Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   07 Wrangler off-road video. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/07-wrangler-off-road-video-2901.html)

JeepGuyLJ 09-05-2006 07:36 PM

07 Wrangler off-road video.

i was watching superlifts off-road on the outdoor channel and they were testing the new 07 wrangler out on the trail and they did pretty dam well. if you want to see the video i found it on youtube and here is the link to watch it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QGRYuMtDgc

mrbigjeep 09-05-2006 07:45 PM

ill stick to my TJ! :D ...i can make mine perform that good if it doesn't already! :cool:

Odhinn 09-05-2006 08:18 PM

Has anyone else noticed the 4 door body line resembles the hummers in a basic way. They are growing on me but will wait for a few years to make sure all that new tech works over time.

4Jeepn 09-06-2006 09:52 AM

for some reason I can't get the new shape to work for me..perhaps in person I will love it, but right now it reminds me of a box sort of like a volvo...and the flat faced rims they are running would seem to get the crap scraped out of them, vs the more recessed one's on current jeeps.

mud707 09-06-2006 11:19 AM

My tj did just as good when it was stock and I beat it. I even took it through a real mud hole not that little puddle.

jeeperman 09-06-2006 11:46 AM

The new JK's perform as well as the TJ's on the trail. At least the couple that I have run with did. And one had a very inexperienced driver. I think that the lines and size will grow on us eventually.

mrbigjeep 09-06-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn
for some reason I can't get the new shape to work for me..perhaps in person I will love it, but right now it reminds me of a box sort of like a volvo...and the flat faced rims they are running would seem to get the crap scraped out of them, vs the more recessed one's on current jeeps.

yup seems like with them not being set back that they could get scraped quite easily just running the edge of a rock

mrbigjeep 09-06-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperman
The new JK's perform as well as the TJ's on the trail. At least the couple that I have run with did. And one had a very inexperienced driver. I think that the lines and size will grow on us eventually.

maybe some of us are partial and biased to our TJ's! we could be a little jealous and envious! well, nah! :D

hmenker 09-07-2006 09:57 PM

Not Ready to Cave In Yet

I must admit it was a "nice" video, but I'm not ready to make a change yet. I plan on having my '04 Unlimited for many years to come. I didn't feel the "test" course footage we saw was much more than a 4 or 5 rating. I can't imagine the long wheel base of the new 4 door Unlimited can really handle more than a 6 rating. As often as mine has been snagged I can see the words "twice as often" coming to life for that even longer wheel base.

04moneypit 09-11-2006 04:22 PM

Ok, but how about the 1 1/2 yr "argument" over IFS, who started that one and what were thy thinking. An IFS wrangler! That one's so bad someone should go back and slap their parents.

JeepGuyLJ 09-11-2006 08:57 PM

Yeah someone should go back and slap their parents. I didnt think a IFS would be right for a jeep wrangler like i didnt think its right to offer a 2wd 4door unlimited. Its not a FJ to have an IFS. :cool:

mrbigjeep 09-11-2006 10:03 PM

i thought they said that the new one still had SA's?!...does the FJ have IFS? it does doesn't it? probably so

JeepGuyLJ 09-11-2006 10:18 PM

Yeah bigjeep the new FJ's do have IFS its not solid. The new wrangler have SA's but the FJ's.

mrbigjeep 09-11-2006 10:34 PM

gotcha...the FJ's look a little funky too!

JeepGuyLJ 09-11-2006 11:08 PM

Cool. ya they do look a little funky.