Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Zone 3" Kit ... Some Questions (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/zone-3-kit-some-questions-264832.html)

dnsource 08-23-2013 01:50 PM

Zone 3" Kit ... Some Questions
 
wife got me the 3" zone lift kit for my birthday . I'm going to be taking off the 3" body lift it has on now. I'm sure I need to put something in place when I take it out. I want to say its a body mount. I searched and only found the rubber mounts and no screws. Is there a kit I can purchase?



I got a $400 quote for the install ...Is that about right????

Can anyone recommend an installer in Miami?

OrdieCPO 08-23-2013 01:59 PM

Rubber mounts would be correct, you should be able to find the hardware rather easy. I would try a dealer or any 4wd store. If you have a basic tool kit and some good jacks you can easily install the lift kit in a day. I installed the zone 4.25 combo kit on my TJ in a day with no install expieience.

NJO 08-23-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsource (Post 4112537)
wife got me the 3" zone lift kit for my birthday . I'm going to be taking off the 3" body lift it has on now. I'm sure I need to put something in place when I take it out. I want to say its a body mount. I searched and only found the rubber mounts and no screws. Is there a kit I can purchase?



I got a $400 quote for the install ...Is that about right????

Can anyone recommend an installer in Miami?

A 3" Body lift? LOL! Keep the body lift, but grab a 1" Daystar lift. Gives you completely new poly/rubber bushings and the correct length bolts.

$400 seems a bit high assuming a typical $50 shop rate. Doesn't take 8 hours to install a lift. IMO with the $400 quote you could be the basic tools, a Keg of Sam Adams, the service manual, and still have a hundred or 2 left in your pocket. Even for a novice its no more than an afternoon's labor with you and a friend having a few brews.

dnsource 08-23-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJO (Post 4112603)
A 3" Body lift? LOL! Keep the body lift, but grab a 1" Daystar lift. Gives you completely new poly/rubber bushings and the correct length bolts.

$400 seems a bit high assuming a typical $50 shop rate. Doesn't take 8 hours to install a lift. IMO with the $400 quote you could be the basic tools, a Keg of Sam Adams, the service manual, and still have a hundred or 2 left in your pocket. Even for a novice its no more than an afternoon's labor with you and a friend having a few brews.

I'll get the keg and tools, come on over! :punk:

I just need someone with some type of experience to help.. I dont trust myself

OrdieCPO 08-23-2013 02:47 PM

The zone comes with great instructions and also it gives you a great opportunity to get familiar with your jeep. In case you are out getting it dirty and it breaks you will no how to fix it. I would love to help if I lived close. Trust yourself it is easier than you think brother!

PStov98TJ 08-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrdieCPO (Post 4112665)
The zone comes with great instructions and also it gives you a great opportunity to get familiar with your jeep. In case you are out getting it dirty and it breaks you will no how to fix it. I would love to help if I lived close. Trust yourself it is easier than you think brother!

x2. I installed the DPG Ultimate kit on my TJ a little over a year ago. First major mod I did. Helps to have a friend if for nothing else than someone to chat with while you're turning wrenches. A lift is a pretty easy thing in the big scheme of things.

NJO 08-23-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsource (Post 4112642)
I'll get the keg and tools, come on over! :punk:

I just need someone with some type of experience to help.. I dont trust myself

If you're located near Boston Ma. then PM me. :D

bighamms 08-23-2013 03:18 PM

@dnsource... i also just got this kit. Just arrived on Wednesday and plan to install this weekend...i don't have any previous lift installation experience, but i'm pretty good about taking something off and putting something on in its place.

I'll post a few pics when i'm done

dnsource 08-23-2013 03:25 PM

Can you guys help link me to a Rubber mount kit with hardware?

I found this but not sure if this is what I need. Then I would need to find hardware
1987 1996 Jeep Wrangler YJ Body Mount Bushing KIT RED Polyurethane 22 Piece KIT | eBay

NJO 08-23-2013 04:38 PM

THis is what you want: Daystar KJ04508BK - Daystar 1" Polyurethane Body Mount Lift Kit for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

crunky 08-23-2013 05:08 PM

Like these guys said, pony up and get a 1 or 1.25 inch lift kit to replace the current body lift. It will come with new bolts and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJO (Post 4112738)
If you're located near Boston Ma. then PM me. :D

be careful what you offer, I'm not too dang for from you.
:D

NJO 08-23-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunky (Post 4113138)
Like these guys said, pony up and get a 1 or 1.25 inch lift kit to replace the current body lift. It will come with new bolts and all.

be careful what you offer, I'm not too dang for from you.
:D

If someone wants help and they are in Nh/Ma area i am always up for it.

wranglerbob1 08-23-2013 07:14 PM

Just add 1.25" body lift , sell the trani drop and get 1" MML then you have a ZONE 4.25" combo kit:)

Verf 08-23-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJO (Post 4113217)

If someone wants help and they are in Nh/Ma area i am always up for it.

