Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Why? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/why-264541.html)

Newt1234 08-22-2013 06:46 AM

Why?

5 Attachment(s)
So I live in an apartment on the better side of town where I thought things like this wouldn't happen. I am friendly to my neighbors but not to the point of being friends. I don't see, talk to, or interact with anyone in the complex other than those around me and I don't think they would do this? Still pisses me off to no end...

Attachment 288794

Attachment 288795

Attachment 288796

Attachment 288797

Attachment 288798

I guess it could have been much worse but it was only my jeep. No other cars and the only kids I have seen are no older than 10. Who would do something so stupid?

Remmy18 08-22-2013 06:48 AM

Looks harmless. I'd toilet paper all the cars in the parking lot tonight except your own Jeep. Lol

Dunkin_D 08-22-2013 06:51 AM

Thank god that was the only thing they did. Maybe somebody is jealous of your jeep...who knows.

Do you have security in your complex? Cameras? If so maybe mention something to them so they can look out for futures problems.

flipmeover 08-22-2013 06:54 AM

That would piss me off too. Maybe it was an unknown traffic slight or a mistake in identity. Or you never know, maybe some of those eco-terrorist punks that put the b!tchy bumper stickers on SUVs...

PecosRiver 08-22-2013 06:54 AM

$10 says it was a friend paying you a visit and leaving his calling card.

O_M_Jeep 08-22-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newt1234 (Post 4107320)
Still pisses me off to no end...

If this is what enrages you, then you truly have a wonderful life, perhaps you should lighten up a little and think about how much damage didn't happen to you. If your not in the habit of over reacting like this then who knows why it happened. What a half-assed effort in toilet papering your Jeep anyway.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...nupFrancis.jpg

Barrie 08-22-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 4107355)
If this is what enrages you, then you truly have a wonderful life, perhaps you should lighten up a little and think about how much damage didn't happen to you. If your not in the habit of over reacting like this then who knows why it happened. What a half-assed effort in toilet papering your Jeep anyway.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...nupFrancis.jpg

X2!!!!!! Could have been much,much worse.

Cdwright 08-22-2013 07:07 AM

I thought someone busted a mirror off or something. It will be ok

Strokerswild 08-22-2013 07:09 AM

That's a pretty feeble attempt at TPing a vehicle. :nonono:

A true professional uses at least a 4-roll pack and puts the empty cores on the antenna. :D

bcj366 08-22-2013 07:12 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Wow someone needs to learn to take a joke. At first I thought is was spray paint or something. A little TP won't hurt you :whistling:

Sucker Punch 08-22-2013 07:16 AM

Are you parked in a parking spot or did you make your own spot in front of the fire hydrant??? I would have toilet papered you with the other guy if you are blocking the fire hydrant!

And I would have done a MUCH better job of toilet papering... amateurs!

At least there is no damage to your Jeep. Be thankful it didn't get egged! My truck randomly got egged once and is terrible for the paint.

Tink5775 08-22-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strokerswild (Post 4107384)

A true professional uses at least a 4-roll pack and puts the empty cores on the antenna. :D

And wets it down so it doesn't pull off nicely... :firedevil:

jigaloo 08-22-2013 07:19 AM

I would be annoyed, and probably wonder what's next...
But you also got lucky...my war story :cool:

Back in 2000, I had a brand new GTI. It was no more than 3 months old...parked it outside...the next morning the entire car was keyed. I'm talking about large circles itched on the hood...they were kind enough to continue the key from the hood to the read-end of the car. :eek:

tabber02 08-22-2013 07:22 AM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...tlAp1-j9NDwT2N

bcj366 08-22-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigaloo (Post 4107414)
I would be annoyed, and probably wonder what's next...
But you also got lucky...my war story :cool:

Back in 2000, I had a brand new GTI. It was no more than 3 months old...parked it outside...the next morning the entire car was keyed. I'm talking about large circles itched on the hood...they were kind enough to continue the key from the hood to the read-end of the car. :eek:

Now this would piss me off to no end :nonono:... Sorry for what happened to you bud. I just don't get why the OP is so mad about 4 pieces of TP that came off with no trouble :confused:

tabber02 08-22-2013 07:31 AM

i would bet he's not mad about the 4 pieces of TP, he's mad that someone screwed with his jeep... and concerned that something more significant is going to happen...

that would piss me off... a lot. if it's just a prank, fine... but if it's someone trying to single him out for something... :bottom:

scipio337 08-22-2013 07:31 AM

Turn lemons into lemonade. Hey, free TP!

