Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

It Is Official...again

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Mr Mac 
#1 ·
As many here know, my wife was the buyer of our Wrangler and my daily driver was a 2004 F-150 Lariat SC. She has been driving the truck more than anything else because of her back (two compression fractures in two vertebrae) and the smoother ride and seat heater really helps.

Well, a couple of days ago my wife announced that she needed a new broom, er, car for her job as a real estate agent. Neither the Wrangler nor the F-150 fit her needs (some clients are elderly and have a difficult time with the height of the F-150). The Wrangler is two years newer and has a whole lot less miles on her (60k versus 120k) and we just made a significant investment in tires on it.

We sat and weighed all of our options and, in the end, it made more sense to trade the truck in, more's the pity.

Her new car (2013 Fusion Titanium)

Now, with all this, yesterday, as we took possession of her car, she ceremoniously handed me the keys to the Wrangler and told me she was all mine! :punk:

See less See more
#9 ·
This is the Titanium edition with the I4 turbo EcoBoost engine. Plenty of power for a grocery getter!

Here's a couple more shots for ya...

#7 ·
<and the angels sing in chorus> AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother in law gave me hers with 85k on it.
hard top
soft top
took me 3500 bucks to keep it on the road due to negligence
but the best $$$$$ i've ever spent.
if the wife ever threatens to leave me, i'll make sure to sell it to my dad for a buck and buy it back from him when the drama is over ....

#8 ·
I decided to celebrate with a good wash and wax!

#10 ·
GREAT looking car and congrats on the "acquisition"! Quite the grocery getter;I had a Mondeo (which is what that is) living in Dubai, and it was definitely miles apart from the US-only Fords. That's definitely the best looking midsize out there and FINALLY an american company is getting smart on turbo tech again.

I love where FoMoCo is going with the whole line; when the Denali "expires" the next highway-couch will be a lariat/platinum Ford pickup for sure (see the new GM trucks? I just puked a little).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.