Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Johnson Valley, Bullfrog Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/johnson-valley-bullfrog-trail-29206.html)

4point 04-15-2009 02:58 PM

Johnson Valley, Bullfrog Trail

Would anyone be interested in doing a Memorial Day weekend run? May 23,24 & 25, 2009

Bullfrog Trail?

3 day weekend?

Camping?

Would it be too busy there?

Would it be too Hottt?

How about it SoCal people? We would need someone who is familiar with the trail to guide us. I have never been there but really want to go.

stevens243 04-15-2009 04:22 PM

Sorry, Rob. Never done that trail (like to in the future tho) and I'll be in Michigan that weekend.

4point 04-16-2009 11:28 AM

OK, a bunch of stuff is coming up for me locally :punk: so I'm going to mothball this idea/run until Novemberish. :D If anyone wants to do this sign on! We have plenty of time to plan it out. ;) I really want to do this run dammit!!!!

stevens243 04-16-2009 08:48 PM

Well in that case, I'm in for November.

Don't need you pissed at me!

4point 04-16-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 356549)
Well in that case, I'm in for November.

Don't need you pissed at me!

:D

No I'm not pissed, I was on a couple local forums and found plenty of activity starting May 1st and running through the summer. Trail openings, trail repairs, and trail runs...........

MrBash 04-18-2009 03:23 AM

I'll run Bullfrog with ya. Ran it about 9 times now.

Sunday the 26th, we are running cakewalk which is a little tougher than bullfrog. It intertwines with bullfrog at several points. Come on out if you like.

Other than that, I'm available to wheel on any Sunday. Just send me a PM and we'll get it going!

EDIT: On the April 26th run, No stock Jeeps please. Only modified vehicles and experienced drivers (I'm not the organizer). Any other time, You're all welcome.

Unlimited 04-18-2009 09:56 AM

I'm in for November. How about 6th-8th? (or 20th-22nd?)

I've never run that trail, perhaps Mr. Bash would be willing to lead the run?

Rob, I'll help put it together if you like.

MrBash 04-18-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 357112)

November>?????????????

We'll be dead before then. Let's run it on May 3rd Sunday.

What ya say? We'll make it a day run and then we can go back in November for the camping.

4point 04-18-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 357112)

This sounds good Unlimited. Either weekend is fine at this point, lets let this evolve and see whats good for others too. I'd love to have you're help on this as you are the "Master Planer". :punk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBash (Post 357125)
November>?????????????

What ya say? We'll make it a day run and then we can go back in November for the camping.

Mr. Bash I'd really like for you go on this, one for your knowledge of the trail and two, because you bring (from what I've heard) awesome vittles. :D
We obviously have plenty of time to plan.

I will have a hard time finding time before then because of local off-roading commitments.

MrBash 04-18-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 357148)
This sounds good Unlimited. Either weekend is fine at this point, lets let this evolve and see whats good for others too. I'd love to have you're help on this as you are the "Master Planer". :punk:

Mr. Bash I'd really like for you go on this, one for your knowledge of the trail and two, because you bring (from what I've heard) awesome vittles. :D
We obviously have plenty of time to plan.

I will have a hard time finding time before then because of local off-roading commitments.

I did not realize you lived that far away. You guys plan it and I'll join. I'm OK with camping, I should be able to make the arrangements.

Unlimited 04-18-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBash (Post 357125)
November>?????????????

I could do a May 3rd day run....

Let me know where you want to meet up. Maybe we can get some of the other So Cal folks to join in as well.

4point 04-18-2009 01:59 PM

:mad:
You guys are killing me, I really really really want to do this trail.

Let me check see if I can rearrange my calendar, I'll get back to you. :D:rofl:

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:02 PM

I started a new thread for this, it's official!. Click Here!

Come on 4Point....cancell everything Bullfrogs callin...

4point 04-18-2009 02:25 PM

I still want to do a WF West Coast event (camping) weekend in November. Don't let this die.

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 357180)
I still want to do a WF West Coast event (camping) weekend in November. Don't let this die.

Would love to do that! I live to camp. My better half bought me a camping kitchen for christmas and I haven't used it yet.

Unlimited 04-18-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 357180)

November is still on... 3 day camping weekend in JV. A day trip will let us pre-run the trail and check out places to camp. I haven't been out to Johnson Valley since I quit racing District 37 Enduros almost 20 years ago. I'm looking forward to checkin' it out again. Hopefully we can get the whole WF Westside crew out there in November and maybe add a few more.

Jerry better come out in November, I've got a bottle of Single Malt I waitin' to open....

SoCal147 09-14-2009 10:37 AM

What days in November. I am in Hesperia. Should be getting my Jeep today. I may be physically OOC by the run date, but we shall see.

Patrick

Levinoss 09-14-2009 10:42 AM

Quick shoot down the zombies before they spread!

SoCal147 09-17-2009 07:38 AM

^^ Too old to post ???

4point 09-17-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal147 (Post 442599)
^^ Too old to post ???

No, not to old to post. I am out on all runs this year or until the economy recovers. In other words until I get a J-O-B. :mad:

Any others that would like to put together a run should take the initiative set one up. Please! :punk:

Jerry Bransford 09-22-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 357346)
November is still on... 3 day camping weekend in JV. A day trip will let us pre-run the trail and check out places to camp. I haven't been out to Johnson Valley since I quit racing District 37 Enduros almost 20 years ago. I'm looking forward to checkin' it out again. Hopefully we can get the whole WF Westside crew out there in November and maybe add a few more.

Jerry better come out in November, I've got a bottle of Single Malt I waitin' to open....

Heh that sounds good, I'll be there if the Jeep is still ok by that date. What trails are on the agenda?