Newt1234 08-22-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 4107457)
i would bet he's not mad about the 4 pieces of TP, he's mad that someone screwed with his jeep... and concerned that something more significant is going to happen...

that would piss me off... a lot. if it's just a prank, fine... but if it's someone trying to single him out for something... :bottom:

This!

I am very thankful nothing worse happened. I have been parking in this spot for months and no issues because there isn't a lot of parking available.

If you live somewhere where this kind of thing is acceptable and wouldn't piss you off remind me to never move near you.

kjeeper10 08-22-2013 07:51 AM

At least there's no poop on it :eek:
Ok I said it :rofl:

cc4005 08-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 4107346)

x2

4Jeepn 08-22-2013 07:58 AM

does your complex offer garages.. perhaps worth the extra cost if so.

bcj366 08-22-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02 (Post 4107457)

Well said. Sorry OP I wasn't trying to bash you I just saw it as a harmless prank. If this is where it ends I wouldn't dwell on it, however if it goes further give us all a call and we will :bottom:

derfC 08-22-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strokerswild (Post 4107384)

yeah, we used to 'liberate' one of the giant rolls from the local Burger King (owned by a friends' dad) and use it to cover the entire yard of our target, who was always another one of our friends who couldn't make it out that night for whatever reason.

OP, methinks one of your buddies is F-ing with you. I wouldn't worry about it.

HOOCBB 08-22-2013 08:17 AM

I was driving a freshly painted Bronco in college when someone decided to put bologna on the paint, squirt mayo on it including writing "dick" on the hood, and pouring a jar of pickles on the hood.

It was a small campus and EVERYONE knew it was my Bronco. The only thing I could figure "caused" it was a group of pissed off girls that had my ex as their resident assistant and decided I was evil for causing her to be mopey.

Later, one of the girls on her hall went on a trip with me and a large group and realized that I was (am) one of the nicest guys she'd ever met and apologized profusely for the rumors that were circulating campus about me.

Anyway, back on topic...it could have been worse. Be glad it was only TP.

10to10 08-22-2013 09:10 AM

Maybe put up a little sign tonight saying "Thank for the TP but I rather you leave me a box of Shittens to try...they are the new rage ya know"! lol...sorry

https://www.getshittens.com/images/main_product.png
https://www.getshittens.com/

Scargosun 08-22-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sucker Punch (Post 4107403)
Are you parked in a parking spot or did you make your own spot in front of the fire hydrant??? I would have toilet papered you with the other guy if you are blocking the fire hydrant!

And I would have done a MUCH better job of toilet papering... amateurs!

At least there is no damage to your Jeep. Be thankful it didn't get egged! My truck randomly got egged once and is terrible for the paint.

I have to agree with this poster. I would have tp-ed your jeep too if you were illegally parked in front of a fire hydrant.

Kevlars 08-22-2013 09:28 AM

if it happens again then I would be concerned ....I would not make a big deal about it...

K

enjerhoo 08-22-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 4107507)
At least there's no poop on it :eek:
Ok I said it :rofl:

Someone here in Abq dropped a load next to a vehicle at a car dealer this weekend. Worst thing is that they did it on an American flag. Talk about pathetic little jerks. :nonono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scargosun (Post 4107862)
I have to agree with this poster. I would have tp-ed your jeep too if you were illegally parked in front of a fire hydrant.

LOL. I did not notice the hydrant until you mentioned it.

Remember a good TP job also includes a decent amount of water too....not that I ever did that as a kid or anything - & the hydrant's right there. :whistling:

Better than eggs or brake cleaner.

cc4005 08-22-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 4107346)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc4005 (Post 4107510)
x2

I didn't notice at first you might be parked illegally in front of a hydrant. If that's the case, then my guess is someone was giving you a gentle hint to not park there rather than reporting you to get you ticketed and/or towed. Blocking a hydrant could endanger a lot of people and/or property at an apartment building.

But if that's the case a friendly note under the wiper would have been a better approach, IMO.

Rmiller31 08-22-2013 09:46 AM

I wouldn't sweat this - thats nothing lol.

I once had my jeep totally wrapped in tp then wet down in freezing temps. You can imagine how fun that was to get off.