Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Bullfrog Trail in JV - May 3, Sunday (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/bullfrog-trail-in-jv-may-3-sunday-29327.html)

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:00 PM

Bullfrog Trail in JV - May 3, Sunday

Wake Up WF SoCal Peeps. If we don;t get more than 5 rigs from here joining us I'm selling my Jeep DAMNIT!

ok, ok, I'm just kidding, I wouldn't sell my Jeep...NOOOO.

Here is the plan. So by now I'm sure plenty of you have heard about the new Bullfrog Trail in Johnson Valley. It's a very slow crawling trail with practically no dust. The terrain is sand-paper like (like MOAB) which makes traction excellent, except for the parts where the ground gives away and you're done...SCared yet? :firedevil: (DAMN I'm evil!)

Ok, enough of the jokes.

Meeting time will be HWY 247 and camp rock rd at 10:00am.

Vehicle Limit: 12 VEHICLES MAX
Vehicle Requirements: Please make sure you have front and rear tow hooks and at least a rear locker to get through this trail.
Desert: The desert will be hot in Mayso bring plenty of water and gatorade.

We'll gladly help all get through and NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!

Looking forward to wheeling with WF peeps so come on out.

RAWKON - CHIME IN, MISS YA BUDDY!

So who's wheeling?

4point 04-18-2009 02:09 PM

1. How long does it take to do the trail? (average)
2. My rear is an LSD and front is open.
3. This run is between two others I have planned.

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:16 PM

1. How long does it take to do the trail? (average) = 3 - 4 hours

2. My rear is an LSD and front is open. = Depending on your experience, you have to make the call. My diffs are open front and back and I get through just fine. Proper wheel placement + physics = success!

3. This run is between two others I have planned. = keyword: BETWEEN = PERFECT TIMING.

I need to move your name from the "maybe's" to the "attendees". Let me know when.

Attendees:
MrBash
Unlimited

Maybe's
4Point

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBash (Post 357168)
Wake Up WF SoCal Peeps. If we don;t get more than 5 rigs from here joining us I'm selling my Jeep DAMNIT!

ok, ok, I'm just kidding, I wouldn't sell my Jeep...NOOOO.

Here is the plan. So by now I'm sure plenty of you have heard about the new Bullfrog Trail in Johnson Valley. It's a very slow crawling trail with practically no dust. The terrain is sand-paper like (like MOAB) which makes traction excellent, except for the parts where the ground gives away and you're done...SCared yet? :firedevil: (DAMN I'm evil!)

Ok, enough of the jokes.

Meeting time will be HWY 247 and camp rock rd at 10:00am.

Vehicle Limit: 12 VEHICLES MAX
Vehicle Requirements: Please make sure you have front and rear tow hooks and at least a rear locker to get through this trail.
Desert: The desert will be hot in Mayso bring plenty of water and gatorade.

We'll gladly help all get through and NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!

Looking forward to wheeling with WF peeps so come on out.

RAWKON - CHIME IN, MISS YA BUDDY!

So who's wheeling?

Attendees
MrBash
Unlimited

Maybe's
4Point

4point 04-18-2009 02:21 PM

In!

MrBash 04-18-2009 02:33 PM

Attendees
MrBash
Unlimited
4Point

Maybe's

Unlimited 04-18-2009 11:54 PM

Hey Bash, do you really think a rear locker is a requirement? There are a few people that I think would like to come but are open in the back. Tiny's rig is unlocked on 31's and she wheels with the best of them. I agree whole heartedly with your statement about wheel placement. If you wheel with your head instead of your skinny pedal, you can get through just about anything. And if all else fails, that's what straps are for. (Just my 2 cents.) Anyway, it's your run, so you get to set the requirements.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, I'll see you Sunday morning (5/3) at 10:00am.

Jerry Bransford 04-19-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 357359)
Hey Bash, do you really think a rear locker is a requirement?

He said he gets through the trail fine with open axles front and rear. :)

4point 04-19-2009 06:47 PM

Bump! we need more participants. Come on Socal lets go!

MrBash 04-20-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 357359)
Hey Bash, do you really think a rear locker is a requirement? There are a few people that I think would like to come but are open in the back. Tiny's rig is unlocked on 31's and she wheels with the best of them. I agree whole heartedly with your statement about wheel placement. If you wheel with your head instead of your skinny pedal, you can get through just about anything. And if all else fails, that's what straps are for. (Just my 2 cents.) Anyway, it's your run, so you get to set the requirements.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, I'll see you Sunday morning (5/3) at 10:00am.

Let me clarify:

Real Locker is recommended but NOT REQUIRED! I have open-diffs front and back so who ever wants to join us who feels they are capable, please feel free to join!

1sickrubicon 04-20-2009 04:35 PM

I am in put me down please:D

4point 04-20-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sickrubicon (Post 358211)

:punk:

MrBash 04-20-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sickrubicon (Post 358211)

Welcome Miguel! This will be a blast!

Attendees
MrBash
Unlimited
4Point
1sickrubicon

Maybe's

stevens243 04-20-2009 08:59 PM

I'd love to go. My wife has friends coming to town for the weekend and I'll get...

Well, it wouldn't be pretty. So, I'm out.

4point 04-20-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 358411)
I'd love to go. My wife has friends coming to town for the weekend and I'll get...

:crash:

Dammit man!

MrBash 04-20-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 358411)

Oh Come on....you're telling me we're only going to have ONE yellow jeep with us....that's just wrong man. :wavey:

stevens243 04-21-2009 12:18 AM

I know. I'm playing little scenarios out in my head:

"honey, I don't feel well, so I'm gonna take the jeep and..."

"baby, I've got to run up the I-15 a few hundred miles, I'll be right back..."

"sweetheart, if I don't get another 500 miles on these new MT/R's by Sunday, they'll be ruined and we'll have to spend another grand at discount tire..." <hey, that one might work, she is blonde after all> :)

Rawkon 04-21-2009 12:25 AM

put me down as a maybe. I have some testing that saturday and ill have to see what the wifey has planned. I just ran gold mountain and it was a blast. that trail is getting tore up and i love it hahaha. :punk:

MrBash 04-21-2009 12:46 AM

Attendees
MrBash
Unlimited
4Point
1sickrubicon

Maybe's
Rawkon

4point 04-21-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 358492)
put me down as a maybe. I have some testing that saturday and ill have to see what the wifey has planned. I just ran gold mountain and it was a blast. that trail is getting tore up and i love it hahaha. :punk:

Rawk. the run is on Sunday. No excuse now!? :D

stevens243 04-21-2009 02:16 PM

Wait...Sunday???

Hmmmm...I might be IN. Let me get my liberty chit filled out and run it by the wife. Let you know tonight.

stevens243 04-21-2009 09:06 PM

Ok guys, I have permission from the wife. Be a late night on Saturday and an early day on Sunday and Monday will suck worse than normal, but mark me down as a participant.

2 yellow jeeps for Mr. Bash.

I meet the hardware requirements for the trip. :)

4point 04-21-2009 09:09 PM

:cool:
................ this is working out.

turdhurdler 04-21-2009 11:33 PM

Wish I could join everyone, just got my lift delivered today. But I have to work that weekend.

Jeff

Unlimited 04-22-2009 04:36 PM

Much as I hate to say this.... I may have to beg out of this one.

Earlier this week the transmission in my Jeep started acting up and was randomly falling into "limp" mode and kicking the CEL on. I got it into the mechanics on Monday evening and he is still trying to figure it out. He says that when he hooked it up to his computer, it listed about 14 different transmission related codes. He's been working on it all day, as of a few minutes ago he has the problem narrowed down to about six or seven possible problems. He is going to clear the codes tonight and then have me drive it to work tomorrow and then take it back to him to see if it will narrow down the list of possible problems.

Bottom line is: If I have it back before next Sunday, Iíll be there. Otherwise.....

As a side note I'd just like to mention that my Jeep just turned 71k miles and has fallen out of warranty just in time for a major component failure..... Just my luck!

4point 04-22-2009 04:52 PM

Hope you get it fixed Brian.
I had the same luck with my warranty on my Chevy when the dash board went out.

stevens243 04-22-2009 11:12 PM

Jeez Brian, you been feeding your tranny the cheap stuff?

I hope it's an easy fix (read: inexpensive) and you get er done so you can come out!

Unlimited 04-23-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 359668)
Jeez Brian, you been feeding your tranny the cheap stuff?

I hope it's an easy fix (read: inexpensive) and you get er done so you can come out!

Nope... only use quality synthetics.

Drove it to work today.... 30 miles and the CEL comes on and it goes into limp mode five minutes later. Drove in 2nd for the last 6 miles to work. Left work this afternoon and the CEL stayed on but it never went into "limp" mode. Took it to the mechanic and pulled codes.... only one this time! Indicated problem was one of the solenoids. Mechanic says I should have it back by end of day on Tuesday. Total cost will only be a few hundred $'s.

So..... I'm back in!

tiny terror 04-24-2009 12:26 AM

Have fun guys. With our impending move and the fact my front diff is leaking, we're going to have miss this one.

4point 04-24-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 360205)
Nope... only use quality synthetics.

Drove it to work today.... 30 miles and the CEL comes on and it goes into limp mode five minutes later. Drove in 2nd for the last 6 miles to work. Left work this afternoon and the CEL stayed on but it never went into "limp" mode. Took it to the mechanic and pulled codes.... only one this time! Indicated problem was one of the solenoids. Mechanic says I should have it back by end of day on Tuesday. Total cost will only be a few hundred $'s.

So..... I'm back in!

Woo Hoo :punk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 360230)
Have fun guys. With our impending move and the fact my front diff is leaking, we're going to have miss this one.

Maybe you guys can ride shotgun with someone.
We'll miss you two.