Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Wheeling Saturday 8/17 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/wheeling-saturday-8-17-a-262099.html)

suicideking 08-11-2013 11:24 AM

Wheeling Saturday 8/17

Anyone up for some wheeling on 8/17? I need to get out and couldn't go this week.

I'm up for pretty much anything. I've been wanting to do John Bull backwards -- start at the South end. The last half seems like it would be more fun to go up hill instead of down. So maybe a backwards run doing Holcomb West to East and then John Bull. Or could just start at John Bull and do some other stuff after.

I'd also be up for Motino since I've only done that one once.

Let me know what you're interested in doing even if it's not one I mentioned.

:popcorn:

suicideking 08-11-2013 11:56 AM

Another option is starting at 2N17X.

BillG.OTD 08-11-2013 06:55 PM

Hey Rick, I might be down for some Big bear action Sat...I got some wheelin' in on our trip to Tahoe last week, but its never enough. The only time I did JB backwards was the 1st time I ran it....

suicideking 08-11-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4067191)
Hey Rick, I might be down for some Big bear action Sat...I got some wheelin' in on our trip to Tahoe last week, but its never enough. The only time I did JB backwards was the 1st time I ran it....

Right on Bill. Sounds like you're overdue to run it backwards again. I'm curious to hear about your Tahoe trip.

suicideking 08-13-2013 03:37 PM

Bump one time

BillG.OTD 08-13-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4073800)
Bump one time

A small run usually equals a fast run...:)

By the way, I'm open to whatever trail you want but I might only be able to do one depending on time. My nephew is turning 30 and the family is having a party for him!

You mentioned 2n17 and that's fine also, its up to you. If we did that one we could squeeze in Cleggy backwards...

JB backwards is also fine...your call!

turdhurdler 08-13-2013 04:41 PM

I might be down for this. Depends on if my wifes condition then after her surgery.

Jeff

BillG.OTD 08-13-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4074024)
I might be down for this. Depends on if my wifes condition then after her surgery.

Jeff

Sandy's having surgery? Nothing serious I hope...

turdhurdler 08-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4074237)

Sandy's having surgery? Nothing serious I hope...

Not serious. Had surgery last Wednesday on her foot. She may be off her feet for 6 weeks.

Jeff

Dougzin 08-13-2013 07:00 PM

Man I wish I had weekends off :banghead:

suicideking 08-13-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4074010)
A small run usually equals a fast run...:)

By the way, I'm open to whatever trail you want but I might only be able to do one depending on time. My nephew is turning 30 and the family is having a party for him!

You mentioned 2n17 and that's fine also, its up to you. If we did that one we could squeeze in Cleggy backwards...

JB backwards is also fine...your call!

I'm up for anything. I've never done the Arrowhead stuff after 2N17x, but also really want to try JB backwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4074461)
Not serious. Had surgery last Wednesday on her foot. She may be off her feet for 6 weeks.

Jeff

Hope you can make it Jeff! I haven't seen your new and improved rig in action.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4074546)
Man I wish I had weekends off :banghead:

That sucks Doug. :banghead:

DTM 08-14-2013 09:50 AM

Wish I could make it Rick, but my jeep is undergoing major surgery right now. :drool: Iím thinking I will be out for another 4 weeks. When it's done you know I will be planning some runs...:firedevil:

suicideking 08-14-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM (Post 4077266)
Wish I could make it Rick, but my jeep is undergoing major surgery right now. :drool: I’m thinking I will be out for another 4 weeks. When it's done you know I will be planning some runs...:firedevil:

Damn, 4 weeks? Doing a new lift?

DTM 08-14-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4077824)

That's part of it. Trying to fix all the problem my jeep has.

BillG.OTD 08-14-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4077824)

Its gonna be sweet...:thumb: and im going to be jealous...:)

suicideking 08-14-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4077858)

Its gonna be sweet...:thumb: and im going to be jealous...:)

It would have to be sweet to make you jealous! :D

Damn Dan, you're supposed to do major $hit like that in the winter. Sounds like you're like me though: when you have the cash, the parts get ordered.

DTM 08-14-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4078230)

It would have to be sweet to make you jealous! :D

Damn Dan, you're supposed to do major $hit like that in the winter. Sounds like you're like me though: when you have the cash, the parts get ordered.

I know! Last year I was out with the jeep almost every w/e. this year only a few times. The truth is I have been afraid to use my jeep until a few items got fixed.

turdhurdler 08-14-2013 04:34 PM

So are you upgrading the head lights from round to square?

Hahaha.

Jeff

WOKNROX 08-14-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4078585)
So are you upgrading the head lights from round to square?

Hahaha.

Jeff

Be careful Jeff....you know round headlight jeep owners are sensitive about that kind of stuff..:rofl:

But I'm sure Dans gonna have one sweet Azz Lj when it finished !!

turdhurdler 08-14-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 4078603)

Be careful Jeff....you know round headlight jeep owners are sensitive about that kind of stuff..:rofl:

But I'm sure Dans gonna have one sweet Azz Lj when it finished !!

I am sure he will. It is a great rig now. But a little friendly ribbing is always good.

Jeff

BillG.OTD 08-14-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4078611)
I am sure he will. It is a great rig now. But a little friendly ribbing is always good.

Jeff

Its okay, us round head light guys can take it! Besides I have a picture of Jeff PROUDLY standing in front of his Jeep after we installed his round light conversion kit....:whistling:

I have to break it out once in awhile to keep him quite....

DTM 08-14-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 4078611)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, but it had it's problems.:whistling: I was thinking about putting on square light, but then my jeep would not look like Bill's. I mean, Bill's jeep would not look like mine:D

DjA 08-14-2013 05:08 PM

Tempted - I haven't been out wheeling in what feels like forever. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully make it out if you guys go.

DTM 08-14-2013 05:08 PM

Hey Steve, when it's done, we need to tackle some of that Stoddard Wells you have been talking about:pop: I've heard you are now rolling with an auto. Nice! :thumb:

BillG.OTD 08-14-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjA (Post 4078693)
Tempted - I haven't been out wheeling in what feels like forever. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully make it out if you guys go.

Come on out Dave, it looks like its going to be a small group....I'm not sure if this compares to that Alaskan wheelin you were doing...

DTM 08-14-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4078707)
Come on out Dave, it looks like its going to be a small group....I'm not sure if this compares to that Alaskan wheelin you were doing...

I know Bill! Did you see the pics Dave posted showing the amount of flex those Alaskan jeeps get:eek:

Those were the best Dave:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WOKNROX 08-14-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM (Post 4078695)
Hey Steve, when it's done, we need to tackle some of that Stoddard Wells you have been talking about:pop: I've heard you are now rolling with an auto. Nice! :thumb:

Sounds good we could do an early morning run...
Yes the ol Yj is now a 4 speed automatic... I just walked in the door from work and I'm about to take it on its maiden voyage :thumb:
I've got a sweet twisted rock trail about a 1/4 mile off my property to check it out on...:eek:

BillG.OTD 08-14-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOKNROX (Post 4078811)
Sounds good we could do an early morning run...
Yes the ol Yj is now a 4 speed automatic... I just walked in the door from work and I'm about to take it on its maiden voyage :thumb:
I've got a sweet twisted rock trail about a 1/4 mile off my property to check it out on...:eek:

Be prepared....it will never be the same again and your skill level is about to increase :D

your gonna say WOW :facepalm: why didn't I do this sooner...

BillG.OTD 08-14-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM (Post 4078716)
I know Bill! Did you see the pics Dave posted showing the amount of flex those Alaskan jeeps get:eek:

Those were the best Dave:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw the Jeep...but I must have missed the flex :D

Gunner 08-14-2013 07:28 PM

What time and where are you meeting? If my back is gonna hurt it might as well hurt on a trail in a jeep.