I'll hold you to that! In fact, if you have the garage, I'll come to you, lol. I'm in the Springfield, MA area. I've got tools, but garage is full of a Corvette, lol. Seriously tho, my jack only goes up to 14"

dnsource 08-23-2013 10:44 PM

I purchased this keep about 3 weeks ago with the 3" BL. I'm completely new to all this lol. I have learned a lot on this forum.... I thought I had suspension lol. Good thing I got a good price on the TJ.

Will I need to modify anything else if I purchase a 1" body lift? Honestly I feel like thats the best way to go because it comes with everything I need to install (first timer). Imagine me getting the stock body mount kit without hardware...prob a week install after i get it all straightened out

dnsource 08-23-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJO (Post 4113217)
If someone wants help and they are in Nh/Ma area i am always up for it.

Anyone in south florida?!?!? :whistling:

PStov98TJ 08-23-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsource (Post 4114227)

Anyone in south florida?!?!? :whistling:

I live in South MS! But currently in Oxford, Ms for school. I'd be happy to help if you wanna wait a few weeks for me to be home for a weekend.

NJO 08-24-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verf (Post 4113845)
I'll hold you to that! In fact, if you have the garage, I'll come to you, lol. I'm in the Springfield, MA area. I've got tools, but garage is full of a Corvette, lol. Seriously tho, my jack only goes up to 14"

Yep, got a garage. Small one, but only occupied by my Harley and hardtop.

dnsource 08-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglerbob1 (Post 4113506)
Just add 1.25" body lift , sell the trani drop and get 1" MML then you have a ZONE 4.25" combo kit:)

I'm going to go with a 1" BL kit to replace my 3"... doesnt the kit come with a MML?

dnsource 08-28-2013 12:11 PM

Do I also need to purchase front and rear adjustable track bars since I will be at a 4" lift?

Jaydawg1967 08-28-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsource (Post 4130428)
Do I also need to purchase front and rear adjustable track bars since I will be at a 4" lift?

No need for track bars I have a 4" zone lift I still have the original ones.

NJO 08-28-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydawg1967 (Post 4131435)

No need for track bars I have a 4" zone lift I still have the original ones.

Well with a 4" lift you should have a tb relocation bracket in the back and a good adjustable one in the front if you want those axles properly centered on the body.

dnsource 08-28-2013 07:05 PM

Also, I 'm going to go with MML or TC drop for now. I wont be doing any off road ridding any time soon. Eventually I will get that work done

What combo if not what kit would you recommend me?


Will I need anything else for the install??

OrdieCPO 08-29-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsource (Post 4131607)
Also, I 'm going to go with MML or TC drop for now. I wont be doing any off road ridding any time soon. Eventually I will get that work done

What combo if not what kit would you recommend me?

Will I need anything else for the install??

zone makes a 4.25 inch combo kit that comes with the MML, 1.25 inch BL and 3 inch suspension. I installed it on my TJ and love it. I got the adjustable arms and the nitro shocks. No complaints a great lift with a great price tag.

dnsource 09-01-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrdieCPO (Post 4136704)
zone makes a 4.25 inch combo kit that comes with the MML, 1.25 inch BL and 3 inch suspension. I installed it on my TJ and love it. I got the adjustable arms and the nitro shocks. No complaints a great lift with a great price tag.

Im guessing my 3" lift comes with the arms but will that work along with a 1" body lift? I also ordered a 1" mml

orange_sport_4.0 09-01-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrdieCPO (Post 4136704)

zone makes a 4.25 inch combo kit that comes with the MML, 1.25 inch BL and 3 inch suspension. I installed it on my TJ and love it. I got the adjustable arms and the nitro shocks. No complaints a great lift with a great price tag.

What adjustable arms are you talking about? I did not see adjustable control arms as an option on their website.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.