Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   BedTred? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/bedtred-266238.html)

relyt 08-29-2013 01:32 PM

BedTred?
 
Has anyone bought the BedTred floor liners yet? If so, how do you like them? I'm thinking I might have to get rid of my Quadratec liners and get this set, but I don't really want to be the guinea pig

BedTred Premium Floor Covering Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

Dhinds 08-29-2013 01:58 PM

I had the bedtred liners first and hated them, they're too flimsy and don't stay in place. I just switched to weathertechs and they're perfect

relyt 09-04-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhinds (Post 4134605)
I had the bedtred liners first and hated them, they're too flimsy and don't stay in place. I just switched to weathertechs and they're perfect

Are you sure the bedtred is what you had? It's not been on the market for a whole month yet I don't think. Anybody else with any experience with it?

BB1857 09-04-2013 06:06 AM

Subscribed...hoping to get some real world feedback as well.

KP50 09-04-2013 09:00 AM

I have the bedtred bedliner in my pickup and that stuff is badass. I throw engine blocks, transmissions and all kinds of stiff back there and havent poked a hole in it or ripped it yet. Take it to the 1/4 car wash and blast off the oil/dirt etc. It really reminds me of a spray in liner, except you can remove it.

You can go on bedrug's site and they will send you samples of the material, at least they used to..

George Ross 09-23-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relyt (Post 4134539)
Has anyone bought the BedTred floor liners yet? If so, how do you like them? I'm thinking I might have to get rid of my Quadratec liners and get this set, but I don't really want to be the guinea pig

BedTred Premium Floor Covering Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

I would also be interested if anyone has tried this kit.

jkjeeper06 09-23-2013 09:19 PM

To me, I don't see the benefit in being able to remove it. It seems as tho of dirt and water gets trapped under it, that's a recipe for rust. With a real bedliner, the surface is prepared properly and then the bedliner, which is also a sealer, is sprayed on top. This will prevent any dirt or water getting under the bedliner

And it's only ~$100-$150 for a good DIY bedliner

carlojp 09-24-2013 05:22 AM

I think doing the DIY bedliner and get a Bedtred are a good idea.

George Ross 09-24-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlojp (Post 4813361)
I think doing the DIY bedliner and get a Bedtred are a good idea.

I had thought of this too. The DIY liner would cover any areas the BedTred doesn't and the BedTred would cover any wires.

What I don't know is how well the BedTred fits. I heard that the Mopar kits don't fit well in the back.

army vet 09-24-2013 05:57 PM

Thanks for posting this! I found this site one night while I was searching around the web and thought it was interesting. However I forgot to bookmark it and I couldn't remember the name. Know I have it:bop:

relyt 09-24-2013 06:41 PM

A couple guys on jkowners got this stuff and both sound to be impressed. One got the tred and the other got the rug. I can't remember which, but one said the fit wasn't perfect but thinks it may have been an install problem rather than problem with quality.

taskforce 09-30-2013 12:52 AM

Just ordered the bedtred for my JK. Autoaccessories garage had the best price with 15%off and free shipping. Will post pictures and review when it gets here. Now I just need to figure out how to pull my carpet, which I've heard is not hard.

BB1857 09-30-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskforce (Post 4965825)
Just ordered the bedtred for my JK. Autoaccessories garage had the best price with 15%off and free shipping. Will post pictures and review when it gets here. Now I just need to figure out how to pull my carpet, which I've heard is not hard.

if you dont mind posting your thoughts after you receive and install this it would be great!

BigDeaner 09-30-2013 07:43 AM

I've always liked the bedrug over the tred, but its all personal preference. I'm in the process of bedlining my TJ and putting bedrug over it. Will let you know how it turns out.

2resa 09-30-2013 08:34 AM

I herculined the cargo area and rear seat area (too lazy to take out front seats). I put in the BedRug for everywhere but the cargo area and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't run with doors for 1/2 the year so it really was more of a practical issue.

mgola27 09-30-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjeeper06 (Post 4807849)
To me, I don't see the benefit in being able to remove it. It seems as tho of dirt and water gets trapped under it, that's a recipe for rust. With a real bedliner, the surface is prepared properly and then the bedliner, which is also a sealer, is sprayed on top. This will prevent any dirt or water getting under the bedliner

That's true, buy my interest is not really in its ability to be removed, although that might come in handy for cleaning.

I like it for the (presumed) more-finished look than a roll-on/spray-on bedliner. For a hard core Jeeper, I think it works to have a more utilitarian look, but I like how the BedTred/BedRug covers the wiring harness and other elements more like the stock carpeting.

The stock carpeting is just a pain to clean after the dog has been for a ride.

I might actually put the Rug in the front (more carpet-like) with the Tred (more-durable easier clean-up) in the cargo area.

Just waiting to see how it looks/works before I pull the trigger.

mgola27 09-30-2013 02:37 PM

Here is the first real-world pics I've seen of the BedTred... looks pretty good, I think.

Jeep Wrangler JK 2dr BedRug BedTred

milani 09-30-2013 02:52 PM

If these don't make you run out and buy bedtred, nothing will...

Michigan Jeep Girl Preps her Jeep for Bedtred - YouTube

MJG installs Bedtred - YouTube

JeepHerz 09-30-2013 05:20 PM

Thanks for posting up OP- BedTred has been threatening release for the newer JKs for awhile now. I am personally not crazy about sanding down perfectly good paint (or at least it was until I removed the carpet) to re-paint. And DIY just seems too tedious. Rather spend my time modifying something fun. Quoted $400+ for bedliner install- so $499 isn't that bad.
My only worry with this is if dog hair would stick to it just as badly as carpet? The reason I pulled the carpet to begin with.

Lowerumble 09-30-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milani (Post 4978617)
If these don't make you run out and buy bedtred, nothing will...

Michigan Jeep Girl Preps her Jeep for Bedtred - YouTube

MJG installs Bedtred - YouTube

Yeah, a retitled thread "Tiny, Tatooed Jeep Girl get Bedtreds" would get alot more hits...:happyyes:

milani 09-30-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowerumble (Post 4984969)

Yeah, a retitled thread "Tiny, Tatooed Jeep Girl get Bedtreds" would get alot more hits...:happyyes:

Haha!!! True...

taskforce 10-11-2013 08:46 PM

Finally got a day off to work on the install. I'm not happy with the front fit so far. Removing the carpet was actually surprisingly easy but I spent several hours trying to fit the new Bedtred. I just doesn't look right. I'm going to call the manufacturer tomorrow to make sure I'm not totally retarded.

mgola27 10-11-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskforce (Post 5295993)
Finally got a day off to work on the install. I'm not happy with the front fit so far. Removing the carpet was actually surprisingly easy but I spent several hours trying to fit the new Bedtred. I just doesn't look right. I'm going to call the manufacturer tomorrow to make sure I'm not totally retarded.

Be sure to post pics either way...

taskforce 10-13-2013 10:36 AM

7 Attachment(s)
First of all I would like to say that the material itself looks nice and durable. If the Bedtred was fit and cut exactly like the factory carpet it would be perfect.

That said, I'm not happy with the product. The only thing I can guess is that they shipped the wrong set in the wrong box. Mine is clearly labeled on the box as 2011+ JK 2-dr. I was attempting to put in both the front and back sets in a 2014 2-dr.

The fit was awful and took several hours of fiddling with and fighting the material just to get it in. There are large areas left with exposed floor paint and large creases with bubbles in the material. I got several other guys to assist me and we followed the directions very carefully. We found that some of the diagrams in the manual do not match the dimensions of the pieces or vehicle itself which left us guessing where exactly to put the velcro. I tried calling Friday but just missed business hours. Will try to contact be Bedrug on Monday.

In the end I removed it all. The velcro and bedtred came out easy with no damage to the vehicle. Only 2 days of free time lost to fighting with it.

taskforce 10-13-2013 10:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The rear wheel wells fit the best and still had large creases. The rear floor piece would require some cutting and trimming just get close the gate. Here you can see when the gate is closed it rips up the whole floor. The floor tray also needed to be cut but even after careful trimming I still decided the factory was much better. The worst part fit-wise is the middle section.

mgola27 10-13-2013 12:11 PM

That's too bad. I was really hoping for a factory-like replacement for the carpet...

George Ross 10-13-2013 09:16 PM

I appreciate you sharing the information. Pretty disappointing result. I hope you can return it.

milani 10-13-2013 09:19 PM

So you installed the 11 kit on a 14????

taskforce 10-13-2013 10:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by milani (Post 5342177)
So you installed the 11 kit on a 14????

Well it says the JK kit is 2007-2014. Some components inside the kit were labelled 2011-2014. These are some examples of the conflicting labeling. It seems to me the some components are for the 2007-11 year group and were just made assuming no interior changes to the 2011+ models. I'm wondering if the kit I got would probably fit an older model pre-2011 fine?

mgola27 10-14-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskforce (Post 5344721)
Well it says the JK kit is 2007-2014. Some components inside the kit were labelled 2011-2014. These are some examples of the conflicting labeling. It seems to me the some components are for the 2007-11 year group and were just made assuming no interior changes to the 2011+ models. I'm wondering if the kit I got would probably fit an older model pre-2011 fine?

I'm not surprised by this. I bet the '11+ pieces were for the cargo area, right? The '07-'11 pieces were for the front?

The only interior changes I know of we're on the '11+ and those changes were relegated to the cargo area (at least as far as the BedTred is concerned).

Either way, it sucks that it doesn't fit. :-(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.