Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Wrangler Low Beams Suddenly Not Working (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-wrangler-low-beams-suddenly-not-working-263797.html)

movi3king 08-19-2013 03:18 AM

2011 Wrangler Low Beams Suddenly Not Working

Hey guys, my 2011 wrangler low beams suddenly stopped working tonight for no reason. The lights work perfectly fine on high beams. I did check the bulbs and they are fine.

Occasionally when i unlock my car (and the low beams usually go on), or turn the nob as usual one will go on, then none will work then the other etc...

Something is wrong and im not really sure what.

I would like to check the fuse/relay but am unsure of which it is...
If anyone has any other solution to my problem please let me know.

Thanks!:nonono::nonono::nonono::hide::confused:

movi3king 08-19-2013 05:15 PM

Frustration- bump.
...as night fall is upon us once more.

Blastek 08-19-2013 05:37 PM

that's a tough one. you try disconnecting the battery for 20ish minutes? Sounds like a computer issue.

David M 08-19-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movi3king (Post 4095133)
Hey guys, my 2011 wrangler low beams suddenly stopped working tonight for no reason. The lights work perfectly fine on high beams. I did check the bulbs and they are fine.

Occasionally when i unlock my car (and the low beams usually go on), or turn the nob as usual one will go on, then none will work then the other etc...

Something is wrong and im not really sure what.

I would like to check the fuse/relay but am unsure of which it is...
If anyone has any other solution to my problem please let me know.

Thanks!:nonono::nonono::nonono::hide::confused:

We had a similar headlight problem start up out of the blue. Except, our blinkers and wipers went out at the very same time. That lead me to believe that it was a problem with the steering column stalks. Well, I drove it to our dealer the next morning, with no blinkers, and it turned out to be a bad circuit board on the back of the instrument cluster. The dealer had to replace the entire cluster panel, because it's apparently all one working piece. The whole nauseating ordeal took almost two weeks. They said that the panels were on back order, because of the high number of JK circuit board problems. Then the panels have to be individually programed with your current odometer reading. Chrysler must have just one person doing that job.

Luckily the dealer got the dash put back together like it never happened, with zero rattles. I hope that your headlight problem is a much simpler fix, and not like ours was. But if it is, start a case with Jeep immediately after your dealers diagnosis to expedite the process. They should also pay for a rental car, of course. Good luck!

kik 08-19-2013 09:43 PM

Seems like a gremlin. Other than the battery disconnect, you're going to have to take it in. You're probably under the 3/36 so the warranty should take care of it.

movi3king 08-20-2013 01:25 PM

Hey guys, so the battery pull did not help.

I will prob. end up having to take my baby in to the dealer, something i am dreading. Anyone have any idea if there is a fuse or relay i can check prior to the dealership hassle?

Thanks

movi3king 08-26-2013 05:21 PM

So just an update...

Car sat in the damn dealership for 3 days.
What they came up with was that both low beam head lights blew. I questioned how and why they blew at the same time and they had no answers for me. They said there was nothing wrong with the car etc.

All i can say is that the bulbs where fine when i gave in the car so not sure why they say otherwise...

Bottom line they tried to hit me with a $185 bill after making me take and pay for a rental for 3 days etc...

I argued and got my way by having them drop everything all the way to 39.00 for 2 replacement bulbs...