Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Exhaust Suggestion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/exhaust-suggestion-28558.html)

ionthegreat 03-31-2009 08:24 PM

Exhaust Suggestion

I have a 2005 Jeep wrangler Unlimited
so far i have a 4 inch lift with 35 inch pro comp tires and im looking to get a new exhaust for it....i have heard that flowmaster 50 series are great catalytic converters to get, and that they sound really good. i went on the flowmaster website and looked through the types they had and i could only find ones that match a 1991-1995 wrangler. so im guessing i need to buy a universal sized one for my jeep i just dont know the stock exhaust size or anything like that, i dont know too much about exhaust.. was wondering if anyone could help me or give me some suggestions. thanks

:blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

Jma20a 03-31-2009 08:46 PM

do you mean the flowmaster 50 MUFFLER? you should look into a cat-back exhaust. i run the banks and it sounds great. cat-back is short for catalytic converter and back(everything behind the cat).

Giancarlo 03-31-2009 09:43 PM

lol jma thats funny ... cat back is everything past... look into full cat back systems and not just mufflers for better sounds and performance..

ionthegreat 04-01-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jma20a (Post 347236)
do you mean the flowmaster 50 MUFFLER? you should look into a cat-back exhaust. i run the banks and it sounds great. cat-back is short for catalytic converter and back(everything behind the cat).

i think so man, i dont know shit about exhaust systems, all i know is there was a video of a guy with a flowmaster 50 series on his jeep and it sounded beastly

:blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

Jma20a 04-01-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giancarlo (Post 347314)
lol jma thats funny ... cat back is everything past... look into full cat back systems and not just mufflers for better sounds and performance..

that's what i meant to say, just came out wrong.

Timberman 04-01-2009 07:26 PM

I have the Banks monster exhaust cat-back and love it..

ionthegreat 04-01-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberman (Post 348063)
I have the Banks monster exhaust cat-back and love it..

do you have a 4.0Li have heard the banks exhaust, but if it came down to it id have to say i like the flowmaster's sound better than the banks, but i dont know its between the banks and the flowmaster at this point.. hard decision

:blunt::blunt:
:blunt:

zpratt4 04-01-2009 11:48 PM

Here's my flowmaster 40 series. I just bought the muffler, everything else is stock.

YouTube - Jeep Wrangler Flowmaster

Twozerofd 04-02-2009 09:07 AM

id go full banks cat back, everything fits great and sounds good. if you want a deeper sound go with the banks torque tubes header and the banks intake too. i did the entire exhaust system and got a nice deep sound and some better power to push the 35's on my '04 wrangler.

Timberman 04-02-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twozerofd (Post 348364)
id go full banks cat back, everything fits great and sounds good. if you want a deeper sound go with the banks torque tubes header and the banks intake too. i did the entire exhaust system and got a nice deep sound and some better power to push the 35's on my '04 wrangler.

Yeah, I replaced everything from the Cat-back and basically it takes the stop outlet tubes from 2" to 2.5" it sounds real throaty and you can feel it quite a bit when you are at higher RPMS.. I coupled it with an AEM Bruteforce intake and spacer and I would recommend the set-up.

Timber