Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   August 30th Weekend: Yellow Jacket and Miller (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/august-30th-weekend-yellow-jacket-and-miller-259339.html)

I H8RDS 07-30-2013 11:59 AM

August 30th Weekend: Yellow Jacket and Miller
 
:wavey: Open to all who want to join!

This run has been changed!!

Running Yellow Jacket and Miller instead of what was previously posted. Moderate run!

You’ll want to have sliders, tow points, and some sort of lift would be helpful. If you don’t have a lift, have some armor underneath.

Date: August 30th-Sept 1st.

We will be camping in our special little remote spot up at Sky Ranch. If you’d like to join us, let me know and I’ll give you directions via PM or phone ( Keeping the location quiet so the spot stays private) . It’s dry camping, no services. You’re basically on top of a mountain with the birds, deer and trees. If you want to come out for just a day run Saturday, that’s fine too. You can meet us at the trailhead at 1030am.


Directions to Miller’s trail head:

This trail starts southwest of Fraizer Park, west of Hungry Valley. The Flying J is right off Interstate 5 North at Fraizer Park. 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA 93243. Get gas there if you need it. From there, it's around 7 miles to Lake-of-the-Woods. Turn left on Lockood Valley Road. There's a little market there on the corner that makes the BEST sandwiches and potatoe salad :D From that store, it's probably around 7 or 8 miles or so before you'll see the sign to get to the trailhead on the left side of the road. The turnoff is at N34 45.578 W119 02.987. We’ll air down at the staging area and then hit the trail at N34 44.059 W119 02.364.

Bring lunch and drinks! You may want to bring sunblock and bug spray as well. This will be an all-day run!

Who’s in? :cool:

1. Lorie- I H8RDS
2. Bernie and Vanessa-Werubiblue06
3. Heather and Alex- JeepNDirty
4. Lorenzo- 4XSMURF
5. Jimmy
6. Brandon and Britt-BrandonT
7. Rich and Family-rkwfxd
8. Solvang100-Dwight & Lynda
9. Helen-SAR JEEP


**
I'll bring my yellow happy face flag everybody...put it up where ya'll are supposed to turn..that should make it easier for you first timers up at Sky Ranch. :) **

I H8RDS 07-30-2013 12:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some pics of Snake River..


Attachment 279461



Attachment 279462



Attachment 279464



Attachment 279465

werubiblue06 07-30-2013 04:10 PM

Sky Ranch--then count me in!

werubiblue06 07-30-2013 04:13 PM

...and what's up with the small font size?!?! Us old(er) folks can't read fonts that small!

Cons_Table 07-30-2013 04:15 PM

Edit away Lorie :wavey:

I H8RDS 07-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 4020502)
...and what's up with the small font size?!?! Us old(er) folks can't read fonts that small!

LOL I wrote it out on Word; copied/pasted parts of it together from previous runs I've put on out there..and can't get it to go normal :confused: Put the bifocals on Bernie!! :rofl:

I've requested to make my first post editable..I'll add you as soon as I'm able :thumb: It'll be nice to get back up there.......and you are going to dig this trail.

BTW..we may want to get some strong fishing line to tie down our antennas for parts of that trail. There's places where you know you're on the trail, but you just can't see it :cool:

I H8RDS 07-30-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 4020508)
Edit away Lorie :wavey:

Thanks!! That's what I call quick service!! :thumb: :D

Randog 07-30-2013 06:40 PM

I could be in for the day, I've been wanting to check out Sky Ranch. I have no interest in scratching my purdy Jeep so I would only be good for Miller portion.

I H8RDS 07-30-2013 06:52 PM

That's probably not going to be too fun for you..we'll be on Snake River for a little while. And just an FYI, from Dutchman's Camp to Sky Ranch, it's a bit of a drive. Figure around 45 minutes down into HV, pit stop at gas station and then back around onto Lockwood and up the mountain to about 8K feet. Total time from the top of Miller to Sky is around an hour and a half by the time it's all said and done..

JeepNDirty 07-31-2013 07:41 AM

Attachment 279784

A map of the trail

JeepNDirty 07-31-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepNDirty (Post 4023368)

A map of the trail

Put me an Alex on the list we're goin!
I don't care if my jeep gets scratched battle wounds are proudly earned!! :-)

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 07:58 AM

That map gives ya a general idea..but ya can't see Snake River ;)

I'll add you guys :) It'll be good to see you both again!

