Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/)
-   -   2014 Granite Crystal Metallic Thread/Mod Club (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/2014-granite-crystal-metallic-thread-mod-club-290745.html)

Sucker Punch 09-13-2013 09:58 AM

2014 Granite Crystal Metallic Thread/Mod Club

It's about freaking time to get this thread started. Ordered my 2014 Granite Crystal JKURubicon on 9/11/13. I thought it would be cool to have a thread for all the Granite Crystal JK's. Post up what kind of mods and technical stuff you plan on doing to your Granite JK's and don't forget to post pics of your ride. If you don't post a pic I will speak to the moderator and you WILL be :banned:. Ok, just kidding.

So here is what I ordered:
  • Granite Crystal JKU Rubicon
  • Half Doors :happyyes:
  • 5 speed Auto
  • Uconnect 430N
  • Connectivity
  • 4.10 gears
  • Front Seat Side Air Bags
Here are my first mods I am planning:
  • 3.5 or 4.5 lift (probably AEV with Procal)
  • 35 or 37" Tires (leaning toward 37's - maybe Cooper STT Discoverer or Hankook Dynapros)
  • Aftermarket wheels (17" black wheels- I've been going back and forth - Something simple - I don't like blinged out wheels or fake beadlocks)
  • Teraflex rear tire carrier (I think!)
After I get the initial mods and huge expense above out of the way I can start getting the the bolt on stuff and smaller accessories like:
  • Ace Sliders
  • Front and rear bumper
  • Sun Shade or Bikini Top
  • Security storage for rear
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.
Here are a few pics of the first Granite Crystal JK on the road- Pics courtesy of SpiderWebShade Facebook Page.
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...10701224_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...52256906_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...08046270_n.jpg

:drool::drinks:

jrohan07 09-13-2013 10:16 AM

Man that color rocks....got a 13 jku in black but that is sweet.

c_caz 09-13-2013 10:16 AM

It is about freaking time!
So here is what I ordered on 9/11/2013:
Granite Crystal JKU Sahara
6 speed Manual
Connectivity
Max Tow
Leather
Hard Top and Anti-spin (live in MN).

I don't rock crawl, instead this is my vehicle to get to hard to reach camping/fishing spots.

First planned mods are more the bolt on kind such as the Homelink garage door opener, locking hood and locking gas cap.
Beyond that I'm planning on adding a roof rack, but haven't gone far down that rabbit hole just yet. Got a few weeks for that "research", but I do wanna get my canoe out with this rig before the hard water season starts.

Your build looks great and nice to see a few more photo's in Granite paint. I do plan on adding a softtop next spring.

stack 09-13-2013 10:17 AM

Here is what I am thinking

• Granite Crystal JKU Rubicon X
  • 6spd Manual w/ 4.10 gears standard
  • AC/Temp Control
  • Uconnect 430N
  • 3 piece black hard top
  • 2.5 spacer lift to start (thinking Teraflex)
  • 35" Tires (Goodyear Duratracs because of the northern conditions)
  • Stock Rubicon X wheels with spidertrax 1.5" spacers
  • Teraflex rear tire carrier
  • Grabars for climbing in
  • Winch for my Rubicon X front bumper (remove end caps)
  • Tow hitch and wiring from Quadratec
  • Soft top of some kind in the spring (I Like the toneau cover look)
  • AEV procal or other programmer for tire size
Pics will be posted counting the days

stack

StarBrite 09-13-2013 10:23 AM

Sucker, you didn't include your double stacked milk crates for the girls! :hide:

Sorry, had to crash this thread at least once. :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled show...

MaddHatter 09-13-2013 10:50 AM

My 2014 Granite Crystal Sahara 2 Door

Finally got it ordered yesterday. Now impatiently waiting for an e-mail from Jeep. Editted everything off my post here. I'm a f*cking doctor and can't figure out how to post a vertical list. Not computer savvy at all. My apologies. SuckerPunch, how do i make a list?

wmshay6 09-13-2013 11:31 AM

Cool Thread SP

I ordered my Granite JKU-Sport on 9/11/13.
Premium Soft Top
Premium Audio
Connectivity
FULL DOORS. (Sorry, had to).

No real intense mods planned. First is a hitch and 7pin so I can tow my pop up. I have a line on some take off Rubi Rails that I want basically to hide the pinch seam.

Future mods will likely be a very small lift, some more aggressive tires (after the stockers wear out) and something to facilitate taking surf rods and gear onto the beach.

Other than that, nothing major planned. I'll get pics as soon as she lands.

I have my VON but no VIN. I understand my build may be on restriction due to ordering a 6 speed.

zenman 09-13-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sucker Punch (Post 4537457)
It's about freaking time to get this thread started. Ordered my 2014 Granite Crystal JKURubicon on 9/11/13. I thought it would be cool to have a thread for all the Granite Crystal JK's. Post up what kind of mods and technical stuff you plan on doing to your Granite JK's and don't forget to post pics of your ride. If you don't post a pic I will speak to the moderator and you WILL be :banned:. Ok, just kidding.

