Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   WWYD to your JKUR with $10K (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/wwyd-to-your-jkur-with-10k-260987.html)

CPT_D 08-06-2013 02:22 PM

WWYD to your JKUR with $10K

So here's the deal, I have a 2013 JKUR 10A that is mostly stock. Right now I have a CB, Banks intake, and an Antenna-X rubber shorty and my wife said I can spend $10K on the Jeep (I love my wife :thumb:). We go riding with the local club about twice a month minimum and the trails are serious (I'm usually the one being wenches).

I will also say that this is not all I will be able to drop on the Jeep, but it is all for right now.

So as the title says... What would you do if this were your JK and you had 10K to drop on it???

AverageJK 08-06-2013 02:27 PM

Lift, rims, tires, bumpers, winch and skid plates

panthermark 08-06-2013 02:31 PM

That is easy...
I would buy the same stuff I bought for my Sahara (Tuffy underseat lockbox, Tuffy truck enclosure, Hotheads, wheel locks, hood locks, speakers, ect)...

Then I'd take the rest and buy a TJ.
The 10A would stay clean and pristine as a DD. The TJ would get the snot beat out of it.....and TJ parts are cheaper.

hair2831 08-06-2013 02:38 PM

LOL! Why buy a Rubicon if you're not going to use it panthermark? Anyway, I would buy a lift, bigger tires, rims (if you don't like the Rubi rims), winch, recovery gear/straps, onboard air system, rock sliders, skid plates, exhaust system, maybe a set of flat fenders. That should get you started pretty good.

Bone 08-06-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AverageJK (Post 4046720)
Lift, rims, tires, bumpers, winch and skid plates

What he said.:thumb: Oh, and a great big Warn W sticker for my hood. :D

Milkman 08-06-2013 03:26 PM

I'd pay it off so I ddidn't feel bad beating up a Jeep with payments. Then you'll have lots of money for mods and can keep building.

Yep me = killjoy :rolleyes:

Dragonscape 08-06-2013 03:46 PM

THIS^^^^^
Pay it off, enjoy the ride stock and move slowly on the mods
Personal choice was stereo, sliders, stubby, wheels...next will be tires-lift and suspension upgrades..then bigger tires more lift...its a cycle do a little then do a little more.
Otherwise just order up an AEV Hemi with pro-rock 60's and call it done

Jstraw 08-06-2013 04:42 PM

I just don't get why people buy rubicons just to upgrade them??? Seems like a waste of money! Especially the 10a... I like the way stock rubicons look anyhow, too much beef looks like sheet!

If I were you, with a 10a and 10k, I would put a RIPP supercharger on that pentastar, sleeve and gusset the Dana 44's, and a snorkel. Plain and simple!

legitposter 08-06-2013 04:52 PM

Don't put it towards the payments... If you do then you'll have less time with your mods once you actually do get them. Have fun now.

So if I had $10K id immediately get the Metal Cloak game changer lift and of course wheels and tires.

spieg 08-06-2013 05:00 PM

Prorock44, lift, rcv's in the front, chromoly rear shafts, driveshafts front and rear, wheels, tires. That should be a good start. :thumb:

thinkxingu 08-06-2013 05:25 PM

I'm of the "bank it and fix what you break" crowd, especially since a. you have a very capable rig already and 2. you haven't wheeled enough to 1. hit your rig's limits or b. know the rig's limitations for your use.

Save the money and know you'll have it ready when you discover you want, or need, something.

VaderJK12 08-06-2013 05:25 PM

Take $1k and buy something nice for your wife. The other $9k....Pay that Jeep off!

lolpetewtf 08-06-2013 05:32 PM

Read this forum for 10 minutes you will have a pretty good idea.

CPT_D 08-06-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 4047218)
Don't put it towards the payments... If you do then you'll have less time with your mods once you actually do get them. Have fun now.

So if I had $10K id immediately get the Metal Cloak game changer lift and of course wheels and tires.

I am looking into the Game Changer but here is the problem I'm running into... Like the consensus I think lift, wheels, tires, wench, skids, truss and gussets but when I do the math... it doesn't work out...

Game changer $4K (plus a case of Beer for my club friends to help install it..)
37's ~ $2200
Wheels $750-2100 (non beadlock vs. beadlock)
Artec axle truss $250 + $100
River Raider skids $1200
Warn Zeon 10s with mount and hoop $1800 :eek:
Let's not even talk about tube fenders... (the set from MetalCloak will run me $1650)
Tom Woods drive shafts ~$1300
Gears $800
Lets see... All that (the cheapest way) $14050, if I did the beadlocks then I'm looking at $15500

So is there something I can cut? or go with a different lift?
This is the reason I started this thread, there are so many ways to skin this cat that it's extremely difficult to come up with the best solution. I'm sure someone here has done something similar as I'm sure not everyone has an unlimited budget.

With all that said I will likely get another $10K after April to do with as I please on the Jeep.

BTW JEEP = Paid in full

CPT_D 08-06-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 4047312)
I'm of the "bank it and fix what you break" crowd, especially since a. you have a very capable rig already and 2. you haven't wheeled enough to 1. hit your rig's limits or b. know the rig's limitations for your use.

Save the money and know you'll have it ready when you discover you want, or need, something.

