Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Mopar TPS (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/mopar-tps-263015.html)

jbl99 08-15-2013 01:28 PM

Mopar TPS
 
Where can I get a Mopar throttle positioning sensor for a 2001 TJ 4.0? Does anyone know the part #? Thanks.

Mr Mac 08-15-2013 01:43 PM

The MOPAR part number is Part # 04874371AC and will set you back over $100! Go to Advance Auto or Auto Zone and grab one for around $30-40!

03 sahara jeeper 08-15-2013 01:49 PM

I put an auto zone in mine and it didn't work for some reason. Put an OEM one in and it worked great. I just didn't feel like putting on a bunch more to see they didn't work either. Just my 2 cents.

Robertsk1 08-15-2013 02:12 PM

Why exactly do you need one? 90% of TPS issues can be solved with a quick once over and some throttle body or carb cleaner and a toothbrush. Just take yours out and clean it real well. I'm assuming you have one that is not functioning and you're not rebuilding a throttle body.

Neil F. 08-15-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertsk1 (Post 4081842)
Why exactly do you need one? 90% of TPS issues can be solved with a quick once over and some throttle body or carb cleaner and a toothbrush. Just take yours out and clean it real well. I'm assuming you have one that is not functioning and you're not rebuilding a throttle body.

That are you cleaning? The electrical contact portion is sealed

03 sahara jeeper 08-15-2013 03:31 PM

Just my experience.

Wesboy 08-15-2013 07:33 PM

I've been through a few TPS recently - my 97 didn't like any of the aftermarket TPS. They worked initially but needed to be replaced again soon after. I tried 'Crown' and another make.
Ended up replacing with a genuine Mopar TPS and solved all my problems. Also, had to reset the computer after installing.

Atthehop 08-15-2013 10:05 PM

Most aftermarket electrical parts are cheap and from China. I will only use OEM electrical parts. Most dealers will work with you on price if you become a regular customer.

Jerry Bransford 08-15-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mac (Post 4081750)
The MOPAR part number is Part # 04874371AC and will set you back over $100! Go to Advance Auto or Auto Zone and grab one for around $30-40!

$74 for the OE Mopar TPS from
Mopar parts | Dodge parts | Chryler parts | Jeep parts | WeRMopar.com. For sensors & other critical parts, I'll only go with first quality Mopar parts.

I wouldn't touch one of those cheap sensors sold by stores like Autozone or Advance Auto. I'd buy something like floormats or Valvoline motor oil from Autozone but nothing critical like a sensor, water pump, alternator, starter, etc.

Robertsk1 08-16-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil F. (Post 4082087)
That are you cleaning? The electrical contact portion is sealed

Wait. Got the TPS mixed up with the IAC... :doh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.