Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   So Cal Dealer-Preferred (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/so-cal-dealer-preferred-261173.html)

gmf1 08-07-2013 07:59 AM

So Cal Dealer-Preferred

Good Morning.

New to the forum and Jeeps. Plan on purchasing a Rubicon in the near future. Is there a preferred dealer of choice that this forum uses or the support the forum. I will end up having a CDI# for the discount. Is that a hassle for the dealer to order? Don't want to offend anyone, just kind of want to do it right the first time. Hope this makes sense. And the bonus questions can they do after market at the dealer so I take it home done. Thanks in advance. South Bay to Laguna would be nice

RadarRob2012 08-07-2013 09:05 AM

Most dealers are only going to want to do MOPAR aftermarket mods so as not to incur any liability or responsibility when you break stuff. Chrysler won't warranty anything you add that isn't MOPAR. And they won't be responsible to chase down aftermarket companies to cover the warranties supplied by other companies. That's all you. As to placing an order with a control number, that's easy. Any dealer can do it. But only Moss Bros. in the I.E. is offering Free Lifetime Oil Changes. I know, I sell Jeeps there at the Riverside store.

I H8RDS 08-07-2013 09:35 AM

X 2 for Moss and make sure you see Rob if you go! You won't find a better deal. :thumb:

rkwfxd 08-07-2013 09:50 AM

Step 1 - Call Rob, buy your jeep.

Step 2 - Take it to Stan for all your aftermarket needs.

Step 3 - Wheel the crap out of it and enjoy life.

gmf1 08-07-2013 10:06 AM

Thanks Rob, Coming from Palos Verdes to Riverside to get my oil changed would be a new level of lame, even for me. Would have no issue placing the order through you. Only reason for the dealer lift question was just to have it done before I picked it up. Thought the Mopar lift was just a re-badged Teraflex. But if that's the wrong way to go I'm listening. Thanks for taking the time

RadarRob2012 08-07-2013 10:11 AM

I like Rich's idea. Buy from me, go to Stan at JPi for mods, then Wheel the Hell out of it. :)

What kind of mods are you looking to do? And how do you want your Rubi equipped?

gmf1 08-07-2013 10:25 AM

Lifted but freeway drivable..3-3.5. Always wanted a jeep, So Rubicon X. Prob just 33's. Not much more

RadarRob2012 08-07-2013 10:40 AM

If by Rubicon X you mean a 10th Anniversary Edition, you can no longer order one. They were a 2013 model year only. We would have to find one in our dealer network that meets your needs. I still have a few left in stock, but they are becoming harder to find. The 2014 Wranglers are about to arrive any day now.

Just let me know what features and options you want, as well as color, and I'll get to work locating one for you.

gmf1 08-07-2013 11:32 AM

Rob,

Thought the Rubicon X (2014)is right around the corner to order? Coming off lease on current ride Oct1..Then plan to purchase Jeep. A 10A 2013 if I had to would be fine. Sorry for this-but just not the red seats..

RadarRob2012 08-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmf1 (Post 4050335)
Rob,

Thought the Rubicon X (2014)is right around the corner to order? Coming off lease on current ride Oct1..Then plan to purchase Jeep. A 10A 2013 if I had to would be fine. Sorry for this-but just not the red seats..

I am confused by your X reference. There are no special Rubicon builds for 2014. And I have 2014 Rubicons at the train depot awaiting shipment. So whenever you're ready, I am too. And nobody wants the red seats. Lol

rkwfxd 08-07-2013 01:03 PM

I kind of liked the red seats :redface:

I H8RDS 08-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwfxd (Post 4050647)

:rofl: :nonono:

RadarRob2012 08-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwfxd (Post 4050647)

Awesome. Come buy one then Rich. We'll really put that credit card to the test. Lol

