Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Trail Pics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/)
-   -   First time Off-roading....baby steps (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/first-time-off-roading-baby-steps-260783.html)

GladiatorMMA 08-05-2013 05:16 PM

First time Off-roading....baby steps

2 Attachment(s)
I took my new Jeep off roading for a couple hours today to try it out and get some practice. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed myself. My Jeep is still basically stock so I didn't want to go anywhere too crazy, so I just kept it on the bunny hills. HAHA :D I can't wait to have enough money for tires and a lift!!! :whistling:

The best part was my girlfriend screaming and trying to hide as we went over some of the hills etc. Fun times. :rofl:

fast_suv 08-05-2013 09:01 PM

At least you are off the pavement

REDY2KTJ 08-05-2013 10:14 PM

That's awesome! Welcome to the party, welcome to the sickness! Enjoy!

GladiatorMMA 08-06-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_suv (Post 4044139)
At least you are off the pavement

HAHA, yeah as lame as the trail was, I had to do something with the Jeep other than grocery shopping.

GladiatorMMA 08-06-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDY2KTJ (Post 4044482)
That's awesome! Welcome to the party, welcome to the sickness! Enjoy!

Thanks! I can tell this is going to hurt my wallet......badly. :nonono: :p

Decoy_58 08-06-2013 09:47 AM

got my 90 about 2 years ago luv this jeep going to buy my granddaughter a jeep

alienature 08-07-2013 07:48 PM

good stuff buddy. you'd be surprised at what a stock jeep can do

Padfoot 08-07-2013 08:36 PM

Nice bud!

GladiatorMMA 08-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alienature (Post 4052060)
good stuff buddy. you'd be surprised at what a stock jeep can do

Yeah, I was actually very impressed with it. I thought I would get bogged down in some of the thick mud I was in, but nope, just kept plugging along. :thumb:

sittingduck331 08-17-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GladiatorMMA (Post 4056782)
Yeah, I was actually very impressed with it. I thought I would get bogged down in some of the thick mud I was in, but nope, just kept plugging along. :thumb:

Look at it this way.

There are no lame trails, hills, roads or mud. As you learn your JeeP you will come to understand your limitations, comfort zone and level of enjoyment. You will also learn that your JeeP does not share the same limitations and just how amazing it is off road. :dance:

Take your time, don't roll it over. Find a local group to run with. Get stuck, get muddy, have fun...

As far as the wallet goes.

JeeP stands for:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Just
Eats
Every
Paycheck

GladiatorMMA 08-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sittingduck331 (Post 4089668)
Look at it this way.

There are no lame trails, hills, roads or mud. As you learn your JeeP you will come to understand your limitations, comfort zone and level of enjoyment. You will also learn that your JeeP does not share the same limitations and just how amazing it is off road. :dance:

Take your time, don't roll it over. Find a local group to run with. Get stuck, get muddy, have fun...

As far as the wallet goes.

JeeP stands for:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Just
Eats
Every
Paycheck

Thanks for the advice! :thumb:

And yeah, I'm quickly discovering what those acronyms stand for, hahaha Oh well, it's fun. :punk:

tj_jeepgirl 08-19-2013 10:38 PM

welcome!!.ima new jeep owner as well.. i mean ive had experiences in my friends YJ, but theres nothing better then owning your own(: i got me a TJ &its been the best investment ever♡ just remember never get used to any trail, they change all the time due to weather conditions, etc.. my best friend taught me that(:

tj_jeepgirl 08-19-2013 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
favorite quote♡ applies to jeeps well(:

Attachment 287971

Jkchris2dr. 08-19-2013 11:13 PM

I'm a new owner myself. Picked up the same rig but in black back in June. As always becareful on the trails but don't underestimate what these jeeps can do in a stock form.

GladiatorMMA 08-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_jeepgirl (Post 4098718)
welcome!!.ima new jeep owner as well.. i mean ive had experiences in my friends YJ, but theres nothing better then owning your own(: i got me a TJ &its been the best investment ever♡ just remember never get used to any trail, they change all the time due to weather conditions, etc.. my best friend taught me that(:

Good advice, thanks! :)

Canadian GP 09-17-2013 10:58 PM

Nice pics, where were they taken?

Desert1 09-18-2013 10:36 AM

I am still waiting to take my 2013 4dr off-road for the first time. I live in Zona and need to find some trails. Enjoy!

W5KVV 10-12-2013 02:52 AM

Everyone had a good time & that's what matters. One thing I have found out over the years, you can make a lot of good memories with a Jeep, regardless of how it's modified. Some of the best memories for me was with my first Jeep, a '95 YJ when it was still rolling on the factory 215/75/15 tires.

As far as dropping money in a Jeep goes, there's an old saying "You must feed the fever or it will consume you" lol.