Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Teraflex leveling kit success stories (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/teraflex-leveling-kit-success-stories-263182.html)

Billy Baldone 08-16-2013 08:37 AM

Teraflex leveling kit success stories

Every search I gets the leveling kit, shows lots of problems. How many people have had zero issues with this kit? Mine will be here tomorrow, and will be installed next Friday by my mechanic.

cc4005 08-16-2013 08:44 AM

I had zero issues wiith the product and installation. And my '13 JKUR was dead level afterwards. :thumb:

But then I added LOD bumpers front/rear (still pretty level) and then a winch up front...now I've got some of the rake back, about 1/2", maybe 3/4". Problem of my own doing, not the leveling kit's fault. Two more 1/2" spacers on order.

Billy Baldone 08-16-2013 08:56 AM

Ok, there's 1

big_slacker 08-16-2013 09:07 AM

There are a ton of people happy with their kits. And remember there are 2 kits, with springs (performance leveling) and without.

Check this thread:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/pic...3s-190879.html

jeepingchester 08-16-2013 09:09 AM

No issues here, my jeep drives great with it. But I am going to take it out and replace with a RE 2.5 lift just to get a little more lift, not that I need it, just want it.

BonesBrigade 08-16-2013 09:12 AM

Don't know about Teraflex, but I used Readylift and have had zero problems. In fact, it improved the stock ride.

Knuckles65 08-16-2013 09:13 AM

No issues with mine either (2.5 SPRING kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks). Improved ride over stock also.

I haven't see many that have a legitimate gripe with the TF kit if properly installed. Wonder where you're seeing so many problems with this kit.

Knuckles65 08-16-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonesBrigade (Post 4085177)
Don't know about Teraflex, but I used Readylift and have had zero problems. In fact, it improved the stock ride.

Glad you're happy with your lift, but the OP is specifically asking about a TF lift. :thumb:

Loudness 08-16-2013 09:14 AM

My JKUR (first one) is sitting at the dealer waiting on the Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit. I'm going with 33's and I keep going back and forth on whether or not i'm making the right choice... I can still change to a Pro-Comp 2.5" lift with 35's...

This thread will probably only increase my indecision! :nonono:

JK LOL 08-16-2013 09:36 AM

You are speaking of the TF Leveling Kit, and not lift. I did mine last weekend myself and it wasn't hard at all, but I took my time, refered to the instructions, and watched a couple of vids on YouTube. Remember, what you find online is more people looking for help with issues... people who don't have trouble rarely have a reason to post anything. I like the results. Of course, now I want to go a bit taller, but this will get me by until I can afford to do it right, with new springs, shocks, wheels and tires. Don't worry about it!

goonsquad 08-16-2013 09:57 AM

I have had mine of for a month now, 2012 JK. No problems or issues at all. Really happy with it. Love the look and made plenty of room for the 33's.

Utm18 08-16-2013 10:08 AM

Installed mine 3 months ago,no issuses but ready for a 2.5" lift

Phierce 08-16-2013 10:12 AM

I should get my Performance kit Monday. Looks like the install will be a piece of cake although I have done spring swaps before.
From what I read it's my best option for what i want to do and still keep it in the garage.
Or just get a bigger garage! :D

Big Fran 08-16-2013 10:14 AM

I was very happy with my TeraFlex leveling boost kit (pucks). After adding bumpers, rock sliders and a winch it drooped a bit so I took it off and went with their 2.5" spring lift.

keycat02 08-16-2013 10:20 AM

I have the performance leveling kit (springs) with stock-size tires and really like it. I did find that the sway bar links provided were too long, by about an inch, to have a level swaybar. I already had some jks quick disconnects and didn't bother with the teraflex ones.

Silverton34 08-16-2013 10:21 AM

What is there to go wrong with the TF kit? It's simple and lifts the exact height of the spacers, imagine that! I used the TF kit with shock extensions on my '12 JKUR and it worked perfectly. The ride was the same as stock, imagine that. I wheeled it in Colorado and Moab and it seemed like a stock JKUR with an increase in height and 35s!

Greg_2012_JKU 08-16-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverton34 (Post 4085455)
What is there to go wrong with the TF kit? It's simple and lifts the exact height of the spacers, imagine that! I used the TF kit with shock extensions on my '12 JKUR and it worked perfectly. The ride was the same as stock, imagine that. I wheeled it in Colorado and Moab and it seemed like a stock JKUR with an increase in height and 35s!

Any pics of your rig with the spacers and 35s?

