||08-15-2013 10:38 PM
TJ Soft Top with Factory Frame
I am selling my Smittybilt TJ Soft top purchased in April of this year, as well as the factory frame. Top is in great shape, with a couple of exceptions (nothing major at all). All zippers and plastics still in great shape. Frame functioned adequately, I'm not sure you can say much more about it than 'It just worked'. I'll give orderly lists of what is included, not included and those exceptions I mentioned... right now!
I think I have photos of it somewhere, I know I have some of it new, from just a couple of months ago. It is still in very good condition. Will post up pics on request, but they won't be pics of it on the vehicle.
What IS included:
- Smittybilt Top. Black diamond.
- Smittybilt left, right and rear window panels. Tinted
- Factory Frame Bars
- Bolts and screws for Factory Frame Bars
What is NOT included:
- Tailgate bar
- Tailgate bar clasps (the ones that mount to the body)
- Door surrounds
- Soft upper door skins (Sold those a month or so ago...)
Top condition exceptions:
- Windows have a couple of 'lines' in them from one single trail ride a week or two after installation. These could probably be masked with maguiars(sp?) plastic polish stuff (the stuff for headlight plastic). They are not bad, nor frequent - yet present so I must list them.
- On the upper portion of the back of the top, above the rear window, are two elastic straps. I assume these are to hold up the rear window should you need to get it out of the way, but don't want to take it off. The drivers side metal clasp for that, got crushed in between the tailgate and the tailgate latch bar, making it effectively useless. It does not affect the performance of the top, merely limits the utilization of those two straps to hold the window out of the way. IMO, they didn't do a good job of that anyway.
The reason that I am selling this top, is that I decided I really liked the look of the Rampage Frameless top. I purchased it and have had it on for a while and absolutely love it, and will not go back to the framed top.
I would be willing to separate the top and frame, I would be willing to ship the top. I'm afraid the frame is unshippable, it's just large and oddly shaped. Shipping on it would be ridiculous.
All of that being said, I'm starting the top at $220, will negotiate shipping costs.
The frame I will sell for $70 local pickup only.
By the by, local is Western Kentucky, I'm about 1.5 hours away from Nashville TN. About the same away from Evansville IN. Would be willing to drive a short distance to meet, assuming not too much haggling :whistling:
Alright, that's what I've got. Thanks for the read! :thumb: