Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   I'm Stuck and i have a jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/im-stuck-and-i-have-a-jeep-26291.html)

Dr.Hardin 02-05-2009 01:55 PM

I'm Stuck and i have a jeep
 
If you had a Stock Blue, 5 speed, 4.0, hardtop, 2001 TJ Wrangler and $800 dollars what would be the first thing to get?:confused:

05GT-O.C.D. 02-05-2009 02:01 PM

Depends on your future plans and end goal. If I had that money, I'd go for a 2" budget lift and larger a/t tires because that's my end goal. Other people plan more serious mods and wouldn't waste their time w/ the 2" lift and 31-32" tires because they plan on doing a 6" lift and 33's, etc.

Dr.Hardin 02-05-2009 02:04 PM

over time i want to get ~6 or 8 in lift in suspesion. I am stuck around weather getting some body armor, rocker knockers i want to deck it out with everythng i possibly can

SurfnSnow 02-05-2009 03:25 PM

It really depends on what you want to do with your rig at the end. $800 could go towards all of the armor below like:
radiator skid
steering skid
gas tank skid (suncoast for $100 but if you're going to bash it on the rocks get something more substantial)
diff covers
Engine skid

Start looking around and try to see other riders in your area (or who do the same type of trails that you are planning to run) and see what they're running because the needs of a rig in Florida for example are different than a rig in Moab.

Jeep_Geek 02-05-2009 03:36 PM

get a locker!!
will take you further on the trail than a lift in my opinion

Dr.Hardin 02-06-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfnSnow (Post 319628)
It really depends on what you want to do with your rig at the end. $800 could go towards all of the armor below like:
radiator skid
steering skid
gas tank skid (suncoast for $100 but if you're going to bash it on the rocks get something more substantial)
diff covers
Engine skid

Start looking around and try to see other riders in your area (or who do the same type of trails that you are planning to run) and see what they're running because the needs of a rig in Florida for example are different than a rig in Moab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_Geek (Post 319637)
get a locker!!
will take you further on the trail than a lift in my opinion



Appreciate the opinions guys I am thinking of going the gen-right full side armor, or is there a better company out there?

upinar 02-06-2009 12:14 PM

get a basic 4' lift

ygohome 02-06-2009 12:33 PM

coil spacers, body lift, motor mount lift and some armor for the front diff cover... if enough is left over get beefed up steering... tie rod/drag link. all that might be stretching the $800 budget but is possible.

ygohome 02-06-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Hardin (Post 320027)
Appreciate the opinions guys I am thinking of going the gen-right full side armor, or is there a better company out there?

genright is excellent choice! I've got their rocker guards

Dr.Hardin 02-06-2009 02:05 PM

I first fell in love with overkill engineering's full tub panel including the rocker knockers but i emailed them a bunch of questions and i still havent heard back been like 2 weeks.......

Also if I say go with a 4 in lift and no body lift can you add more to it suspension wise or if i later want to get a 6-8 in lift i basically trash/sell the 4 in lift.???

bpowa 02-06-2009 02:51 PM

PICS would be nice.. but with 800 bucks id get a 2.5 bb. spring lift.. and save for some tires.. I was very happy with my 2'' spacer lift.. I now have a 3.5 re.. with sye and shaft and still have vibes..

I would imagine a real 2.5 spring lift would ride very nice.. and you can always get a 1'' BL if you want to fit larger tires..

I had 32'' bfg mud and they fit fine for 2'' spacer lift..

BTW I got my lift used for 400 bucks thats why I have it.. if not I would go the route I suggested above. Unless you are a hard core wheeler and want to go with a 6'' lift.

4Jeepn 02-06-2009 03:02 PM

I would go to ebay. Find some cheap lift 3" springs install them. Get a front Adj Trac-bar. t-case lowering kit , oil pan skid and rocker protection, tow hooks. Join a 4x4 club, Then go have some fun.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.