyone?

JPi1 07-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4009452)
Dang...I appear to be out numbered.. :)

Nope, 9/11 for me! Lets do it!

JPi1 07-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 4009454)
Sounds good, but I am struggling/unsuccessful at finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

A link to the 7 Oaks campground in San Bernardino would be appreciated, I'd like to see if it has certain amenities (showers, etc.) so I could bring my wife.

I would be suprised if they didn't still have the Motorola Brick phones! Nice family at any rate.

JPi1 07-27-2013 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 4009812)
Too cool, thanks Bill!!

Well, we need some way of making reservation... anyone?

Here you go Jerry

JeepNDirty 07-27-2013 05:29 PM

browsing google maps and found this...

Seven Oaks Mountain Resort
39950 7 Oaks Rd, Angelus Oaks, CA 92305 Map (909) 794-2917

JeepHerz 07-27-2013 06:13 PM

Can we reserve an entire block? We can use tow straps & trees as markers and have Stan or Jeremy be the bouncer. Or make a wagon circle with Rvs. There is a little too much togetherness at 7 Oaks- pretty sure I'd be able to hear the guy 8 spots down picking his nose from my tent. No RV to shield me from the sounds of... nature.
You're welome for the visual. :D

yomondo 07-27-2013 07:07 PM

My Jeep's birthday (build date) is in October, but I don't know at this time what my on-call schedule will be in October, as I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks.

turdhurdler 07-27-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 4010261)
My Jeep's birthday (build date) is in October, but I don't know at this time what my on-call schedule will be in October, as I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks.

You are going to leave the job that always has the parties??? The new offer must be amazing. Congrats.

Jeff

cashcow1608 07-27-2013 07:43 PM

Do they have a size limit on RVs up there at 7 Oaks.

turdhurdler 07-27-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 4009157)
Sorry bill but early oct is the very best for birthdays.

Early October for sure...
Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ_Phil (Post 4009305)
:whistling:Is Oct 6th early enough in the month?:wavey:

We must be twins from another mother, Oct. 6 here also!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk4thedirt (Post 4009421)
Yep, October 13th here. Sorry Bill.

Lots of Oct. B-days. Awesome!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4009482)
I'll be there. Not sure if camping or day trip yet.

My birthday is in June, but the Jeep will be 2 years old in October, so close enough! :D

Jeeps have b-days also, this works for me!
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepHerz (Post 4009537)
Do people still celebrate birthdays after 30?

We'd be up of course but will be out of town Oct. 12th weekend.

Of course I celebrate, just change the event to 20th anniversary of my 20th B-day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPi1 (Post 4009907)
Nope, 9/11 for me! Lets do it!

Close enough to October, glad to have you involved, Stan.

Jeff

XJ_Phil 07-27-2013 10:14 PM

to the turdhurdler
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
Is Oct 6th early enough in the month?
We must be twins from another mother, Oct. 6 here also!!!

I'm guessing our twinship is probably separated by a few years. Next time 10/6 gets here, I'll be 66. In case you didn't already know it....getting old is not for the weak.

WOKNROX 07-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ_Phil (Post 4010920)
to the turdhurdler
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
Is Oct 6th early enough in the month?
We must be twins from another mother, Oct. 6 here also!!!

I'm guessing our twinship is probably separated by a few years. Next time 10/6 gets here, I'll be 66. In case you didn't already know it....getting old is not for the weak.

This is what Old people do...:thumb:
Phillip 66

XJ_Phil 07-27-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 4010957)
This is what Old people do...:thumb:
Phillip 66

If they are lucky to have friends like you they do........:D

WOKNROX 07-27-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ_Phil (Post 4010977)
If they are lucky to have friends like you they do........:D

Thanx bud....

Rubicon Madness 07-27-2013 10:40 PM

OK, I gotta be in on this...Oct 18th for me! I'm there. Seeking new camping gear for my birthday...:-)

WOKNROX 07-27-2013 10:57 PM

Hey guys....just an FYI... JERRY'S "Operation Desert Fun" is on the weekend of the 18th...great wheelin for really good cause... Wounded Warriors...

And for all of you guys that have been wanting to run the Hammer trails in JV..."Fun In The Desert" is on the weekend of the 13th...another great cause...to save Johnson Valley!
This is the best way to run these trails....with the guys that built them!

Just a couple of events to think about...and could really use your help...
Thanx

XJ_Phil 07-27-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefffhrey (Post 4011037)
If they are lucky to have friends like you they do..http://erjie.smokemaps.com/14.jpg

I don't get it.........no such friends maybe? :confused:

JeepNDirty 07-28-2013 12:05 AM

what if we're over 40...can we still go? :rofl:

Lab Lover 07-28-2013 12:13 AM

Bill, did you say RV hookups?? Lol, My son's birthday is Oct. 18th, so we can make that our reason. Also, Mike turns the big 50 in Nov. we can always start celebrating early :thumb:

yomondo 07-28-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4010307)
You are going to leave the job that always has the parties??? The new offer must be amazing. Congrats.

Thanks. Yup, it's time to move on after nearly five years there. Honestly all the drinking and partying every week had gotten old for me. The new gig is better for me in areas that matter more than drinking and partying.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.