Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Classifieds Ad Rant (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/classifieds-ad-rant-266040.html)

vertical horizons 08-28-2013 06:43 PM

Classifieds Ad Rant

When I was looking to purchase a corvette, I noticed that a lot of the classified ads would list the 'vettes as a coupe.

By definition, a coupe is any 2-door car. Therefore, aren't ALL corvettes a coupe.

Which brings me to my point ...

I see that a lot of the ads for TJs say "convertible".
Since ALL TJs can have a hard top, soft top, bikini top, etc., aren't ALL TJs considered a convertible? :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's just the seller trying to list everything possible about his/her vehicle, to better sell it. (If only the seller knew that the Jeep pretty much sells itself.)

harleydragon 08-28-2013 08:20 PM

in corvettes , there were coupes meaning hardtop and convertibles

kjeeper10 08-28-2013 08:21 PM

Tags ?

vertical horizons 08-28-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleydragon (Post 4131657)
in corvettes , there were coupes meaning hardtop and convertibles

Ok, so how about the TJs?
I never saw one that had a roof that couldn't come off.

s14sh3r 08-29-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 4131663)
Tags ?

This. I always felt like they listed convertibles so if someone were looking for one, they might run across the Jeep and think about buying one, even though they weren't thinking of a Jeep when they wanted a convertible.

harleydragon 08-29-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertical horizons (Post 4132028)
Ok, so how about the TJs?
I never saw one that had a roof that couldn't come off.

we know that but maybe someone that knows nothing about jeeps doesn't..when you are trying to sell something you do whatever you think might catch someones attention

vertical horizons 08-29-2013 08:19 AM

That makes sense.
I didn't think about it that way.

O_M_Jeep 08-29-2013 08:31 AM

I'm usually glad to see the particular descriptive style in a vehicle advert, it let's me know how much knowledge the seller has about what they are selling, if they are being pedantic or if they are assuming facts. This will often translate in to a stronger position to negotiate from. Also geography will play a large role in someones description, from saloons to sedans and convertibles to cabriolets, estates and wagons and roadsters to coupes.

Flyfisher76 08-29-2013 08:34 AM

It is also all about the search engine. You search for generic convertible and convertible is in the listing for the jeep it pops up. You don't have it listed as a convertible no view of your listing.

TJZ 08-29-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 4133365)
I'm usually glad to see the particular descriptive style in a vehicle advert, it let's me know how much knowledge the seller has about what they are selling, if they are being pedantic or if they are assuming facts. This will often translate in to a stronger position to negotiate from. Also geography will play a large role in someones description, from saloons to sedans and convertibles to cabriolets, estates and wagons and roadsters to coupes.

Pedantic ! , Nice word
Lol, never thought I'd hear that in here.

odd42 09-01-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 4133365)

Off-topic, but I love seeing ads for drum sets where the person refers to skins instead of heads. It usually means the person knows little about drums (good deal) or they have really old drums in original condition ( good deal.)

Night Marcher 09-01-2013 05:03 PM

Or it's the Dad trying to sell the kit he regretfully bought for his kid.