Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Mopar parts- who they're REALLY made by (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mopar-parts-who-theyre-really-made-by-28543.html)

thaduke2003 03-31-2009 04:14 PM

Mopar parts- who they're REALLY made by

Hey all. Well, as some of you know by now, I work at a Jeep dealership. Being bored, I've taken the time to figure out a few things. Here goes:
Mopar air filters are K&N's.
Mopar CAI's are AEM's.
Mopar exhausts SEEM TO BE Magnaflow (not 100% on that, but pretty sure)
And so on. So before you go and buy Mopar performance parts (unless it's through me :bottom:), realize that anything with a part # starting with P (Performance, duh!) won't be warranteed, so you may as well pay less for the original unless you REALLY have to have the Mopar label on it :) More parts to come as I get to play with more stuff! Mark W.

Badfish 03-31-2009 04:24 PM

doesnt the mopar stuff not void you warranty like the aftermarket stuff can. isnt that the reason people just pay that little bit more so if there engine falls out cause the mopar CAI made it the dealership will replace it unlike the guy whos engine falls cause of his AEM CAI? just wondering

thaduke2003 03-31-2009 04:34 PM

Nope. It's still considered an aftermarket piece. Even if it's dealer installed, they don't have to cover it. Depends on how much of a dick your service guys are. But ANY modification can void the warranty, depending on what it does- Mark W.

TXRLK 04-01-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaduke2003 (Post 347049)
Nope. It's still considered an aftermarket piece. Even if it's dealer installed, they don't have to cover it. Depends on how much of a dick your service guys are. But ANY modification can void the warranty, depending on what it does- Mark W.

The dealership that I bought from has an aftermarket parts manager. He told me that ANY aftermarket part that the dealership sells and installs will be honored under warranty.

thaduke2003 04-01-2009 03:11 PM

That's up to the dealership- they don't HAVE TO is what I said. That dealership is choosing to cover aftermarket pieces if they install it- that's how the OEM performance parts are SUPPOSED to be done, but that's not often the case. I've gone to court with dealerships (on a client's behalf) more than once for this. Almost every time, the dealership is clearly either in the wrong or trying to wiggle into the gray areas of the law. Tex, stick with that dealership- it sounds like they'll be good to modders :) Mark W.

thaduke2003 04-01-2009 03:12 PM

Also going to add that the Mopar lift kits seem to be Rubicon Express pieces- Mark W.

tj07jk 07-23-2009 10:37 AM

hey thaduke

I've got a question you may be able to help me with, you seem to be in the know. I have a 07 2dr with the mopar chrome tube steps. one of the black plastic inserts in the end fell out, lost it on the interstate. I tried contacting mopar but they just gave me the run around. I just need ONE insert, I don't want to buy all new step rails because I lost one part (I can't believe it fell out to begin with). My passenger side rail looks like crap without it. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanx.