Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/)
-   -   Club Copperhead !!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/club-copperhead-290977.html)

donmeca2020 09-13-2013 11:57 AM

Club Copperhead !!!

This thread will be for the us copperhead pearl owners and those who'd like to discuss anything related to owning a copperhead JK or JKU. feel free to discuss your thoughts for mods and anything else really

My copperhead brothers and sisters.... Welcome to Club Copperhead !!!

the Kolector 09-13-2013 11:58 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone already beat you to it. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-249448.html

donmeca2020 09-13-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 4540193)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone already beat you to it. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-249448.html

yea, i even saw that myself. they were however discussing just the color in general. not actually being an future owner or anything like that. :pc-ouch:

jon snow 09-13-2013 05:18 PM

I'm in! Wonder who will be the first lucky SOB to be able to post pics of their ordered JK or JKU? Probably will depend on model, options, and how far you are from Toledo. Time to celebrate this week the right way...with :beerme:

StarBrite 09-13-2013 05:20 PM

Couldn't crash Sucker's thread and not yours, too, Don! :D

:include:

donmeca2020 09-13-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon snow (Post 4547473)
I'm in! Wonder who will be the first lucky SOB to be able to post pics of their ordered JK or JKU? Probably will depend on model, options, and how far you are from Toledo. Time to celebrate this week the right way...with :beerme:

i hear you !!! i've already been looking at mods. exterior mostly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 4547529)
Couldn't crash Sucker's thread and not yours, too, Don! :D

:include:

Your welcome to come in here anytime you want !:happyyes:

StarBrite 09-13-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 4547729)
Your welcome to come in here anytime you want !:happyyes:

I think you should include a small tribute in blue SOMEWHERE on your copperhead jeep. :happyyes:

donmeca2020 09-13-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 4547809)
I think you should include a small tribute in blue SOMEWHERE on your copperhead jeep. :happyyes:

i got a million ideas on what to do with this thing.... just not sure where to begin :lmao: i'd also like to see it in person before i start buying anything to color match it .

the Kolector 09-13-2013 08:20 PM

I think Copperhead and Black would be a good looking combo, but fear it may become the "go to" for many owners and become overdone.......but what do I know, I own a Steel Blue.

StarBrite 09-13-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 4552713)
I think Copperhead and Black would be a good looking combo, but fear it may become the "go to" for many owners and become overdone.......but what do I know, I own a Steel Blue.

:hijacked:

We saw a Steel Blue in North Carolina over the summer. That is an AWESOME jeep color!

3PedalMINI 09-13-2013 09:14 PM

I like this thread better then the other one :D

Ive been really racking my brain on mods to order, The day it rolls off the truck and i get her home im making the tint appointment to get her limo-ed out

Next immediate mod im doing will be the trailer hitch and wiring, the only thing im debating is if i should just do the tire carrier with the hitch built in since im getting 35's probably next year (or earlier) and will need a tire carrier, im pretty much sold on the LOD rear bumper.

Ill also probably be ordering the ace rock rails in the next few weeks, probably the day i get the email saying she went into production!

And over the next few weeks ill be ordering most of the parts to make my own "s-pod" type system...

Front bumper im totally lost on, not sure what i want to do there. Mid Width, Full Width or stubby bumper. On top of that im not sure which look im trying to achieve with my copperhead. Stinger Bumper is out of the question and im not entirely sold on the smitty built M.O.D bumper due to many fellow jeepers having issues with it.

StarBrite 09-13-2013 09:20 PM

ACE sliders look great with Rubi rails! :thumb:

HDFLHX 09-13-2013 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Taking everything off my 12 to put on the 14 Rubi
Attachment 343753

Except the hood louver, cause I don't think the dealer would be to happy with 4 cut outs and a bunch of screw holes in the hood!! Lol

Dr.Ew 09-13-2013 09:27 PM

I'm in:

JKUR, looking to maybe swap wheels and tires (Level 8 Tracker 16" with BFG TAs vs. Goodyear DTs...)
Definitely adding hitch bumpers front and rear, moving my winch over from the TJ.
Waterproof seat covers will be an essential, so my next Jeep gets less of the wet dog smell.
I am looking at fabricating some manner of rear cargo area cover. I have an idea to try and fabricate a retractable mesh that could be clipped to the tailgate, or could be extended up to the rollbar to act as a wind breaker/shield for the rear passengers.