ElectricJay 08-07-2013 04:48 PM

I think the OP saw this in the "2014 Wrangler Info" thread

Rubicon X pkg

17-inch aluminum wheels, painted satin black w/ polished faces, red Wrangler logo
BF Goodrich KM 255/75R17 tires
Black fuel filler door
Black leather seating
Dual-intake power dome hood
Front & rear winch-ready steel off-road bumpers w/ removable end caps
Heated front seats
Mopar rock rails
Premium Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Red “Rubicon” hood decals
Red tow hooks
Rubicon X gauge cluster logo
Silver interior accents
Tail lamp guards

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X
Available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Unlimited, the Rubicon X is the most capable
Wrangler in the line-up. Based on the Rubicon model, it is equipped with Wrangler’s part-time fourwheel-
drive system that has electronic-locking front and rear Dana 44 axles that receive power through
a Rock-Trac transfer case with a “4-Low” ratio of 4:1. A 4.10 axle ratio, front and rear, is also standard
as are Tru-Lok locking differentials. With a six-speed manual transmission, the Wrangler Rubicon X has
an impressive crawl ratio of 73.1:1 that makes it a breeze to negotiate any obstacle.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X has many features that make it distinctive, as well as the most off-road
capable Wrangler. BF Goodrich KM 255/75R17 tires are mounted on 17-inch Rubicon aluminum
wheels painted satin black with polished faces and a red Jeep Wrangler “icon” logo on the inside
pocket.
Black front and rear steel off-road bumpers toughen up the exterior, with the front bumper featuring
removable end caps and a winch-capable design. These removable end caps help the Wrangler climb
obstacles without hindrance, and reduce the damage potential to the bumper system. A dual-intake
Power Dome hood helps aid in engine cooling and gives Wrangler a more menacing appearance. Red
tow hooks adorn the front and rear, and Mopar rock rails give added protection from trail damage.
Mopar also supplies the black fuel filler door. A red-silhouette “Rubicon” decal, on both sides of the
hood, adds the finishing exterior touches to distinguish the Wrangler Rubicon X model’s added
capability.
The Wrangler Rubicon X comes standard with a Premium Sunrider soft top and is available with a black
three-piece Freedom hard top or body-color hard top.
The interior has special touches as well. Black leather seats are standard, as are seat heaters for the
front passengers. A unique gauge cluster features Rubicon X exclusive styling and also features a
premium Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with added read-outs such as oil pressure,
transmission and coolant temperatures, digital speed and individual tire pressure. The passenger grab
handle features Quick Silver accents that are also found on the vent rings, steering wheel spokes and
door pulls.
Final design touches include Mopar slush mats and unique axle locker and sway-bar disconnect
switches.

ElectricJay 08-07-2013 04:50 PM

double post

RadarRob2012 08-09-2013 02:41 PM

@ElectricJay, I don't know where you're getting your info, but I'm looking at the official Jeep locator on Dealerconnect, and none of those options are being offered on the 2014 Rubicons at this time. That may change later in the year, but as of now, we are back to the 23R and 24R packages only.

Jk4thedirt 08-09-2013 02:52 PM

You can always go to Redlands Jeep to purchase. The GM is one of us, he goes wheeling every month. The dealership is also lifted 4x4 friendly. They will not void your warranty if you modify your jeep.

RadarRob2012 08-09-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk4thedirt (Post 4059422)
You can always go to Redlands Jeep to purchase. The GM is one of us, he goes wheeling every month. The dealership is also lifted 4x4 friendly. They will not void your warranty if you modify your jeep.

We won't void your warranty either. But no dealer is going to repair or replace aftermarket parts under your warranty. If you break a Terra-Flex control arm, or a Currie tie rod, it's on you. In fact, about the only thing that will create a null and void warranty is an odometer rollback. Forget Redlands, they're not offering Free Lifetime Oil Changes. I am, and only at Moss Bros. And yeah, I WHEEL!!!

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...64F2C63765.jpg

Yep, that's me.

Moabrubi 08-09-2013 07:26 PM

Jeep of Ontario is the best stealership I've dealt with. They have done a ton of warranty work on my rig and have done a fantastic job.

