Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/)
-   -   New to Dallas Need a Good Shop (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/new-to-dallas-need-a-good-shop-259580.html)

JAHouse 07-31-2013 11:32 AM

New to Dallas Need a Good Shop

hey guys i just recently moved to Dallas from Little Rock. I need a good shop to work on my jeep as the one i used is now 5 miles away.

i visited 4wheel parts in Plano on monday and saw they had good reviews, not to mention an extensive catalogue, and a crap load of jeeps sitting outside.

but at any rate i figured i would see if anyone had some suggestions as to where to take it. i live in north dallas but i'm not opposed to driving it an hour in any direction, so long as i get quality work

lindel 07-31-2013 09:05 PM

Collins Bros in Wylie, I think there's 5 4 Wheel Parts/4WD stores in the Metroplex. There's another one on I35E in Denton, on the right if you're going north (Extreme 4x4, or something like that, I've seen it but don't recall the name). There's another shop on Preston Rd in Frisco that I've heard good things about, again I don't remember the name of it.

Hook up with Lone Star Jeep Club and get recommendations from there. It's probably the biggest club in the Metroplex.

jeffmarion 07-31-2013 09:30 PM

What are you looking at having done? Custom fab work?

DPD06 07-31-2013 09:53 PM

Baertrax Offroad, owner is Josh and he's all about great customer service and does awesome work. He's doing my LQ9/4L80e swap and just did my Teraflex long arm. Located at 2480 Joe Field road in NW Dallas at 35/Royal.

Another +1 for LSJC. Username Punisher8738

JAHouse 07-31-2013 10:59 PM

ok thanks guys

i registered with LSJC earlier this morning but i have yet to receive a confirmation email from them

kdilly 07-31-2013 11:08 PM

X2 on collins bros in wylie

rjelliott 07-31-2013 11:24 PM

BaerTrax or Tribe 4x4. Both do very good fab work.

crisjacof 07-31-2013 11:51 PM

All terrain fabrication in Plano, they have done great work for my jeep.

CarolinaBound 07-31-2013 11:53 PM

My favorite is the driveway, but when I have to get stuff done that's out of my ability or I don't have the equipment for I go to a freelance guy. Way more educated than any guys I've talked to in a shop, doesn't try to rob me, and talks jeep, too :thumb:. I just had my upper rear shock bolts/weld nuts knocked off by him. 4-5 hours of labor including hammering them off, file flat, and painting it came out to 175. Freelance/mobile is the way to go.

lindel 08-01-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdilly (Post 4026493)
X2 on collins bros in wylie

First time I've ever seen that logo for Texas A&M, I like it!

JAHouse 08-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAHouse (Post 4023899)
hey guys i just recently moved to Dallas from Little Rock. I need a good shop to work on my jeep as the one i used is now 5 miles away.

i visited 4wheel parts in Plano on monday and saw they had good reviews, not to mention an extensive catalogue, and a crap load of jeeps sitting outside.

but at any rate i figured i would see if anyone had some suggestions as to where to take it. i live in north dallas but i'm not opposed to driving it an hour in any direction, so long as i get quality work

i just now caught this... i meant 5 HOURS away...

kdilly 08-02-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindel (Post 4027731)

First time I've ever seen that logo for Texas A&M, I like it!

Thanks!
It's corps of cadets seal.
Corps of Cadets '16

lindel 08-02-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdilly (Post 4030317)
Thanks!
It's corps of cadets seal.
Corps of Cadets '16

Congrats! When I was in high school ROTC, we made trips down to Kyle Field for A&M's homecoming game all 4 years I was there.

Nothing like it in the college world!

Thanks for your commitment, and for your future service!

DBoat 08-02-2013 02:07 PM

I have used 4wheelparts in Dallas in town. Steve is the manager and his group has treated me, my friends and my Jeep well. They really want to make sure you have a good outcome. I have another friend of mine that does some work on the side when he has time. So there are some things I have him do as well.