Dmc1 08-16-2013 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent results when I installed the 1 inch Tera Flex spacers in the front only. Nothing done to the back. No issues at all. Still rides great too!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/lev...it-256024.html

jadmt 08-16-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keycat02 (Post 4085451)
I have the performance leveling kit (springs) with stock-size tires and really like it. I did find that the sway bar links provided were too long, by about an inch, to have a level swaybar. I already had some jks quick disconnects and didn't bother with the teraflex ones.

I have the performance kit ordered. Did you get an honest 1.5" lift? I already have the jks disconnects so I am good that way.

keycat02 08-16-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 4085520)
I have the performance kit ordered. Did you get an honest 1.5" lift? I already have the jks disconnects so I am good that way.

I didn't measure it, but it looks an inch or so higher and sits level. It doesn't seem to have sagged at all in the past year, unlike the stock springs.

aypanthony 08-16-2013 11:42 AM

TF leveling kit here too, no problems

Billy Baldone 08-16-2013 11:42 AM

Very good stuff guys keep them coming with pics too. Thanks again to those who replied

cc4005 08-16-2013 11:44 AM

OP, what are the problems you're concerned about?

Billy Baldone 08-16-2013 11:56 AM

I read about some bent springs, end links on backwards, too high in front... I just don't want to pick it up and it need to be "fixed" again

MYJEEP07 08-16-2013 12:00 PM

No problems at all on a JKU Rubicon. Have had it in for about 4 1/2 years now. Have fun!

SirRyan 08-16-2013 01:06 PM

Glad I saw this. I feel better about my order now. I originally thought I screwed up. I ordered mine on Wednesday...brown Santa dropped it off this A.M. I run the Sales department at a dealership and am gonna have one of my techs in the back hook it up tomorrow. I was worried I made a bad choice, but this inexpensive fix will hold me over until I make my move to 33's, new bumpers...then I will upgrade with the TeraFlex coils and shocks!

Knuckles65 08-16-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Baldone (Post 4085752)
I read about some bent springs, end links on backwards, too high in front... I just don't want to pick it up and it need to be "fixed" again

"Fixed" would indicate something is "broken"...it may need to be "tweaked", based on what you ultimately want out of your rig. :whistling: :D

I read the "bent springs" thread and think we're not getting the entire story on that one. I think the shop has done something or the OP in that thread isn't relaying something properly (sometimes hard to do on the interwebz).

End links on backwards is clearly an installer issue - they put the sway bar end links on backwards.

The "too high up front" is most likely due to not positioning the spring properly when it's replaced. Mine sat about 1/4 inch higher in the front. A week later, after things have settled, it's almost perfectly level. Still slightly higher, but I'd prefer that as once I add the weight of a bumper and winch, it'll probably be perfect. If not, it's nothing that a 1/2" puck on the rear springs won't take care of. :punk:

uhfive 08-16-2013 03:10 PM

EDIT: See Below.

uhfive 08-16-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Baldone (Post 4085752)

I read about the springs being bent and all those issues too before I installed. It made me a little nervous and I almost pulled the trigger on a whole new lift kit instead. My wife decided the budget wasn't quite ready for it, and being as I hardly wheel it right now the full lift didn't make sense.
I took a chance and went with the leveling kit and I am extremely happy. I did the install myself. I checked, then double checked to verify the springs seated correctly before hand tightening, then I lowered and verified again. I tighted everything to specs and verified once more...everything looked great. I have looked everything over a couple times since and still no bending or unseated springs. The leveling kit actually gives you a 1" in the back and then about 1.75" up front to remove the rake. It may be because I also went from the 13/55 to 19/59 springs giving me an extra 1.5", but my steering wheels is ever so slightly off center now (the alignment is perfect, just the steeling wheel is turned). Fixing the steeringwheel is a super easy fix, I just havent had the time.

TeraFlex 08-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhfive (Post 4086387)
I read about the springs being bent and all those issues too before I installed. It made me a little nervous and I almost pulled the trigger on a whole new lift kit instead. My wife decided the budget wasn't quite ready for it, and being as I hardly wheel it right now the full lift didn't make sense.
I took a chance and went with the leveling kit and I am extremely happy. I did the install myself. I checked, then double checked to verify the springs seated correctly before hand tightening, then I lowered and verified again. I tighted everything to specs and verified once more...everything looked great. I have looked everything over a couple times since and still no bending or unseated springs. The leveling kit actually gives you a 1" in the back and then about 1.75" up front to remove the rake. It may be because I also went from the 13/55 to 19/59 springs giving me an extra 1.5", but my steering wheels is ever so slightly off center now (the alignment is perfect, just the steeling wheel is turned). Fixing the steeringwheel is a super easy fix, I just havent had the time.

a simple twist on the drag link adjustment collar will get you straightened up. Just have an assistant sit in the drivers seat to tell ya when it's right.