Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Any One In Roanoke VA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/any-one-in-roanoke-va-29396.html)

nokeguy 04-20-2009 09:08 AM

Any One In Roanoke VA

Roanoke VA Jeep Owners? Anyone?

I am in Roanoke VA and am looking for land to Jeep on... And looking for a few Jeepin friends to get rowdy with.

97 wrangler 04-22-2009 07:27 AM

the is a jeep jambo this weekin at the cove near winchester

3forks 04-26-2009 06:22 PM

I just picked up a 97 Wrangler Sport a couple of weeks ago. Its still on stock suspension. Haven't done much with it yet other than a couple of forest service roads with some nice water crossings.

Theres some decent info about trails over on SWVA4W and NRV Jeep Club.

joshk707 05-03-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nokeguy (Post 357881)
Roanoke VA Jeep Owners? Anyone?

I am in Roanoke VA and am looking for land to Jeep on... And looking for a few Jeepin friends to get rowdy with.

im in roanoke, just got a 09 X unlimited and never been off road, looking for someone to teach me a couple of things. :wavey: we should get together sometime.

Wrangler06 07-25-2010 04:48 PM

im in Roanoke! right downtown, would LOVE to find off road places

tlucado 09-05-2010 11:15 PM

Im in salem and i have a 97 tj and im looking for places to ride and other jeep owners to go wheeling with too.

Wrangler06 11-27-2010 09:53 PM

roanoke jeepers want to get together sometime???

tlucado 11-28-2010 02:04 PM

yeah man. PM me when a time and place gets set up.

Wrangler06 11-28-2010 07:11 PM

i dont know many places closs, went to a place called Broad Run but its just a bunch of creek crossings and gravel trails through the woods, one mud hole and a big dried up creek bed to play around in, i wanna do potts mountain jeep trail but they recommend 33's at minimum..im out :( haha had a buddy go up there but his jeep is sittin on 38's soo yea haha

domeshots 11-28-2010 07:14 PM

im down in Radford we should get together sometime. Hopefully we dont get as much snow around here this year

Wrangler06 11-28-2010 08:58 PM

are you kiddin??? i cant wait for the snow! and i used to live in radford, for about 10 years, out on Rock Road above campus

Conrad85 11-30-2010 05:53 PM

I'm also in Radford. Have you found any public areas near here?

Wrangler06 11-30-2010 06:03 PM

i have a friend that lives in blackburg and said there were some places out towards shawsville..

Work4Mud 12-01-2010 10:09 AM

Hey Roanoke Jeepers, Im right near the airport and would love to get together and get muddy or hit a trail sometime. PM me!

Wrangler06 12-02-2010 12:18 AM

work4mud-love your jeep its looks awesome! i work in hollins and live downtown so your right in the middle and im around the airport all the time but have never seen that jeep..hmm wierd.. yea if anyone finds some nice places let me know!!

Work4Mud 12-02-2010 11:41 AM

I pmed you

MARKHADR 12-10-2010 08:54 AM

Yep,
Live in Roanoke also and have only been able to do a few Forestry roads over in Eagle Rock. They just take you thrue a couple of creeks. Cant wait til we get a good snow.....

GrNMoNsTr--93YJ 12-30-2010 12:26 PM

Another Roanoke Jeeper here. Already talked to Work4Mud about getting together this weekend so Wrangler06 if you want to join in PM me and I'll send you my number. And I may live closer to y'all than I thought. I live about five minutes from both the airport and Hollins. haha. Its a small world. I don't have any plans tomorrow or any day this weekend yet so hit me up guys.

Wrangler06 12-30-2010 10:32 PM

ahhhh i work saturday and sunday both, i live in Roanoke while im at school but im at home for winter break right now about an hour away and drivin back and forth to work grr :( But i ordered my new 31's the other night, 3 of them are in Roanoke At UPS and the 4th is still in Georgia?? wtf haha but they should all be here soon so ill have to test them out so we should all go the next week or so!!

Wrangler06 12-30-2010 10:36 PM

tlucado- just saw your comment you'll have to go with us somtime, would be good to have another 4 banger!! i feel left out with all the 4L's lol

GrNMoNsTr--93YJ 12-31-2010 09:20 AM

Yeah man. We'll have to get together next week once your tires get in. Or actually just your one tire. haha. But me and Work4Mud are trying to make it out to some trails today I believe if anyone wants to join. Wish you could be here to join us Wrangler06. You're up in Raddy right? or did you move? Let us know when you get the tires and have some spare time next weekend. Same for all the other Roanoke jeepers. If we get a nice big group together I've heard that Shoe Creek is a pretty fun ride so maybe we can check that out.

Wrangler06 01-01-2011 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ive heard of shoe creek but not much about it..and no I go to Jefferson College and live on Campus on Elm Ave in Roanoke...All 4 Tires are now in Wva..bout an hour from me and havent left for a day and a half..it says scheduled delivery is Monday so im guessing they arent delivering on New years day or Sunday but i have to work anyways so monday will be perfect ;] ill post pics up when i get them..

Work4Mud 01-01-2011 08:43 AM

Me and the green monster had a nice little wheelin trip. Hit a trail here in Roanoke for new years eve, hope to have a few more people next time.

GrNMoNsTr--93YJ 01-01-2011 01:19 PM

Wrangler06 - We'll be hitting some trails next weekend I think so you're more than welcome to tag along.
and Work4Mud - Do you have a link where I can get those pictures? I checked to see if you posted them somewhere else on here but couldn't find them. If you haven't posted em could you send em to my phone? Thanks man.

We definitely need more people to come out next time. I know we aren't the only two Roanoke Jeepers that love to get muddy on some trails.

Work4Mud 01-01-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrNMoNsTr--93YJ
Wrangler06 - We'll be hitting some trails next weekend I think so you're more than welcome to tag along.
and Work4Mud - Do you have a link where I can get those pictures? I checked to see if you posted them somewhere else on here but couldn't find them. If you haven't posted em could you send em to my phone? Thanks man.

We definitely need more people to come out next time. I know we aren't the only two Roanoke Jeepers that love to get muddy on some trails.

Pictures wouldn't load, I'll text them.

Wrangler06 01-01-2011 06:40 PM

what trail do you two ride?? ill definitely be down once i get back to roanoke for good lol i get off work at 3 next saturday which is kinda late to go, but off sunday ;]

Work4Mud 01-01-2011 06:47 PM

People call it The Gap, its off Catawba Road in Daleville. Runs through to 311 in Craig county I think. A nice mild-medium trail, crosses rivers and creek beds, good mud holes and some other trails that branch off.

GrNMoNsTr--93YJ 01-01-2011 07:24 PM

Plus I think the official trail name is Broad Run because there is a little country store on the Craig County side called Broad Run something or the other and I've heard a lot of people talking about it around Roanoke when I'm with my other friends that wheel a lot. Whatever its called its fun as hell. Its a nice fairly simple ride. My neighbor had no problem in his stock 2.5L 97 TJ today even with the ice and mud all over the trail.

Wrangler06 01-01-2011 10:00 PM

ahhhh guys!! ive been there like 3 times and found out if you go off the trail just 1 foot its a $1,000 fine, you can go up and down the trail but if you go off to the sides its a fine :(

Wrangler06 01-01-2011 10:02 PM

ive went from the craig county side where the Broad Run station is and went through to the end which comes out (after a couple of turns on the main road) to botetourt high school on catawba road, ive only seen one mude hole and went through it several times lol my avatar pic was takin up there