Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   How many forum members does it take to.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/how-many-forum-members-does-it-take-to-2824.html)

Nick 08-30-2006 11:00 PM

How many forum members does it take to....

....to screw in a light bulb???? - - - A tad off topic but.....

HOW MANY FORUM MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO SCREW IN A LIGHT BULB?????

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Thanks to Lloyd from colorado4x4.org for this

amerijeep 08-30-2006 11:18 PM

This has been discussed time and time again. It's "lightbulb". Next time, look it up.

I just Googled this link in about five seconds.

:)

jeeperman 08-31-2006 07:43 AM

And apparently, now we need an "Electrical" section of the board with a "Light_Bulb" subsection, so we can move this post there...;) :D

khenderson 08-31-2006 12:30 PM

nope. you're wrong! i've been in the industry long enough to know that this obviously belongs in a jokes section. so we'll make one of those so we can move this post there.

sgettin 08-31-2006 02:00 PM

"1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again."

thanks for not forgetting me.

and i'll be back in 6 months.

Odhinn 04-21-2007 10:28 AM

Bump.

Was bored and forum lurking today.:)

rebelBullDawg325 04-21-2007 12:25 PM

i've found its always best to make sure the light switch is turned off before you change the bulb

Riptide63 04-21-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

HOW MANY FORUM MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO SCREW IN A LIGHT BULB?????

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Thanks to Lloyd from colorado4x4.org for this
Quote:

This has been discussed time and time again. It's "lightbulb". Next time, look it up.

I just Googled this link in about five seconds.
Quote:

And apparently, now we need an "Electrical" section of the board with a "Light_Bulb" subsection, so we can move this post there...
Quote:

"1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again."

thanks for not forgetting me.

and i'll be back in 6 months.
Quote:

Bump.

Was bored and forum lurking today.
Quote:

i've found its always best to make sure the light switch is turned off before you change the bulb

Me Too!:D

skeeter 04-21-2007 02:03 PM

I actually like to have the switch on so I know I've got it in the right hole but I live dangerously :D

bmanrkg3 04-21-2007 03:36 PM

actually, i keep the switch on, so that i know if the bulb is bad or not (if i cant hear it).. usually only when im up on a ladder though...

rebelBullDawg325 04-21-2007 05:43 PM

How to Change a Lightbulb | eHow.com

pay attention to step 1

Scout 04-21-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 74133)
How to Change a Lightbulb | eHow.com

pay attention to step 1

Wow! Now I know. Bookmarked! :flipoff:

Scotty355 04-21-2007 08:36 PM

Do not put your fingers in the light socket.

AzTJ 04-21-2007 09:17 PM

now who lets a hot bulb cool down before touching it!? :D

Dare2BSquare 04-21-2007 09:28 PM

Why are you touching it if its hot. That means it was still burning. Didn't need to be replaced. Duh!

amerijeep 04-21-2007 09:39 PM

Good point, dare.

The next question is, "Why am I reading this thread?".

rebelBullDawg325 04-21-2007 10:28 PM

well sometimes the bubl can blow out while its on. therefore, it is still hot. if the bulb needs to be imediately replaced, i've found an oven mit, a glove or a sock works good to keep from burning yourself

jjseel 04-21-2007 10:32 PM

Shouldn't this be in "Off-Topic"?

amy 04-21-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep (Post 74214)
The next question is, "Why am I reading this thread?".

'Cause you can't get enough of us... :D

Dare2BSquare 04-21-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjseel (Post 74226)
Shouldn't this be in "Off-Topic"?

Not if you're changing JEEP light bulbs!!!

rebelBullDawg325 04-21-2007 11:16 PM

i was just thinking that. is this a house light or an automotive light? better yet, does it really matter? bc it's roughly the same method of changing

MouthfulOfGrass 04-23-2007 07:05 PM

Anybody know how to change the left front bulb in my Jeep ? I heard from a buddy's cousin who's a mechanic's brother that my year model is different from any other and requires a special way of doing it.

Said somethin' about the blinker fluid bein' a different viscosity or sumthin' like that...........

Dare2BSquare 04-23-2007 07:27 PM

Only if you haven't changed the fluid over from the winter to the summer formula.

Try standing on your head and doing it backwards.

tiny terror 04-23-2007 07:32 PM

drill holes. lots and lots of holes.

rebelBullDawg325 04-23-2007 07:35 PM

so have we decided that we're talking about an automotive light bubl? or is the question about the jeep light an additional question

Dare2BSquare 04-23-2007 07:39 PM

No, it's still all about twisting the post to make it entertaining.

BrewHaHa 04-23-2007 07:42 PM

LOL, that is some funny stuff.

rebelBullDawg325 04-23-2007 07:43 PM

oh, ok.

hardy1531 04-23-2007 10:38 PM

The light bulb went out because the muffler bearing are worn out. Gotta change them first.

tiny terror 04-23-2007 10:45 PM

I heard that's easily fixed with a zip tie.