Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Ummmm... What is this... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ummmm-what-is-this-260993.html)

Moose5 08-06-2013 04:14 PM

Ummmm... What is this...

1 Attachment(s)
I went under my 09 Jku today trying to see if i could the gear ratio and came across this sticker that says my ratio is 272... Can someone explain this to me please?

woode87 08-06-2013 04:15 PM

That is your transfer case ratio

Moose5 08-06-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woode87 (Post 4046869)
That is your transfer case ratio

Gotcha thank you

wat3rdog 08-06-2013 09:52 PM

Bacon ratio

HillbillyJeeper 08-06-2013 09:58 PM

This one is simple... Its the ratio of Sahara's that see no dirt.... ever. 272:1. So for every 272 Saharas sold only 1 ever gets wheeled. You have a Sahara Tranny.

WatchThis! 08-06-2013 10:02 PM

I bet it is waaay higher then that, for all Jks

tomthbomb 08-06-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillbillyJeeper (Post 4048242)
This one is simple... Its the ratio of Sahara's that see no dirt.... ever. 272:1. So for every 272 Saharas sold only 1 ever gets wheeled. You have a Sahara Tranny.

Actually it's 2.72:1.

272:1 would be so awesome you could step out of your Jeep while it is moving, fry a pound of bacon and get back in it and it would be about 10 feet from where you got out of it.

How cool would that be? Even at the mall!:punk:

And it's a Sahara transfer case btw.:whistling:

jmb6420 08-06-2013 10:15 PM

:confused: Fry the bacon and not eat it???? :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 4048309)
Actually it's 2.72:1.

272:1 would be so awesome you could step out of your Jeep while it is moving, fry a pound of bacon and get back in it and it would be about 10 feet from where you got out of it.

How cool would that be? Even at the mall!:punk:

And it's a Sahara transfer case btw.:whistling:

bcsnave 08-06-2013 10:15 PM

Sahara driver

Aww shucks man...why ya'll hating on the Sahara drivers....

it ain't like we was sayin' all them thar mud running, rock climbin', hill driving redneck Rubicon/Sport drivers ain't got a lick of sense to um.

Heck ....they take them thar $40,000 plus rigs and go and beat um up....and then put some more of thar' paycheck into them thar rigs.

They must be some purdy smart investment fellars ..them guy's must be...theys must be rich.

Sure don't thinks I gots me that thar kinda' money. Shucks ...I just boughts me one of um cuz I kinda likes to not get stuck in 18 inches of snow...and I kinda like to run around nekkid wit out my top off.

NOW ya'll making me feel like I ani't welcome round here....:popcorn:l

P.S. I sure do like BACON

Metonymy 08-06-2013 10:20 PM

Rubicons aren't an investment. They're fun!

pepatrick 08-06-2013 10:21 PM

Sounds like Sahara envy.

tomthbomb 08-06-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Aww shucks man...why ya'll hating on the Sahara drivers...
Not me, I have two Saharas. Love them both.

tomthbomb 08-06-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

:confused: Fry the bacon and not eat it???? :banghead:
What, and get bacon grease on my leather interior?

bcsnave 08-06-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metonymy (Post 4048353)
Rubicons aren't an investment. They're fun!

Aww man ya'll must have mis understood me...I wasn't sayin' that a Rubicon /Sport was an investment.....(please re-read so that you have a full understanding of the true intent of these comments...I digress)

I was just sayin'them thar fellers must be like some really smart investmet like banker fellers ...they shor must be....cuz they shar gots more money than me to be able to just go head and beat up thar rig likes they do...me I's jus a poor ol working feller that needs to take care of mine....

I's still loves me some popcorn and BACON:dance:

tomthbomb 08-06-2013 10:50 PM

[QUOTE][Aww man ya'll must have mis understood me...I wasn't sayin' that a Rubicon /Sport was an investment..../QUOTE]

Believe me brother, NO vehicle discussed on this forum is an investment.

Now, if you talk about your vehicle on the 1963 Corvette coupe forum, then you are talking investment.

bcsnave 08-06-2013 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=tomthbomb;4048489]
Quote:

[Aww man ya'll must have mis understood me...I wasn't sayin' that a Rubicon /Sport was an investment..../QUOTE]

Believe me brother, NO vehicle discussed on this forum is an investment.

Now, if you talk about your vehicle on the 1963 Corvette coupe forum, then you are talking investment.

