Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Big Bear Sunday and Monday 9/1-9/2 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/big-bear-sunday-and-monday-9-1-9-2-a-262950.html)

Dougzin 08-15-2013 12:49 AM

Big Bear Sunday and Monday 9/1-9/2

My Family and I will be camping at Hanna flats these days and will be doing some trails. Would love to get a group together either Sunday or Monday. Will be hitting John Bull,Gold Mountain,Holcomb, and maybe some others over the weekend. Up for any suggestions also. Will update the first post! :punk:

BillG.OTD 08-16-2013 12:14 PM

Hey Doug, Not sure yet on our plans for the holiday weekend. Might be able to get up there on Sunday for a day run, I will keep you posted.

Dougzin 08-16-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4085818)
Hey Doug, Not sure yet on our plans for the holiday weekend. Might be able to get up there on Sunday for a day run, I will keep you posted.

Sounds good Bill! We will be trailing both days so whichever works.

FernDawg 08-19-2013 05:05 PM

Are you trying to get those Badge of Honor Badges? :popcorn:

Dougzin 08-19-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernDawg (Post 4097349)
Are you trying to get those Badge of Honor Badges? :popcorn:

I've never messed with them. Looked like too much work. :P

FernDawg 08-19-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4097526)
I've never messed with them. Looked like too much work. :P

I thought so too, but then one day at work I got a little bored and decided to check it out.:popcorn: I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so it took me like 5 minutes to figure it out, but I think all you do is register your vin# with an email or social networking site and start checking into trails. :punk: It sounds easy enough, that's why I was seeing if that's what you're doing, because I was thinking of doing the three big bear trails on the Badge of honor thing,

1-Gold Mountain,
2-Holcomb Creek
3-Jonh Bull

I Dont think I'm ready for John Bull as My 13JKURubi is stock, but I will be getting a lift within the next couple months and bigger tires (33'-35') so I can hit John Bull and eventually the Rubicon.

Dougzin 08-19-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernDawg (Post 4097658)

I thought so too, but then one day at work I got a little bored and decided to check it out.:popcorn: I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so it took me like 5 minutes to figure it out, but I think all you do is register your vin# with an email or social networking site and start checking into trails. :punk: It sounds easy enough, that's why I was seeing if that's what you're doing, because I was thinking of doing the three big bear trails on the Badge of honor thing,

1-Gold Mountain,
2-Holcomb Creek
3-Jonh Bull

I Dont think I'm ready for John Bull as My 13JKURubi is stock, but I will be getting a lift within the next couple months and bigger tires (33'-35') so I can hit John Bull and eventually the Rubicon.

Ive heard of people doing JB with a stock Rubi but I don't know if I personally would do it. Lol

FernDawg 08-19-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4097685)
Ive heard of people doing JB with a stock Rubi but I don't know if I personally would do it. Lol

What about Gold Mountain and Holcomb? I wouldn't mind heading to big bear for those two if I can do them. :dance:

Dougzin 08-19-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernDawg (Post 4097797)

What about Gold Mountain and Holcomb? I wouldn't mind heading to big bear for those two if I can do them. :dance:

Gold Mountain you would have no issues at all. You could do Holcomb but you would want full skids.

FernDawg 08-19-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4097806)
Gold Mountain you would have no issues at all. You could do Holcomb but you would want full skids.

Hmmmmm The Rubi comes with a couple of skid plates, but not full. What day are you planning on running Gold Mountain? If you don't mind, and schedule permitting, I would love to join you. :wavey:

Dougzin 08-19-2013 07:27 PM

I will let it get a little closer and see if there's anyone else wanting to do anything and then make a schedule. :punk:

FernDawg 08-19-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4097861)
I will let it get a little closer and see if there's anyone else wanting to do anything and then make a schedule. :punk:

:doh: I forgot that was Labor Day Weekend, lol I gotta see what I'm doing too.

Coastie1 08-19-2013 10:34 PM

Are any of these trails doable stock?

Dougzin 08-19-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastie1 (Post 4098711)
Are any of these trails doable stock?

Gold Mountain you could get by with maybe a tug or two.

Dougzin 08-22-2013 11:10 PM

Looks like we will be doing gold Mountain on Sunday. Will meet at the trail head around 1pm. (Give us time to set up camp). And Monday we will be doing John Bull and who knows what else. up to suggestions though. :thumb:

SkylarM 08-23-2013 03:37 PM

I may be camping at another campground in the area Saturday/Sunday. What CB channel will you guys be on? Open to another rig tagging along Sunday? Regarding trail difficulty, as long as you don't mind dragging in a few spots, you should be fine in a Rubi... I'm open diffs and have done Jonh Bull both directions.