• Granite Crystal JKU Rubicon
  • Half Doors :happyyes:
  • 5 speed Auto
  • Uconnect 430N
  • Connectivity
  • 4.10 gears
  • Front Seat Side Air Bags
  • 3.5 or 4.5 lift (probably AEV with Procal)
  • 35 or 37" Tires (leaning toward 37's - maybe Cooper STT Discoverer or Hankook Dynapros)
  • Aftermarket wheels (17" black wheels- I've been going back and forth - Something simple - I don't like blinged out wheels or fake beadlocks)
  • Teraflex rear tire carrier (I think!)
After I get the initial mods and huge expense above out of the way I can start getting the the bolt on stuff and smaller accessories like:
  • Ace Sliders
  • Front and rear bumper
  • Sun Shade or Bikini Top
  • Security storage for rear
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.
Here are a few pics of the first Granite Crystal JK on the road- Pics courtesy of SpiderWebShade Facebook Page.
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...10701224_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...52256906_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...08046270_n.jpg

:drool::drinks:

What wheels are those?

Rancho 09-13-2013 11:41 AM

I was about to post up and say look at SWS's Facebook page. :) I can't wait to see more pics of this build.

PS those are Raceline wheels.

jwann01 09-13-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drplmmm (Post 4538833)
Finally got it ordered yesterday. Now impatiently waiting for an e-mail from Jeep. Editted everything off my post here. I'm a f*cking doctor and can't figure out how to post a vertical list. Not computer savvy at all. My apologies. SuckerPunch, how do i make a list?

[*] item (hit enter or return)[*] item (hit enter or return)
And so forth until list is complete

Sucker Punch 09-13-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

:lmao: You probably have terrible hand writing also:happyyes: Ok, enough making fun of the Dr. ;) The easiest way to make a list is to click on the bullet points underneath the font "sizes" on the message menu bar.

Thought I would add another beautiful picture of the SWS "Shady" build. :drool:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...36399460_n.jpg

c_caz 09-13-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmshay6 (Post 4539681)
I ordered my Granite JKU-Sport on 9/11/13.
I have my VON but no VIN. I understand my build may be on restriction due to ordering a 6 speed.

How do you know the 6 speed may cause a restriction/delay? Any intel on how much of a delay?

MaddHatter 09-13-2013 12:22 PM

jwann01 and SuckerPunch. Still clueless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sucker Punch (Post 4540401)
:lmao: You probably have terrible hand writing also:happyyes: Ok, enough making fun of the Dr. ;) The easiest way to make a list is to click on the bullet points underneath the font "sizes" on the message menu bar.

Thought I would add another beautiful picture of the SWS "Shady" build. :drool:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...36399460_n.jpg

do i type bracket, asterix, bracket and then type my mod info. then hit enter. and hope the cursor automatically moves down a line? then start again?

MaddHatter 09-13-2013 12:27 PM

test

[*]mod1[*]mod2[*]mod3[*][*][*]seeing if it skips 2 lines[*]mod4 Doesn't work! WTF!!!!!!!!!! OK guys it can't be that f*cking hard.. if i was in my office today, i have 11 girls there that can probably do this blindfolded. they make fun of me because i don't know how to use my smart phone.

Hoorah 09-13-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drplmmm (Post 4540953)
[*]mod1[*]mod2[*]mod3[*][*][*]seeing if it skips 2 lines[*]mod4 Doesn't work! WTF!!!!!!!!!! OK guys it can't be that f*cking hard.. if i was in my office today, i have 11 girls there that can probably do this blindfolded. they make fun of me because i don't know how to use my smart phone.

If you are a MD I hope you don't open my chest and say WTF!!!! :jawdrop::funnypost:

wmshay6 09-13-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_caz (Post 4540505)
How do you know the 6 speed may cause a restriction/delay? Any intel on how much of a delay?

I read somewhere on here that 6 spd was on restirction. And I am looking at all of these people getting VINS- all autos. No 6spd folks that I have found.

Bradspe 09-13-2013 01:21 PM

• Granite X 2dr
  • Auto with 4.10
  • Remote Start with Auto A/C
  • Dual Tops
Plan (Still in the works, let me know what you think)
  • Teraflex 2.5" with shock adapters
  • Teraflex Front Track Bar
  • Teraflex Tire Carrier
  • Teraflex Exhaust Spacers
  • AEV Geometry correction brackets
  • 315 Duratrac's on Stock Rims
  • 1.5" SpiderTrax Spacers
  • Maximus 3 Bullbar with winch set up and fog light mounts
  • ipf 968 series driving light kit
That should cover the intial build. I like the rubicon rims on big tires myself. I am curious to know what kind of ride quality I will get using stock shocks with the teraflex lift. The shock adapters are very inexpensive so worth a shot using them in the mean time and if I plan on getting new rims I can still rock the duratracs and sell the spacers no problem. I think this initial build allows me a lot of wiggle room for upgrades without being too stuck buying new upgrade parts. I really like the dual rated springs from metalcloak but they don't make a 2.5 lift for the 2 door yet and I am reluctant to stress the geometry of the rig past 2.5. It seems that once you get into that realm you are looking at a full set of control arms and a shorter life on your drive shafts (or at the very least what I have read). This will be my first Jeep so I only speak from my trolling the forums. Looking forward to other's build and input as I have not ordered anything yet!