AmIgone 09-13-2013 09:31 PM

Well I'll be a first time jeep owner with my Copperhead JKUR. So I'll be following this thread closely. MODS I plan on are, 2.5" lift,(like to go taller but wifes has to be able to get in/out) 35's, front, rear bumper & winch. I'm not sure what company to even look at for good quality parts. Like wheels, are there better ones that others or is it just the look you want? I think for a winch I'd go Warn. Not a clue on the bumpers, there's just to many to choose from.

StarBrite 09-13-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmIgone (Post 4555089)
Well I'll be a first time jeep owner with my Copperhead JKUR. So I'll be following this thread closely. MODS I plan on are, 2.5" lift,(like to go taller but wifes has to be able to get in/out) 35's, front, rear bumper & winch. I'm not sure what company to even look at for good quality parts. Like wheels, are there better ones that others or is it just the look you want? I think for a winch I'd go Warn. Not a clue on the bumpers, there's just to many to choose from.

If your wife is vertically challenged, look at the ACE sliders. Not only good protection while wheeling, they are also a step up into the jeep. (And look great installed with Rubi rails!)

Pair that with a pair of Welcome Distributing GraBars and she should have a much easier time getting in and out. :thumb:

I'm not an expert on wheels, so I'll leave that to some of the others.

Warn winches are good, but there are several others that are on the same level at a fraction of the cost. Engo, SuperWinch and there are even some guys that run the Harbor Freight winches. Money they save on the HF winch equals more mods, and it doesn't hurt the wallet too bad if you wind up having to replace it.

As for bumpers, it's probably easiest to decide what size you like best, full - mid - stubby, then try to narrow it down from there. If you're looking at all three, you will definitely be overwhelmed!

Congratulations on your new jeep! We love our Billet jeep so much, we decided to get a second! :happyyes:

donmeca2020 09-13-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI (Post 4554497)
I like this thread better then the other one :D

Ive been really racking my brain on mods to order, The day it rolls off the truck and i get her home im making the tint appointment to get her limo-ed out

Next immediate mod im doing will be the trailer hitch and wiring, the only thing im debating is if i should just do the tire carrier with the hitch built in since im getting 35's probably next year (or earlier) and will need a tire carrier, im pretty much sold on the LOD rear bumper.

Ill also probably be ordering the ace rock rails in the next few weeks, probably the day i get the email saying she went into production!

And over the next few weeks ill be ordering most of the parts to make my own "s-pod" type system...

Front bumper im totally lost on, not sure what i want to do there. Mid Width, Full Width or stubby bumper. On top of that im not sure which look im trying to achieve with my copperhead. Stinger Bumper is out of the question and im not entirely sold on the smitty built M.O.D bumper due to many fellow jeepers having issues with it.

I'm actually thinking about getting some dirty dog straps in orange. just unsure if it'll go good with our copperhead.

the Kolector 09-13-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 4554345)
:hijacked:

We saw a Steel Blue in North Carolina over the summer. That is an AWESOME jeep color!

Thanks! Its really the only color I like, taking black and white out of the options.....well, I like the Copperhead too.

3PedalMINI 09-14-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 4557017)
I'm actually thinking about getting some dirty dog straps in orange. just unsure if it'll go good with our copperhead.

Interesting! I would hope they are darker orange?

I should post pictures, My brother and mom took the time to make some safari straps for his jeep that turned out incredible. Black nylon and most of the stitching was lime green to match his gecko.

I think it is one of the best looking nets i have ever seen on a jeep...IIRC it took them FOREVER to build though haha

donmeca2020 09-14-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI (Post 4562281)
Interesting! I would hope they are darker orange?