4XSMURF 07-31-2013 02:17 PM

I'm in and my friend Jimmy will be coming too. He's got a 2-door JK, lift and 35's

Woohoo!!

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 02:23 PM

Nice! :dance:

Doing Sky Ranch with us Fri- Sun?

4XSMURF 07-31-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4024740)
Nice! :dance:

Doing Sky Ranch with us Fri- Sun?

Hell YES! :punk:

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4XSMURF (Post 4024749)
Hell YES! :punk:


YAY!!! :thumb:

simidan 07-31-2013 02:27 PM

Im gonna say hell yes right now. But come Friday the 30th, work could change my mind. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Ive been thinking of doing an overnighter on the trail and this would be a great trip to do a small scale atempt.

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4XSMURF (Post 4024749)

Hell YES! :punk:

And FYI, there's will be no more zipping Lorie shut in her tent!!

My tent now sucka!!! LOL

Attachment 279904

4XSMURF 07-31-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4024776)
And FYI, there's will be no more zipping Lorie shut in her tent!!

My tent now sucka!!! LOL

Attachment 279904

I'm sure I can figure out some way to fuck with you... :rofl:

AND.... I don't have to put that stupid cot together for you anymore

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simidan (Post 4024759)
Im gonna say hell yes right now. But come Friday the 30th, work could change my mind. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Ive been thinking of doing an overnighter on the trail and this would be a great trip to do a small scale atempt.

Hey! Right on!! I'll put ya on my list and as we get closer and you know you can overnight it with us, I'll get you directions to our special Sky Ranch :)

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4XSMURF (Post 4024782)

I'm sure I can figure out some way to fuck with you... :rofl:

Bring it homey!!!

LOL. OH THAT COT!!! ya, don't miss that. Got me a sweet cushy velvety queen bed ;)

Randog 07-31-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4021117)
That's probably not going to be too fun for you..we'll be on Snake River for a little while. And just an FYI, from Dutchman's Camp to Sky Ranch, it's a bit of a drive. Figure around 45 minutes down into HV, pit stop at gas station and then back around onto Lockwood and up the mountain to about 8K feet. Total time from the top of Miller to Sky is around an hour and a half by the time it's all said and done..

Lori have done Miller a bunch of times and once with you before. I know the trails up there quite well. I was kinda going to go to skyranch in the morning if thats ok? I'm shying away from the snake river part because it doesn't look like a designated forest route and I don't need a performance award.:doh:

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 03:35 PM

It is a trail, it's just overgrown because it's not maintained by anyone. It used to go all the way through; according to my friends who have been wheeling it for 20+ years.

werubiblue06 07-31-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4024792)

Bring it homey!!!

LOL. OH THAT COT!!! ya, don't miss that. Got me a sweet cushy velvety queen bed ;)

Hahaha!! Not just a queen bed but a VELVETY queen bed. Too funny, how quick we get used to the good life. :thumb:

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 4025032)
Hahaha!! Not just a queen bed but a VELVETY queen bed. Too funny, how quick we get used to the good life. :thumb:

Oh Bernie-- his bed is awesome! :D And ya, I'm gettting used to a lot. He's my sweetheart :flowers:

JeepNDirty 07-31-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4023405)
That map gives ya a general idea..but ya can't see Snake River ;)

I'll add you guys :) It'll be good to see you both again!

It's ok posted for the general info. Look forward to seeing your spot! Alex is excited to see ya :-)

Randog 07-31-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4025008)
It is a trail, it's just overgrown because it's not maintained by anyone. It used to go all the way through; according to my friends who have been wheeling it for 20+ years.


Cool :cool:

SkylarM 07-31-2013 08:02 PM

You know I'm in. Plus c'mon, the ranch is named after me!

I H8RDS 07-31-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkylarM (Post 4025910)
You know I'm in. Plus c'mon, the ranch is named after me!

:rolleyes:

Sweet!! :dance:

simidan 07-31-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4024784)

Hey! Right on!! I'll put ya on my list and as we get closer and you know you can overnight it with us, I'll get you directions to our special Sky Ranch :)

Cool, hope I can make this one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.