Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Ome 4" lift kit (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ome-4-lift-kit-283297.html)

Elconquistador 09-08-2013 10:04 PM

Ome 4" lift kit
 
I'm about to buy the ome 4" lift kit. Anybody use this lift hard? The kit doesn't come with control arms so I was planning on getting some rock krawler upper and lowers eventually. Do I even need to get control arms? I know ome has a great reputation but I'm afraid that this kit isn't very complete.

Allibaster 09-08-2013 10:12 PM

OME is a great lift. 4" is a big lift. I would recommend uppers and lowers for a lift of that size.

Are you planning on running 37s? If you're doing small 35's, maybe like a KM2, I'd consider their standard springs.

123Jato 09-08-2013 10:12 PM

Then why not just buy the RK kit?

Allibaster 09-08-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123Jato (Post 4408297)
Then why not just buy the RK kit?

I've seen OME flex first hand and can confirm they are as much of a trail kit as RK. They've got a premium ride quality too.

RK is good stuff, but OME has been at it for a lot longer on multiple platforms.

WatchThis! 09-08-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allibaster (Post 4408401)

I've seen OME flex first hand and can confirm they are as much of a trail kit as RK. They've got a premium ride quality too.

RK is good stuff, but OME has been at it for a lot longer on multiple platforms.

So has Rough County and Super Lift

123Jato 09-08-2013 10:21 PM

Premium ride quality and flex.....MC comes to my mind:)

Elconquistador 09-08-2013 10:36 PM

There is so many good companies it makes your head boggle. I love what rock krawler has to offer but I don't know if I like there springs as well as ome. And the wait for mc is like two months!

Allibaster 09-08-2013 11:22 PM

Check out this thread: 3" Old Man Emu Flex - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

I'd put up OME against any other lift out there.

kjeeper10 09-08-2013 11:57 PM

OME is good stuff but what does the 4" kit do for pinion/caster wheel base ?
Do they even offer a control arm ? That's a ton of lift without control arms IMO

Darkfire 09-09-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 4410425)
OME is good stuff but what does the 4" kit do for pinion/caster wheel base ?
Do they even offer a control arm ? That's a ton of lift without control arms IMO

X2

Plus at that height you need drive shafts and probably a few other components

You would be way better off going with the Metal Cloak game changer lite with OME shocks or go full tilt and get the six pack shocks. My 2 cents

Allibaster 09-09-2013 12:47 AM

JKU OME 2" Flex

JKU with OME LT articulating - YouTube

123Jato 09-09-2013 05:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allibaster (Post 4411105)

Since you like flex:

Attachment 329545



Attachment 329553



Attachment 329561

This is MC

Darkfire 09-09-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123Jato (Post 4412433)
Since you like flex:

Attachment 329545



Attachment 329553



Attachment 329561

This is MC

Thanks, you saved me from posting my Metal Cloak pics :awesome:

123Jato 09-09-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 4414537)

Thanks, you saved me from posting my Metal Cloak pics :awesome:

Yea, I have yet to see a non coilover flex more then this kit.

kjeeper10 09-09-2013 11:28 AM

$4k it better flex lol

bartlanz 09-09-2013 01:09 PM

I'm shopping lifts for my 2dr jk and looking for pics of a 4" with 37's any one got em?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.