Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Out '12 JK,,,In '13 TRD Tundra (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/out-12-jk-in-13-trd-tundra-259368.html)

silvrevo 07-30-2013 01:53 PM

Out '12 JK,,,In '13 TRD Tundra
 
1 Attachment(s)
That's right! Traded in the JK the other day. Got $21k for it and a good deal on the Toyota. Plus 0% for 60 months.

Its been nice chatting with you guys, and Even DAGGGOOOOOOOOO too.

This is a '13 reg cab short bed TRD 5.7
Man does it have balls! And a very smooth ride.

Reason I got out of the JK was I wanted a dedicated snowplow truck for our small business, and a truck fits the bill a lot better than "Vanna" did.

Here is a little picture for you all to ooggle over :thumb:


Bye Bye Daggooooo !!!!!!!!! Ill be over on the Tundra Talk site if ya wanna shoot the Bull.

SuperTJ 07-30-2013 01:59 PM

I have a 2006 LJ and 2012 DC 2WD Tundra. I love them both.

Iron Clad Lou 07-30-2013 02:04 PM

I couldnt wait to dump my Tundra...Toyota quality just keeps getting worse...I hope you have good luck!

panthermark 07-30-2013 02:08 PM

You gotta do what is best for you and your business.

Good Luck!

(you'll be back....maybe with a TJ or something go have some fun with)

terrabit 07-30-2013 02:19 PM

I traded in a Tacoma TuRD Offroad that I bought new in 06' on my 13 JKUR. Got $13k for it with a bad t-case. From my experience, they don't hold up well with 33" MTs and a basic 3" lift. Guess I'll see how it goes with 35" MTs and a basic 2.5" lift on the JKUR. I did like the 4L engine that came in the Tacoma, lots of low end grunt for a 6.

Snowboard One 07-30-2013 02:23 PM

Oooogle!!!? That thing is ugly. Sad day for you.

HillbillyJeeper 07-30-2013 02:27 PM

Why do I feel like I just watched a baby seal get clubbed?

CollegiateJeeperDB 07-30-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 4020094)
Why do I feel like I just watched a baby seal get clubbed?

x2

To each his own, but man that is not an attractive vehicle. F150 or if you must go asian at least a nissan titan. UGH:confused:

stryker755 07-30-2013 02:54 PM

Ill.

lolpetewtf 07-30-2013 02:57 PM

That is the biggest door I have seen. I kinda like it tho lol.

Pfiffmeister83 07-30-2013 03:09 PM

My buddy and I were talking about how ugly these trucks were the other day.

I traded a 2011 5.0 Lariat 2WD on a 2011 JKU Sport, it was simply too much for my usage and wanted something a little more fun. I miss the power of my truck and the cirrent generation F-150s are beautiful but the JKU is more fitting for my lifestyle.

While those Tundras are ugly, at least IMO, that motor is no slouch and you should definitely be able to get the job done. Congrats on the new toy!

bcj366 07-30-2013 03:12 PM

That thing looks like it'll flip over forward when a plow is attached to it :whistling:

Keep lots of sand on board

JTE 07-30-2013 03:39 PM

I call dib's on the name!

Vanna, someone else can have Olivia.

backdoc 07-30-2013 03:41 PM

Enjoy your new gas mileage. It'll make the jeep seem economical!

gorillahydrographics 07-30-2013 03:50 PM

How are you going to use a snow plow on a 2x4 truck? The toyota website doesnt even let you build a reg cab with 4x4??

TRD is just a suspension package..which isnt much...

1Topp 07-30-2013 05:19 PM

:nonono:

Thegame 07-30-2013 05:21 PM

:crazy: OOGGLE ?? :rofl:

i82much 07-30-2013 05:21 PM

I don't get the negativity, I didn't get the sense the guy was bashing his JK, just that he had different needs.

Old Dogger 07-30-2013 05:38 PM

We all have different needs and likes, but a Tundra, WOW........:nonono::nonono::nonono:

LMT Rubi 07-30-2013 05:46 PM

sooooo UN-American :hide:

ElectricJay 07-30-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 4020094)
Why do I feel like I just watched a baby seal get clubbed?

:rofl: GOLD!!! :rofl:

MacCTD 07-30-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMT Rubi (Post 4020831)
sooooo UN-American :hide:


Do some research, the Tundra is more American than the JK, Ford trucks or GM trucks.

5150Rubicon 07-30-2013 06:00 PM

Usually I have to tune into Jerry Springer for a few minutes, when I need a little re-assurance that things could be worse. Thanks for saving me the few minutes! :rofl:

Just kidding man. Couldn't resist. Congrats, and as a fellow business owner...I give you much respect :thumb:

DIXIEDOG 07-30-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCTD (Post 4020854)
Do some research, the Tundra is more American than the JK, Ford trucks or GM trucks.


That's what the Rice Burner Club of America would like to have you believe but it's all lies :rofl:


Congrats on your lesson, I too bought a Tundra once....I learned my lesson and won't do that again.:whistling:


On a serious note if it makes you happy and suits your needs that's awesome....congrats on the new ride but I'm not going to Oogle:p

MacCTD 07-30-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG (Post 4020877)
That's what the Rice Burner Club of America would like to have you believe but it's all lies :rofl:


Congrats on your lesson, I too bought a Tundra once....I learned my lesson and won't do that again.:whistling:


On a serious note if it makes you happy and suits your needs that's awesome....congrats on the new ride but I'm not going to Oogle:p

Can you provide some facts to back up your lies claim? There are plenty of references you can find that list the Tundra domestic content and reliability record.

hontors 07-30-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorillahydrographics (Post 4020416)
How are you going to use a snow plow on a 2x4 truck? The toyota website doesnt even let you build a reg cab with 4x4??

TRD is just a suspension package..which isnt much...

I believe it is 4x4....not a 2x4. Congrats on the new truck, if I was looking for a pickup that is exactly what I would get. They are a very nice ride and the engine is silky smooth.

DIXIEDOG 07-30-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCTD (Post 4020907)
Can you provide some facts to back up your lies claim? There are plenty of references you can find that list the Tundra domestic content and reliability record.


Sure....F150 is the most American made truck on the road :dance:

Ford F-150 Tops American-Made Index - PickupTrucks.com News

MacCTD 07-30-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG (Post 4020971)
Sure....F150 is the most American made truck on the road :dance:

Ford F-150 Tops American-Made Index - PickupTrucks.com News

The Ford '13 F150 and the '13 Tundra have the same domestic content, 75%, look it up, the only reason it ranks higher on the list is one of the criteria is sales volume.

DIXIEDOG 07-30-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCTD (Post 4021122)
The Ford '13 F150 and the '13 Tundra have the same domestic content, 75%, look it up, the only reason it ranks higher on the list is one of the criteria is sales volume.

You said the Tundra is the most American....it is not it has the same domestic content but it is not more American content and given the lower sales it is not as good. :whistling:

In all honesty I don't care either way I was making a joke which was why I had the ":rofl:" and I still don't care. Whatever floats anyone's boat is all that matters, it's their money not mine. :thumb:

Goldcomet 07-30-2013 07:17 PM

I avoid doing business with businesses that own rice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.