Dougzin 08-23-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkylarM (Post 4112813)
I may be camping at another campground in the area Saturday/Sunday. What CB channel will you guys be on? Open to another rig tagging along Sunday? Regarding trail difficulty, as long as you don't mind dragging in a few spots, you should be fine in a Rubi... I'm open diffs and have done Jonh Bull both directions.

:thumb: No problem! that's why i posted, figured there would be some people out chilling that would want to do a run. We will be on Channel 4, and you can just tag along, depending on how long it takes us to finish GM, we may look for something else to do also. JB is right there, and I'm itching to get some bull in me again. We shall see though.

:Edit: If you want you can just meet us at the trailhead :punk:

SkylarM 08-23-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4113248)
:thumb: No problem! that's why i posted, figured there would be some people out chilling that would want to do a run. We will be on Channel 4, and you can just tag along, depending on how long it takes us to finish GM, we may look for something else to do also. JB is right there, and I'm itching to get some bull in me again. We shall see though.

:Edit: If you want you can just meet us at the trailhead :punk:

Awesome! If I end up heading up there, I'll post up here beforehand, I'm still trying to figure out plans, but with a 3 day weekend, I have to do something! If I'm not there at 1pm, don't wait around for me though! :thumb:

Dougzin 08-23-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkylarM (Post 4113308)
Awesome! If I end up heading up there, I'll post up here beforehand, I'm still trying to figure out plans, but with a 3 day weekend, I have to do something! If I'm not there at 1pm, don't wait around for me though! :thumb:

Sounds good! :thumb:

suicideking 08-27-2013 09:58 PM

I'll be a maybe for Sunday or Monday Doug. :thumb:

Sunday would be better for me, but not sure I want to drive up for Gold Mtn. So might do Sunday, but also just did JB two weeks ago.

Dougzin 08-27-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4128423)
I'll be a maybe for Sunday or Monday Doug. :thumb:

Sunday would be better for me, but not sure I want to drive up for Gold Mtn. So might do Sunday, but also just did JB two weeks ago.

Let me know :thumb: once I leave Sunday I won't have cell service.

suicideking 08-28-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4128528)
Let me know :thumb: once I leave Sunday I won't have cell service.

Will do. Where are you guys staying?

Dougzin 08-28-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4128807)

Will do. Where are you guys staying?

Hanna Flats again.

BillG.OTD 08-28-2013 01:04 AM

Hey Doug, I was hoping to make it up the mountain for a day to do some wheelin with you but it doesn't look like I will make it. I have the Jeep tore down fir some maintenance and I don't think I will be back together in time. Have a good weekend! Weather should be great!

Dougzin 08-28-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 4128847)
Hey Doug, I was hoping to make it up the mountain for a day to do some wheelin with you but it doesn't look like I will make it. I have the Jeep tore down fir some maintenance and I don't think I will be back together in time. Have a good weekend! Weather should be great!

Thanks Bill. Catch ya on the next run!

suicideking 08-28-2013 01:11 PM

Hey Doug, I'm hooking up with SkylarM's group, so probably see you at 1:00 PM at Gold Mtn.

Dougzin 08-28-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 4130580)
Hey Doug, I'm hooking up with SkylarM's group, so probably see you at 1:00 PM at Gold Mtn.

I didn't see their thread. :banghead: sounds good though. :thumb:

suicideking 08-28-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzin (Post 4130810)

I didn't see their thread. :banghead: sounds good though. :thumb:

It's on jeep forum as a threadjack.

SkylarM 08-28-2013 08:09 PM

Doug, Looks like there'll be 4 rigs in our group, possibly 3 depending on one guy's work schedule. Just want to make sure it's still cool that we jump on with you at 1300? I know sometimes when the train gets too long it gets too slow. If it's an issue let me know and we'll hit a different trail at that time, there's ton's of mountain to be had! Otherwise, we'll see you Sunday! :D

Dougzin 08-28-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkylarM (Post 4131852)
Doug, Looks like there'll be 4 rigs in our group, possibly 3 depending on one guy's work schedule. Just want to make sure it's still cool that we jump on with you at 1300? I know sometimes when the train gets too long it gets too slow. If it's an issue let me know and we'll hit a different trail at that time, there's ton's of mountain to be had! Otherwise, we'll see you Sunday! :D

See ya Sunday. :thumb: