Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Squeaky front wheels help! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/squeaky-front-wheels-help-281713.html)

johnny102393 09-08-2013 02:25 AM

Squeaky front wheels help!
 
Hey everyone so i went wheeling in some Az sand/mud and now i have noise coming from my wheels when they spin brakes have no effect only speed changes the frequency, I think my bearings could have got sand in them i lifted each front tire and spun it and it made the squeak noise. Please advise me on what this could be the wheel has no play in it indicating bearings are still good.

johnny102393 09-08-2013 02:14 PM

bump

jeepwayoflife 09-08-2013 03:06 PM

Take tire off and take brake caliper off (2 bolts) then spin the axle. If its still there, its not your brakes. You could have gotten mud into your differential or simply your wheel bearings. Take the fill plug off the front differential. Is the fluid good? No bubbles or milky liquid? Start there and we'll see how it goes.

johnny102393 09-09-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepwayoflife (Post 4397673)
Take tire off and take brake caliper off (2 bolts) then spin the axle. If its still there, its not your brakes. You could have gotten mud into your differential or simply your wheel bearings. Take the fill plug off the front differential. Is the fluid good? No bubbles or milky liquid? Start there and we'll see how it goes.

Hey thanks for the response and i will give it a try and let you know however how do you clean mud out of axle shafts?

jeepwayoflife 09-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny102393 (Post 4411001)

Hey thanks for the response and i will give it a try and let you know however how do you clean mud out of axle shafts?

If it got into your differential you will need to remove the diff cover, remove axle shafts, and clean everything well using spray brake cleaner.

kdilly 09-09-2013 07:18 AM

Could also be a case of the "angry sparrows" in your front Driveshaft.

If it is coming from the DS, you need a centering ball kit and three new u joints.

johnny102393 09-09-2013 05:00 PM

i hope its just the bearings =o

johnny102393 11-26-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdilly (Post 4413769)
Could also be a case of the "angry sparrows" in your front Driveshaft.

If it is coming from the DS, you need a centering ball kit and three new u joints.

'
It was angry sparrows! i did the u joints and serviced the centering ball and no more noise besides the howling noise when its cold out just started another thread for that one!

Mean Daddy 01-09-2014 01:22 PM

Johnny, did you have any issues with getting the bolts out for the front drive shaft? i am having a difficult time getting them out.

johnny102393 02-11-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Daddy (Post 7311297)
Johnny, did you have any issues with getting the bolts out for the front drive shaft? i am having a difficult time getting them out.

no it was Farley easy try soaking them with pb blaster


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.