Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Barricade bumpers? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/barricade-bumpers-286401.html)

Canadian GP 09-10-2013 04:40 PM

Barricade bumpers?
 
I just got an email from Extreme Terrain offering a discount on Barricade bumpers, anyone have any experience with them?

Cryptids 09-10-2013 05:21 PM

I got the email too and am also interested in them. It says 5/32 steel and .120" tubing powder coated. Sounds good to me!

dirtybiketrash 09-10-2013 05:25 PM

Anyone know if they are made here in the USA, or overseas?

Canadian GP 09-10-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtybiketrash (Post 4455513)
Anyone know if they are made here in the USA, or overseas?

I emailed to find out.

Lycian 09-10-2013 08:05 PM

I also received the same email, but I was looking at that replacement soft top.

XTRyan 09-11-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian GP (Post 4454505)
I just got an email from Extreme Terrain offering a discount on Barricade bumpers, anyone have any experience with them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtybiketrash (Post 4455513)
Anyone know if they are made here in the USA, or overseas?

Hey guys,

Great questions! Barricade bumpers have components sourced from all over the world, but we actually rigorously tested and fitted their products ourselves on our own Jeep Expert's JK's, TJ's and YJ's. We took them out on the trail and these bumpers definitely seem to hold up to some abuse!

Their bumpers are designed to be high quality and "turn-key" including all of the components you guys are looking for (d-ring mounts, d-rings, tire carrier, built-in winch plates, etc.).

I can gladly hook you up with more pics, etc. Just let me know any info that you guys need!

cmaggi2 09-11-2013 08:56 AM

Is there only a full width design? I could only find this one through the search function.
Barricade Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Front Bumper (07-14 Wrangler JK) J20850 - Free Shipping over $75!

dirtybiketrash 09-11-2013 09:18 AM

I am not questioning the quality, just where they are assembled.

cmaggi2 09-11-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtybiketrash (Post 4472193)
I am not questioning the quality, just where they are assembled.

That's how I took your question too, but I think we have the answer...

XTRyan 09-11-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 4471721)
Is there only a full width design? I could only find this one through the search function.
Barricade Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Front Bumper (07-14 Wrangler JK) J20850 - Free Shipping over $75!

Right now, there's only a full-width design, but Barricade has tons of new stuff in the works for Wranglers. We're looking forward to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtybiketrash (Post 4472193)
I am not questioning the quality, just where they are assembled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 4472753)
That's how I took your question too, but I think we have the answer...

Ahhh, gotcha. I read it the wrong way.

Some of the items are completely or partially assembled or produced overseas and some of them will be from the US. All Barricade items, regardless of where they're made are developed and engineered by Barricade and QC'ed multiple times before the product hits their shelves.

Hope this helps!

cmaggi2 09-11-2013 02:00 PM

Im glad you cleared that up, I thought everything was pure Chinese. Does Barricade have a web site yet?

Also, what does this kit come with? Any hardware? Just top and windows? http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...jk-j40002.html

ronm7230 09-11-2013 06:27 PM

Do you know what the max tire size the carrier holds for the TJ version?

XTRyan 09-12-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 4479945)
Im glad you cleared that up, I thought everything was pure Chinese. Does Barricade have a web site yet?

Also, what does this kit come with? Any hardware? Just top and windows? Barricade Replacement Soft Top, Black Diamond (10-14 Wrangler JK 2 Door) J40002 - Free Shipping over $75!

I checked on this and Barricade's tops come with the top itself as well as the rear and size zip-in windows which are tinted. Their tops are designed as replacements to go over your existing frame and hardware.

I'm going to get a list of components added to Barricade's product pages on our site to make it more clear. Good call. Thanks for pointing it out!

I don't believe Barricade has a website, but if you want to read about any of the specific products, there should be a good amount of info on our site and I can always reach out and get more details.

bmjm100 09-12-2013 12:34 PM

I just got the same email, I am thinking about this...we'll see.

Bruce

cmaggi2 09-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTZach (Post 4504241)
I checked on this and Barricade's tops come with the top itself as well as the rear and size zip-in windows which are tinted. Their tops are designed as replacements to go over your existing frame and hardware.

I'm going to get a list of components added to Barricade's product pages on our site to make it more clear. Good call. Thanks for pointing it out!

I don't believe Barricade has a website, but if you want to read about any of the specific products, there should be a good amount of info on our site and I can always reach out and get more details.

I didn't expect the top to come w/ hardware at that price, but I need new door surrounds and a spare top and windows would have pushed me over the edge, lol.

Could you also find out the weight of the bumpers please? If the stubby version looks as good, I'll be all over it for the value.

XTRyan 09-13-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronm7230 (Post 4487177)
Do you know what the max tire size the carrier holds for the TJ version?

Just went and checked it out. I measured their bumpers for both the TJ/YJ and JK. Both of them will hold a 37" tire. Hope this helps!

Steffen1601 09-15-2013 08:11 AM

I am interested in this bumper as well. Is there any drilling or cutting required?

XTRyan 09-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmaggi2 (Post 4536073)
I didn't expect the top to come w/ hardware at that price, but I need new door surrounds and a spare top and windows would have pushed me over the edge, lol.

Could you also find out the weight of the bumpers please? If the stubby version looks as good, I'll be all over it for the value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffen1601 (Post 4587049)
I am interested in this bumper as well. Is there any drilling or cutting required?

Good questions - sorry for the delay, I had to weigh them.

Okay, so it looks like the weight of the front Rock Crawler bumper for the JK is 79 lbs and TJ/YJ is 64 lbs.

The rear bumper for the JK is about 110 lbs (tire carrier is another 48) and the rear bumper for the TJ/YJ is about 76 lbs (tire carrier is another 38).

We didn't have to drill or cut anything to get the bumpers to fit on either of our JK's (2 dr and 4 dr), or our TJ.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions at all.

MOJeepen 09-17-2013 04:56 PM

Can you post some pictures of the TJ bumper on your vehicles?

XTRyan 09-18-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOJeepen (Post 4652417)
Can you post some pictures of the TJ bumper on your vehicles?

Definitely! Here's the front and rear from Barricade on a few employee TJ's...

http://blog.extremeterrain.com/wp-co...gler-parts.jpg

http://blog.extremeterrain.com/wp-co...er-parts-2.jpg

http://blog.extremeterrain.com/wp-co...gler-parts.jpg

Tom95YJ 09-20-2013 04:17 PM

Any pics of them on a YJ that is the style I want on my 89

Ksean 09-20-2013 10:56 PM

Those bumpers look awesome!

Do you ship to western Canada?

1jeeplvr 09-25-2013 07:04 AM

Yes,very nice.Price isnt bad either.Whats the price for a TJ one?

ljvsnyder 10-01-2013 04:25 PM

do they have a front skid plate to cover the crash bar?

StrainedSky 10-03-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljvsnyder (Post 5009521)
do they have a front skid plate to cover the crash bar?

Bump would also like to know.

robmart3 10-07-2013 04:11 PM

Still no answer about the skid to protect the steering and/or e-swaybar?

StrainedSky 10-08-2013 03:45 PM

Sent in a email and here's the response :

Thanks for the email. From my understanding Barricade is just getting into body armor and skid plates. I do not have any idea of what types or a date for production but we may see these unfold in the upcoming year.
Thanks and have a great day!

SpiderDice 10-11-2013 05:14 PM

XTZach

Your website lies about these bumpers. Website says they are in stock but they are not.

Beyond disappointed with my first experience with Extreme Terrain. I'll be looking somewhere else to purchase my Jeep parts.

steve_plunkett 10-12-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTZach (Post 4471593)
Hey guys, Great questions! Barricade bumpers have components sourced from all over the world, but we actually rigorously tested and fitted their products ourselves on our own Jeep Expert's JK's, TJ's and YJ's. We took them out on the trail and these bumpers definitely seem to hold up to some abuse! Their bumpers are designed to be high quality and "turn-key" including all of the components you guys are looking for (d-ring mounts, d-rings, tire carrier, built-in winch plates, etc.). I can gladly hook you up with more pics, etc. Just let me know any info that you guys need!

Im interested in ourchasing these bumpers and was wondering if you noticed a huge rake in the front of the jeep when you installed it and if you had a discount code still

robmart3 10-12-2013 07:52 PM

Front bumper is no longer available for purchase.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.