Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   New jeep, wheel spacers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/new-jeep-wheel-spacers-264096.html)

Yelenik 08-20-2013 09:35 AM

New jeep, wheel spacers

Hello,

I'm new to the forum :hide: and couldn't find any info on this. I bought a 1998 TJ about a month back. Ive always wanted a wrangler and since I now have a nice paying job I bought one lol. After a few easy mods (bumper,winch,fender flares, and off road lights) I was thinking about giving it more of a brute look. I was wondering if I put wheel spacers on, if that would make it have more of a bruteish look to it.

Thanks for the help

Robertsk1 08-20-2013 09:43 AM

It'll look cool, but if you ask me, you're simply adding another point on your axles that can fail. I would discourage adding wheel spacers simply for looks.

ob269 08-20-2013 10:26 AM

You could just get a nice set of aftermarket aluminum entered and add a set of nice m/t or a/t..

Yelenik 08-20-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ob269 (Post 4100017)
You could just get a nice set of aftermarket aluminum entered and add a set of nice m/t or a/t..

ya but the spacers are a lot cheaper then doing that lol. This is just a temp thing until I need new tires them i'm getting bigger tires and new rims

Gold Miner 08-20-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertsk1 (Post 4099860)
...you're simply adding another point on your axles that can fail.

how so? :popcorn:

ob269 08-20-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yelenik (Post 4100204)

ya but the spacers are a lot cheaper then doing that lol. This is just a temp thing until I need new tires them i'm getting bigger tires and new rims

Not a bad idea at all.. Just make sure you get hub centric spacers, not lug centric..

Yelenik 08-20-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ob269 (Post 4100901)
Not a bad idea at all.. Just make sure you get hub centric spacers, not lug centric..

your'e talking about when I buy new wheels, not the spacers right? all I know about the spacers is they're differnt lug nut types and I have to get the ones that match

Robertsk1 08-21-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Miner (Post 4100265)
how so? :popcorn:

Well I don't see the necessity.. If it's just for looks, he's lightening up his wallet and adding another part onto the end of the axle that can break. Yes, it is unlikely that such a simple part as a wheel spacer will break but not entirely impossible. But why worry about it just for looks? I'd save my money and use it elsewhere. Just my .02

Yelenik 08-21-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertsk1 (Post 4103625)
Well I don't see the necessity.. If it's just for looks, he's lightening up his wallet and adding another part onto the end of the axle that can break. Yes, it is unlikely that such a simple part as a wheel spacer will break but not entirely impossible. But why worry about it just for looks? I'd save my money and use it elsewhere. Just my .02

thats the thing though, i'm getting four spacers for $40. its not a bad deal, plus im going to need them down the road when I get bigger tires.