Tommy....Tommy..Tommy

That thar other dude thought we was talking about a rig...I was just make a reference (a.k.a. a jab) ..bouts all them thar fellers that gots so much money that they kin be dumping into them thar wheeling rigs....shoot man...THEM THAR RUBICON/SPORT DRIVERS MUS BE RICH..LIKEs SOME KINDA' WALLSTREET TYPE

I's just a poor ol' lonely Sahara driver kin barley affords to keep my 2013 Sahara runnin' ...shoot I might as well just go home now that ya'll makin me feel not welcome cuz' I's got me a Sahara

:popcorn::popcorn:and more:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:and BACON

wat3rdog 08-06-2013 11:25 PM

Sahara's are just way too posh for me. That's why I climb in a Rubicon. If I'm going to spend my hard earned bacon it had better do what I want and need. Of course of I had know now what I did when I bought her I would have spent my bacon on a sport to build her. I didn't realize how much addictive fun it is to build the ultimate baconator. Boobies look good bouncing in a baconator......mmmmmm.....bacooooooon.

bcsnave 08-06-2013 11:32 PM

I'm tired...gotta go

Hey it's been fun but I need to go and get some sleep. I have an internal audit tomorrow and a bunch of stuff I need to get caught up on.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just get such a kick out of these forums. My wife and I have Harleys and everyone on those forums talk about sportsters like they are not a Harley. Somewhat like Sahara's aren't in the same classification as other jeeps.

When we had our Corvette...the Z06 drivers always said the automatics and non-sport were not real sports cars.

So the long and the short of this is...enjoy what you have. We all like our Wranglers no matter if its an off road rig, daily driver, or a mall crawler (one exception NEVER put 24" rims on it..lol...I saw that one.)

So to all a farewell....and to all a good night.

bcsnave 08-06-2013 11:33 PM

Did you say bacon???

wat3..

did you say BACON???????:dance::dance::dance:

Sucker Punch 08-07-2013 10:01 AM

UMMMM... What is this!

UMMMM... What is this!
http://www.spirithalloween.com/image...eractive.a.jpg

wat3rdog 08-09-2013 08:08 PM

Naughty bacon!

odd42 08-09-2013 08:30 PM

To each his own: I could not afford a rubicon, and dislike the Sahara Jku because the matching fenders and top make it look kinda like an h2. Heck my sport looks too close to an h2.

wat3rdog 08-09-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odd42 (Post 4060227)
To each his own: I could not afford a rubicon, and dislike the Sahara Jku because the matching fenders and top make it look kinda like an h2. Heck my sport looks too close to an h2.

The nice thing about a sport is you have a great base to build from. You can better suit your needs. I was able to shoot a little higher but I love that the jeep is so easy and straight forward to work on. There's a local with a sport with an upgraded front axle, lockers, as so on. A Rubi just means more money up front.
I love lots and lots of Bacon!

2resa 08-09-2013 10:38 PM

So I troll this WF a lot and noticed that bacon (and boobs) come up a lot. If you search bacon, you get 10 PAGES of results. Being that the majority on here are guys, no surprise about boobs but apparently you guys are also obsessed with bacon.

bcsnave 08-09-2013 10:38 PM

I agree..

I totally agree! Everybody has a different reason for getting the Wrangler. Some like only their color....some like their model only....some like 4 doors vs. 2 doors.....what ever the reason....we all like what we have.

Can't we all just get along!:popcorn:

wat3rdog 08-10-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2resa (Post 4060738)
So I troll this WF a lot and noticed that bacon (and boobs) come up a lot. If you search bacon, you get 10 PAGES of results. Being that the majority on here are guys, no surprise about boobs but apparently you guys are also obsessed with bacon.

I also love thighs!

theKrow 08-10-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odd42 (Post 4060227)

wouldn't it be the other way around considering the h2's came on the market many years after the sahara model?

wat3rdog 08-10-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theKrow (Post 4062496)

wouldn't it be the other way around considering the h2's came on the market many years after the sahara model?

Except everyone who doesn't follow jeeps and hummers think its the jku that looks like an h2 or h3.

wat3rdog 08-10-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theKrow (Post 4062496)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer_H3
Looks like the H3 has 2 years on the jku 4 door. So the hummer 4 door wins the long body issue of who came first. It's still not a humvee.