I should post pictures, My brother and mom took the time to make some safari straps for his jeep that turned out incredible. Black nylon and most of the stitching was lime green to match his gecko.

I think it is one of the best looking nets i have ever seen on a jeep...IIRC it took them FOREVER to build though haha

i honestly think the straps are more bright orange, sorta like for the crush models..i think it might be a nice contrast actually.... i was thinking of getting a spiderwebshade too but started to wonder if i would really use it alot ? idk

StarBrite 09-14-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 4564385)
i honestly think the straps are more bright orange, sorta like for the crush models..i think it might be a nice contrast actually.... i was thinking of getting a spiderwebshade too but started to wonder if i would really use it alot ? idk

In Florida, if you plan to run with the top off, a SpiderWebShade is DEFINITELY worth the money. You still get light and air, it just takes that BEATING sun feeling away. I think it's SPF 50, too. Seriously, not a joke! SWS is one of my other planned firsts, I just have to actually SEE mine to decide what color to go with. :happyyes:

donmeca2020 09-14-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 4565793)
In Florida, if you plan to run with the top off, a SpiderWebShade is DEFINITELY worth the money. You still get light and air, it just takes that BEATING sun feeling away. I think it's SPF 50, too. Seriously, not a joke! SWS is one of my other planned firsts, I just have to actually SEE mine to decide what color to go with. :happyyes:

thats the same with me, unsure what will look best with Copperhead pearl.

3PedalMINI 09-15-2013 03:55 PM

Alright, I decided! Im going with the LOD rear bumper & Tire Carrier W/ Hitch, Lights, Highmount Jack mount AND Jerry Can Holders.

Going to pick that up at the quadratec tent event next month...get 10% off! :D

donmeca2020 09-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI (Post 4595337)
Alright, I decided! Im going with the LOD rear bumper & Tire Carrier W/ Hitch, Lights, Highmount Jack mount AND Jerry Can Holders.

Going to pick that up at the quadratec tent event next month...get 10% off! :D

NICE !!! im thinking of some of those grabars first and a couple small things first, then i'll start working on lift and wheels etc.

StarBrite 09-15-2013 09:41 PM

You guys are just racking up the mods!

When are you all gonna start showing pictures of your mod stash?

:D

Martini87 09-16-2013 11:20 AM

And i joined... :happyyes:

jon snow 09-16-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 4567609)
thats the same with me, unsure what will look best with Copperhead pearl.

Never heard of SpiderWebShades before, but they look like a great :cool: (and inexpensive) idea. Thinking black would look best against Copper, same as other trim (tops, fenders, roll bars). I'm fair skinned, so this would be very helpful with the top off.

donmeca2020 09-16-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon snow (Post 4620217)
Never heard of SpiderWebShades before, but they look like a great :cool: (and inexpensive) idea. Thinking black would look best against Copper, same as other trim (tops, fenders, roll bars). I'm fair skinned, so this would be very helpful with the top off.

same here !! SWS are usually around $115 i think... depending on where you order it from.

i been meaning to ask you, don't take offense, but whats up with the twilight character in your avatar ? :lmao:

jon snow 09-16-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 4620425)
same here !! SWS are usually around $115 i think... depending on where you order it from.

i been meaning to ask you, don't take offense, but whats up with the twilight character in your avatar ? :lmao:

No offense taken, however you've identified the avatar incorrectly :nonono:. The avatar and username are actually a character from the HBO Series "Game of Thrones". It's a sword & sorcery fantasy show based on a series of novels by George R.R. Martin called "A Song of Ice and Fire". Similar to The Lord of the Rings, if that helps.

My wife and daughter are into all the Twilight stuff. Not my bag of tea, though.

zuber 09-16-2013 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SWS is $101.98 with the wrangler forum discount. I got it delivered here in 3 days. I forgot the code, but it is on this forum somewhere. If I find it I will reply to this thread. I just got a JKUR 2014 and this was my first mod because Dallas can get sunny!