GLRWrangler 09-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drplmmm (Post 4540953)

Hey Doc, you were close... you have to insert all of those[*] inside a ["list"][\"list"] (remove the quote on the name "list").

i.e. ["list"][*]mod1[*]mod1[*]mod1[\"list"] (again, remove the quote to the name "list", I only use them to give you an example)

zenman 09-13-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoorah (Post 4541425)
If you are a MD I hope you don't open my chest and say WTF!!!! :jawdrop::funnypost:

Give him a break. His nurse is probably back at the office, lol!

When I was working on my MBA, we had a retired thoracic surgeon in class. He said he was useless outside the OR and no good at parties as he had no idea what was happening in the real world.

Hoorah 09-13-2013 03:11 PM

Doc you can also hit Preview Post to see what it looks like before it is published. :thumb:

Sucker Punch 09-13-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoorah (Post 4544633)
Doc you can also hit Preview Post to see what it looks like before it is published. :thumb:

He was posting with his phone and not on a computer. I have the wranglerforum app on my phone and it doesn't have the menu or preview options.

If you want to add the list the easy way just use safari or whatever internet and log into the forum that way instead of using the app. You should be able to use the menu and preview that way. Or you can try using the code that GLRWrangler posted a couple posts back.

Don't give up on us Doc! ;)

Espada 09-13-2013 03:35 PM

What a great color. To be honest, that color is what I thought/hoped Anvil was going o be when I first heard about it in January.

Hoorah 09-13-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sucker Punch (Post 4544729)
He was posting with his phone and not on a computer. I have the wranglerforum app on my phone and it doesn't have the menu or preview options.

If you want to add the list the easy way just use safari or whatever internet and log into the forum that way instead of using the app. You should be able to use the menu and preview that way. Or you can try using the code that GLRWrangler posted a couple posts back.

Don't give up on us Doc! ;)

Roger that!;)

tlminh 09-13-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Lol, love it!

I'm an FP doc and I'm ok with computers, just wondering what kind of doc you are and to see if you fit the stereotype . . . general surgery?

Wrangler60 09-13-2013 04:32 PM

Is that the real color in the pic? I was hoping it would be darker.

JKKrizan 09-13-2013 04:53 PM

OK so I'll play too... Just ordered my JKUR Granite Crystal yesterday but still waiting on my #. I have almost everything bought for the jeep already! Everyone thinks I am crazy but I'm sure all of you totally get it, right??

Jeep options orderes
-Auto
-4.10's
-Leather
-730N
-Remote start
-Body color top & fenders
-Connectivity

Here's what I already have:
-Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm (chosen mainly for it being bolt on. Cant imagine cutting up my +$40k investiment already!)
- Fox 2.0 Reservior's
-37" Toyo M/T's
-17" Black Method Standards
- 1.5" Synergy Spacers

Future Mods:
Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier
Poison Spider bumpers (undecided)

There wont be a mall curb that I cant cross!

Bradspe 09-13-2013 06:22 PM

Everyone keeps posting "connectivity" isn't that standard with the X package? Also can anyone comment if the Unconnect 130 still comes with controls on the steering wheel?

Aeschylus 09-13-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmshay6 (Post 4541497)
I read somewhere on here that 6 spd was on restirction. And I am looking at all of these people getting VINS- all autos. No 6spd folks that I have found.

As I recall, the same thing happened in the early days of the 10A deliveries. People with autos wound up getting their Jeeps delivered before people who ordered 6 speeds.

c_caz 09-13-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeschylus (Post 4550025)
As I recall, the same thing happened in the early days of the 10A deliveries. People with autos wound up getting their Jeeps delivered before people who ordered 6 speeds.

Well that kinda sucks. I guess I waited all summer, what's a bit more. I guess more time to figure out mods.

When I ordered the dealer asked me, "Does it fell like Christmas?" I answered something like, "Feels like 6 weeks to Christmas".

Sucker Punch 09-14-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 4538057)
Sucker, you didn't include your double stacked milk crates for the girls! :hide:

Sorry, had to crash this thread at least once. :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled show...

Haha, how did I forget the milk crates! Stop by any time! I wave at all color Jeeps - I'm not racist :wavey: Congrats on that Hydro Blue!