Actually I have wheeled my Jeep plenty and yes I have found the limits of it (on several occasions) as evident by the numerous times I have had to be wenched and could not go were others have (obviously a wench is on the ticket). I fully agree with the break it and upgrade mantra but I would like to 1. build in some security 2. be able to go where my friends go 3. not high center or bottom out on ever rock and molehill I come across.

jeepers29 08-06-2013 05:42 PM

How about you divorce your wife and send her my way. $20k allowance to build your rig, now that is an understanding wife!

CPT_D 08-06-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstraw (Post 4047177)
I just don't get why people buy rubicons just to upgrade them??? Seems like a waste of money! Especially the 10a... I like the way stock rubicons look anyhow, too much beef looks like sheet!

If I were you, with a 10a and 10k, I would put a RIPP supercharger on that pentastar, sleeve and gusset the Dana 44's, and a snorkel. Plain and simple!

I love the idea of the RIPP but I think I need some clearance before that... Although it will likely be in the next go round of upgrades.

panthermark 08-06-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT_D (Post 4047347)
I am looking into the Game Changer but here is the problem I'm running into... Like the consensus I think lift, wheels, tires, wench, skids, truss and gussets but when I do the math... it doesn't work out...

Game changer $4K (plus a case of Beer for my club friends to help install it..)
37's ~ $2200
Wheels $750-2100 (non beadlock vs. beadlock)
Artec axle truss $250 + $100
River Raider skids $1200
Warn Zeon 10s with mount and hoop $1800 :eek:
Let's not even talk about tube fenders... (the set from MetalCloak will run me $1650)
Tom Woods drive shafts ~$1300
Gears $800
Lets see... All that (the cheapest way) $14050, if I did the beadlocks then I'm looking at $15500

So is there something I can cut? or go with a different lift?
This is the reason I started this thread, there are so many ways to skin this cat that it's extremely difficult to come up with the best solution. I'm sure someone here has done something similar as I'm sure not everyone has an unlimited budget.

With all that said I will likely get another $10K after April to do with as I please on the Jeep.

BTW JEEP = Paid in full

Nice!
And with another $10K....I double down on the TJ recommendation. :D

VaderJK12 08-06-2013 05:44 PM

Apparently I'm not rich enough for this thread....:whistling:

Since its paid in full, take $2k and buy the wife something nice :flowers: take the other $8k and buy a TJ.

CPT_D 08-06-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers29 (Post 4047370)
How about you divorce your wife and send her my way. $20k allowance to build your rig, now that is an understanding wife!

I have to save I have a keeper, I do good by here and she does good by me. Anyway we wheel as a family so to her it's an investment in family time.

CPT_D 08-06-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaderJK12 (Post 4047384)
Apparently I'm not rich enough for this thread....:whistling:

Since its paid in full, take $2k and buy the wife something nice :flowers: take the other $8k and buy a TJ.

Sold the TJ when we bought this, simply because we wanted 4 doors (more family friendly).

live_slow 08-06-2013 05:49 PM

on my jeep? not much really

i'd probably buy a nice trailer with a trailer top tent (like Manley ORV)

when it's older, maybe i'd mod it significantly

with the kind of mods you're talking about, well, that would put me in places where I'd get body damage for sure, and i ain't ready to trash my 2013 yet

TexasJeepGirl 08-06-2013 05:58 PM

'NUFF SAID.

GenRight JK Long Arm Suspension for the JK

931JK 08-06-2013 06:24 PM

I think you can come on here and get answers to a point,but you know the type of wheeling you do and want to do. Go out and make a list of what you think are the most important things to upgrade and build from there.

kjeeper10 08-06-2013 06:36 PM

Nobody likes to spend others people's money lol
Give it to me ..... I have a few things in mind :D

CPT_D 08-06-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasJeepGirl (Post 4047429)

That is a truly amazing suspension, but ultimately out of my price range... I guess if I saved my $$$ and waited till next year... but even then $14-$15K for a suspension is a tad steep...:eek:

CPT_D 08-06-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 931JK (Post 4047524)
I think you can come on here and get answers to a point,but you know the type of wheeling you do and want to do. Go out and make a list of what you think are the most important things to upgrade and build from there.

I agree an I have several lists made up of things I want/need, lifts I want and things I have to have to go with them, and I guess the real problem is I simply have a decision making disorder. This is why I like to see how others would handle my dilemma. Ultimately, you are correct, I have to make my own decision, I just need some help in the right direction.

931JK 08-06-2013 07:02 PM

Sorry if that post come across as me trying to be a d$&@. You will get a lot of help from here there are a lot if very knowledgable people

ahsumtoy 08-06-2013 07:26 PM

If it were me

1) Put a 2 1/2' to 3 1/2" lift on it
2) Put on some nice KM2's 35"
3) Put on some nice wheels (black)
4) Put on some Rock Sliders
5) Upgrade the tire carrier
6) Tint the windows
7) Change out the entire sterio system
8) Put on some better lights
9) Put on Mopar Hood Locks that use your original key
10) Put on some hinge locks
11) Put on some grab handles for back seats
12) Get a Superchip flashcal

CPT_D 08-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 931JK (Post 4047669)
Sorry if that post come across as me trying to be a d$&@. You will get a lot of help from here there are a lot if very knowledgable people

Not at all, I completely understand.:thumb: