Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Land Use Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f116/)
-   -   909 in NY (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f116/909-in-ny-28703.html)

jamesx2 04-03-2009 07:22 PM

909 in NY

Heres my story to all people involved in area 909 in NY.
I have been there twice and both of those times I for what I have known were on legal 4x4 trails, not marked otherwise.
I thank those of you who have directed and educated me as to what trails we should and should not be on.
I hope all those on this forum will read this and please stay off any trails that you may even think are off limits.
I am also a hiker and outdoors person and respect the land use of others

For those on this forum that have been replying to me with negitive concerns, please accept my apoligies to the land owners and those forum members,
Once again, I have only driven on the trails to my knowledge marked as legal riding trails

tiny terror 04-03-2009 07:27 PM

For those involved, DO NOT continue this fight here.

James, good on you. Your attitude about this can only help the 4x4 community.

jpdocdave 04-03-2009 07:43 PM

i read the other thread, and i just want to add (not for wf members sake, but for the ones reading this that aren't neccessarily ohv enthusiasts)

i'd say the huge majority of members here consider this our largest issue. illegal land use is more of a threat to us, than those who are not off road users that are fighting it. there's a super small group of wheelers that are schmucks and pigs, and wreck the land and litter. that group is appauling to us. members on this forum participate in trail and land clean ups, and only promote legal ohv use.

illegal off roading is absolutely not tolerated or poromoted on here, and it is well known.

we love the land we use, we love the outdoors and the beauty thereof. and we take it very seriously when some one uses land illegally, or is accused thereof.

thaduke2003 04-04-2009 08:02 AM

Well put, man ^ Mark W.

KBR97 05-09-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 349257)
i read the other thread, and i just want to add (not for wf members sake, but for the ones reading this that aren't neccessarily ohv enthusiasts)

i'd say the huge majority of members here consider this our largest issue. illegal land use is more of a threat to us, than those who are not off road users that are fighting it. there's a super small group of wheelers that are schmucks and pigs, and wreck the land and litter. that group is appauling to us. members on this forum participate in trail and land clean ups, and only promote legal ohv use.

illegal off roading is absolutely not tolerated or poromoted on here, and it is well known.

we love the land we use, we love the outdoors and the beauty thereof. and we take it very seriously when some one uses land illegally, or is accused thereof.

i almost shed a tear reading that.:(

j/k it is true, there are alot of idiots that dont care about the consiquences of there illegal offroading or there lack of respect for the land that is legal. The better you treat the land the longer it will be open to us...hopefully.

jupiterboy 06-01-2009 09:23 AM

The backpacking analogy holds here. If you have ever been involved with trail building for foot trails you know how it goes. It only takes a few people cutting across switchbacks to ruin a trail. While the majority do things right the impact of a few negates the hard work and proper use by the many.