Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Rausch Creek March 27th-29th (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/rausch-creek-march-27th-29th-26106.html)

jgano23 01-31-2009 05:24 PM

Rausch Creek March 27th-29th

So far about 7 Jeeps are going with us. Anyone else interested? It's cheap/legal fun.

GrnTJ 01-31-2009 06:43 PM

I wish I could commit but I already have a lot of trips Im supposed to go on this year. If I have the time/money to make it here I will deff. show up. Ive wanted to go to RC for a long time now.

jgano23 01-31-2009 06:52 PM

cool. i'm just throwin' it out there for anyone that might be interested. i don't need any kind of commitment or anything. just if someone is interested they can ask me questions about the details. There are about 7 jeeps thus far that say they are going. 5 of them are definite yes's. as the date gets closer any you decide you want to go just pm me for details or questions.

GrnTJ 01-31-2009 09:11 PM

Well, first question, what kinda traisl are you guys gonna run? And how is everyone else basically set up? Locked, 33's, 35's, winches? Just wanna get an idea of the kinda stuff we would be getting into.

ccain 02-01-2009 12:56 AM

hey gano! We (on the left coast) are having a run that same weekend. It would be cool to call them "sister" runs. I'm gonna get a big ol' sheet of poster board and write a hello to your crew from SoCal, take a pic and post it up in your run thread!!! It would be cool if you did the same!

:punk:

I added our runs to the calendar BTW! :D

And, I stickied this thread too! :punk:

07JeepXK 02-01-2009 09:13 AM

There are a few XK owners from the Commander forums going to Rausch Creek the same weekend. Maybe we can all meet up and ride a few trails together!

jgano23 02-01-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK (Post 317291)
There are a few XK owners from the Commander forums going to Rausch Creek the same weekend. Maybe we can all meet up and ride a few trails together!

actually, it is the same trip. adamag25 is my husband. what's up adam? is your brother coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 317187)
hey gano! We (on the left coast) are having a run that same weekend. It would be cool to call them "sister" runs. I'm gonna get a big ol' sheet of poster board and write a hello to your crew from SoCal, take a pic and post it up in your run thread!!! It would be cool if you did the same!

:punk:

I added our runs to the calendar BTW! :D

And, I stickied this thread too! :punk:

NO PROB! Thanks for the sticky, too. HHHMMM... Mid-Atlantic WF Meet & Greet, sounds like a plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrnTJ (Post 317111)
Well, first question, what kinda trails are you guys gonna run? And how is everyone else basically set up? Locked, 33's, 35's, winches? Just wanna get an idea of the kinda stuff we would be getting into.

i'm not sure as of right now. i depends on how many people are going. the last time we went we did the beginner stuff b/c 2 of the guys were newer to off roading. i want to do some higher rated trails b/c i'm not a beginner. I've got a CJ7 w/ a 2" lift, 31's, dana 300, d44 front & rear w/ 4.10's, front locking hubs, rear power-trac locker, full roll cage, relatively fearless driver (not stupid, though. i know my limits).

07JeepXK 02-01-2009 11:48 AM

Haha thats halarious. I didnt realize who you were. Yes my brother will be coming, but this time he might have his drivers license and beable to bring his truck. Its not a jeep but im sure its capable of running all the trails we go on. Its a 2000 Chevy S-10 ZR2 4x4.

jgano23 02-04-2009 11:25 AM

don't worry we'll pull him out.....maybe :D. we are trying to get enough people together so that we can run 2 trails, a beginner trail and a harder trail.

Sb5551 02-04-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrnTJ (Post 317111)
Well, first question, what kinda traisl are you guys gonna run? And how is everyone else basically set up? Locked, 33's, 35's, winches? Just wanna get an idea of the kinda stuff we would be getting into.

I have never been to RC, but I am going. I will be installing a 4 inch lift this weekend, and either 33's or 35's. I have a detroit in the rear, also. I am not sure if ill have the time to be geared properly though. However this is my first "real" time wheeling, so well see. :punk:

GrnTJ 02-04-2009 01:59 PM

Alright that sounds good. I really hope there is enough people to do 2 seperate groups because I will just be finishing up phase one of my build by this trip and Id deff. be going with the harder group the way it sounds. Currently installing ford 9" rear and hp 44 front full widths from 70's f150, detroit lockers, 4.88 gears, disc brakes, 36" tsl's on double beadlocks, hd front diff cover, hi steer, rear pinion guard. Also already running long arms, winch, and some armor.

07JeepXK 02-04-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 318906)
don't worry we'll pull him out.....maybe :D. we are trying to get enough people together so that we can run 2 trails, a beginner trail and a harder trail.

Works for me! I will definately have my 4 inch superlift installed on the Commander prior to the trip.

Sb5551 02-04-2009 08:13 PM

Sweet!! Jgano23... You got it stickied.

07JeepXK 02-05-2009 11:58 AM

When you say harder trails, are you refering to Blue trails?

jgano23 02-05-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sb5551 (Post 319304)
Sweet!! Jgano23... You got it stickied.

ya, you can thank cain for that. he stickied it b/c they are having a "SoCal" ride the same weekend. that was pretty cool of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK (Post 319580)
When you say harder trails, are you referring to Blue trails?

i'm not sure. if we have enough jeeps that want to do a higher rated trail, then we will all decide what trail it will be. there will be a least one group that is doing the beginner green trails. no one is going to be forced to doing a trail that is a higher rating than what they are ready for or want to do. the goal of this "adventure" is fun, plain and simple. if 9 out of 10 jeeps want to do a higher rated trail, then they can. adam and i will take the other guy on the green trail. i don't feel that anyone should be pressure into doing something they are not ready for, or are not comfortable with. seeing as i am the one initiating this trail ride, i feel that it is my responsibility to make sure everyone is taken care of properly and is comfortable with their decisions. talk to some of the guys on the commander forum and see what they think, too.

07JeepXK 02-05-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 319606)
ya, you can thank cain for that. he stickied it b/c they are having a "SoCal" ride the same weekend. that was pretty cool of him.

i'm not sure. if we have enough jeeps that want to do a higher rated trail, then we will all decide what trail it will be. there will be a least one group that is doing the beginner green trails. no one is going to be forced to doing a trail that is a higher rating than what they are ready for or want to do. the goal of this "adventure" is fun, plain and simple. if 9 out of 10 jeeps want to do a higher rated trail, then they can. adam and i will take the other guy on the green trail. i don't feel that anyone should be pressure into doing something they are not ready for, or are not comfortable with. seeing as i am the one initiating this trail ride, i feel that it is my responsibility to make sure everyone is taken care of properly and is comfortable with their decisions. talk to some of the guys on the commander forum and see what they think, too.

Honestly the only individuals on the commander forum that are definitely going so far are your husband and I.

I really dont think that a stock commander can run any trails other then green. With the two inch lift I was rubbing on almost every green trail we ran, however that was prior to the new tires. Since I will have a 4 inch Superlift installed and even larger tires I dont see why I wouldnt be able to run blue trails.

Sb5551 02-05-2009 07:28 PM

I am really not worried about what trails we run. Im sure it will be a fun time regardless. I do have to drive my jeep home after.

Jgano,
I was gonna ask you. Is everyone planning on meeting friday during the day or at night?
Would it be better to take the day off on Friday I guess Im asking?

Jrzymilitia 02-05-2009 07:42 PM

I just gota get my full size spare b4 I go or else I wouldnt be able to go in ; ( I plan on going balls to wall with the new jeep up there since I havent broken her in to much yet lol.:flipoff:

Sb5551 02-05-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrzymilitia (Post 319787)
I just gota get my full size spare b4 I go or else I wouldnt be able to go in ; ( I plan on going balls to wall with the new jeep up there since I havent broken her in to much yet lol.:flipoff:

Crap!! forgot about the full size spare thing. Looks like Im getting 5 new tires and rims.

Jrzymilitia 02-05-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sb5551 (Post 319795)
Crap!! forgot about the full size spare thing. Looks like Im getting 5 new tires and rims.

Yea it kind of stinks butttt if you want some new tires i have some nice new MT's for sale :D just check the for sale section lol

Sb5551 02-05-2009 10:03 PM

Hmm, thinking about it. Theres only four though. Ill pm u after the weekend install.

jgano23 02-06-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sb5551 (Post 319778)
I am really not worried about what trails we run. Im sure it will be a fun time regardless. I do have to drive my jeep home after.

Jgano,
I was gonna ask you. Is everyone planning on meeting friday during the day or at night?
Would it be better to take the day off on Friday I guess Im asking?

We will be meeting in late afternoon/night. we won't actually be wheeling on friday. friday is more of a meet and greet. we'll get the feel for what everyone wants to do for saturday and sunday, this way no wheeling time is wasted.

also a full size spare is required for enterance into the park. last time we went up there we had a guy shred a tire.

feel free to keep the questions coming.

Kennef06 02-06-2009 09:47 PM

I would like to go. I am new to this so I would have to go on the beginner green trails. I don't want to hold anyone back. If there are not other newbies going I could go another time. I will have to double check my work schedule for that weekend but will let you know for sure. I will then likely have additional questions.

jgano23 02-06-2009 09:58 PM

you are more than welcome to come. we've got people of all skill levels, newbs included. we'll help you through the obstacles.

GrnTJ 02-06-2009 09:59 PM

Well I dont have a full size spare and so much $$ is going into these axles and everything else I probably wont have one by then. Kinda sucks cause my tires have a 10 ply side wall and Im pretty sure I wouldnt mess them up. But never say never I suppose. Sounds like a cool trip, Im sure you guys will have fun! Maybe I'll have a spare by the next time around.

jgano23 02-06-2009 10:02 PM

sorry to hear that grntj. hopefully you can stumble across a cheap one. there is still plenty of time though, and it won't be the last time we go up there for a weekend this season.

GrnTJ 02-06-2009 10:14 PM

Yea, Im not sure how cheap Id find a decent 36" tire but I will deff. keep my eyes peeled for one. It might have to be next time though, sadly.

jgano23 02-06-2009 10:19 PM

i'd poke around tire shops. smoetimes they will change a guy's tire and then try to dispose of the old ones. there is a 4x4 shop near my house that sell/gives away old tires. they would rather get rid of them that way than pay some one to take them. you never know you might just get lucky. btw, the tire doesn't have to be pretty, it just needs to be close to the same size for them to "ok" it.

Sb5551 02-07-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 320449)
it just needs to be close to the same size for them to "ok" it.

By close you mean, 31 inch spare for 33"-35" tires right. :rolleyes:

jgano23 02-07-2009 07:45 AM

no. like an inch bigger or smaller.