RadarRob2012 08-09-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi (Post 4060217)
Jeep of Ontario is the best stealership I've dealt with. They have done a ton of warranty work on my rig and have done a fantastic job.

That's only because you haven't dealt with me. And why not? We all need to support each other. On and off of the trail. Just saying.

HappyJKU 08-09-2013 10:49 PM

When I wanted to buy my '13, I went to Moss in Riverside 1st. Told them what I was looking for. Didn't have it, said more are coming tomorrow. Came back a coup;e of days later, same Jeeps sitting there. I sat down with someone to look up what I wanted. They said they will bring it here. I wanted soft top only, 6 speed, max tow, and a couple of color choices, etc. The best they could do was say there is one in Arizona, 6 speed, soft top, not your color choices. This was friday. I left. Went to Redlands Sat. morning and they had 3 I could pick from and went home in a JKUR. Soft top, max tow, 6 speed and a color I liked! They were great to deal with.

RadarRob2012 08-09-2013 11:11 PM

I won't say all sales people are above board. Not anywhere. But I guarantee you that I'll do everything I can to get you a great deal on the vehicle of your choice. But don't take my word for it, check the threads I follow, and PM the people I interact with. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable, or straightforward sales guy anywhere. Just saying.

HappyJKU 08-10-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 4061130)
I won't say all sales people are above board. Not anywhere. But I guarantee you that I'll do everything I can to get you a great deal on the vehicle of your choice. But don't take my word for it, check the threads I follow, and PM the people I interact with. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable, or straightforward sales guy anywhere. Just saying.

Wish I would have met you Late June when I bought.

I H8RDS 08-10-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 4059450)
We won't void your warranty either. But no dealer is going to repair or replace aftermarket parts under your warranty. If you break a Terra-Flex control arm, or a Currie tie rod, it's on you. In fact, about the only thing that will create a null and void warranty is an odometer rollback. Forget Redlands, they're not offering Free Lifetime Oil Changes. I am, and only at Moss Bros. And yeah, I WHEEL!!!

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...64F2C63765.jpg

Yep, that's me.

:rofl::punk::punk::punk: You go Robbie!!!:D:punk:

RadarRob2012 08-10-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 4063332)

:rofl::punk::punk::punk: You go Robbie!!!:D:punk:

Thanks Lorie. That's who I am, and what I do. I only sell cars so I can get discounted parts and services. Lol

RKracing 08-11-2013 11:10 AM

Rob in Riverside or is it Corona, is a really cool guy. He was GREAT to deal with. DO NOT BUY from Huntington Beach Jeep. Before we did a deal with Rob we purchased 3 Jeeps in 3 years from Huntington Beach......what jack-off's they turned out to be! They were not there when we needed them the most! Rob is a real follow through guy. I can not say enough about this guy. Your choice but do not make the same mistake that I did. Hopefully you will not need to much support after the sale.....but if you do....Rob is the guy :punk:......No B.S.

goin camping 08-11-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKracing;406575 [B
DO NOT BUY from Huntington Beach Jeep[/B].

^^I second that!^^

Rob, Does your store also handle Dodge/Ram trucks? PM on jeeps coming your way.

Xjman1 08-11-2013 04:17 PM

My Daughter just bought a Durango from Rob yesterday. Let's just say our local dealer went no where near the distance to make the deal happen or we would have saved our 2.5 hour drive. While my daughter was talking to our local dealer I was on the phone with Rob trying to convince her to wait. He gave me a price and honored it the next day.

A visit to Rob is well worth the time, he will take care of you.

Next year I may be in the market for a Ram truck and Rob will be getting another call.

JeepNDirty 08-12-2013 10:34 AM

Rob you should have a 16x20 poster made to show buyers that you not sell the jeep but use it the way it was meant to be used!!

LOL :-) I think it's cool!

gonzo1308 08-14-2013 12:01 AM

I would definitely highly recommend Rob! He helped me out big time! To bad I missed out in the lifetime oil changes! Haha