Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Newbie with questions on Zone's 4.25" TJ Combo Lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/newbie-with-questions-on-zones-4-25-tj-combo-lift-294281.html)

Gravy1159 09-15-2013 02:04 PM

Newbie with questions on Zone's 4.25" TJ Combo Lift

Hello everyone!
New here and have a question on the quality of Zone's
4.25" TJ Combo Lift. Everything sounds pretty good about it. I would like to hear from anyone that has done this lift and how long it has been installed. How reliable has it been and how does it drive on the street?
I just got back into Jeeps with a new to us 2006 Wrangler X.:iamhappy:
We have 31ís on now but would like to get 33ís in the future. I have a complete list of things to install on our TJ. I will be asking more questions down the road.
Any help would be awesome!
Thanks,
Dave

JeepandMud 09-15-2013 02:43 PM

I've had this setup on my rig for the past 3 years now and have greatly enjoyed it. You'll hear people tell you to go with OEM or something similar. But the end decision is up to you. Anyways, it handles on road well and I don't feel every pothole or dip in the road like I did with my stock. It's gotten me out of some tough winters here in Colorado with no problem. Yea, your still going to feel every speed bump in neighborhoods, but honestly I don't really have any issues. The thing that I've noticed from coming to a stop at 40 mph is that the Jeep will want to jerk to the left. And on highways with the higher clearance and wind, it will drift ever so slightly. Not so much where you'll have to grip the wheel with both hands, but you'll notice it on the highway a little bit. I have enough clearance off roading to get over almost every obstacle, save for the huge boulders. But having the JKS disconnects helps to :).

Would I recommend this setup? Absolutely. I actually made my decision from talking to a fellow local Jeeper and from asking a lot of questions. Only thing I would recommend for you, should you decide to go for it, is to get a new steering stabilizer. If not, your gonna be possibly skidding on dry pavement going around turns at 10 mph. And if your planning on flexing a lot off road, you can get the JKS disconnects with the package. Good luck in your decision, and remember to not go away from the Zone just because there are a few people who don't like this kit and who have never run it.

Gravy1159 09-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepandMud (Post 4593993)
I've had this setup on my rig for the past 3 years now and have greatly enjoyed it. You'll hear people tell you to go with OEM or something similar. But the end decision is up to you. Anyways, it handles on road well and I don't feel every pothole or dip in the road like I did with my stock. It's gotten me out of some tough winters here in Colorado with no problem. Yea, your still going to feel every speed bump in neighborhoods, but honestly I don't really have any issues. The thing that I've noticed from coming to a stop at 40 mph is that the Jeep will want to jerk to the left. And on highways with the higher clearance and wind, it will drift ever so slightly. Not so much where you'll have to grip the wheel with both hands, but you'll notice it on the highway a little bit. I have enough clearance off roading to get over almost every obstacle, save for the huge boulders. But having the JKS disconnects helps to :).

Would I recommend this setup? Absolutely. I actually made my decision from talking to a fellow local Jeeper and from asking a lot of questions. Only thing I would recommend for you, should you decide to go for it, is to get a new steering stabilizer. If not, your gonna be possibly skidding on dry pavement going around turns at 10 mph. And if your planning on flexing a lot off road, you can get the JKS disconnects with the package. Good luck in your decision, and remember to not go away from the Zone just because there are a few people who don't like this kit and who have never run it.

Thanks for all the info.
I think I will be doing the Zone 4,25" lift with the quick disconnects. It is our daily driver also so the info on the hwy driving is great info. I will get a new steering stabilizer also.
Dave

AOR 09-16-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravy1159 (Post 4595313)
Thanks for all the info.
I think I will be doing the Zone 4,25" lift with the quick disconnects. It is our daily driver also so the info on the hwy driving is great info. I will get a new steering stabilizer also.
Dave

If you would like pricing on this product, I can help. Check out the thread here. I would also recommend a new adjustable front track bar. With the 3" spring lift portion of the kit, the instructions have you drill a new hole 3/4" over on the axle side track bar mount. This works but is not a proper solution but more of a budget conscious thing. When drilling the hole there is less material left for support and, if not perfectly drilled, can lead to issues (elongation of hole, DW, etc..).

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Namaste,

Allen

NC Bear 09-16-2013 02:41 PM

Spend the money on the adj. track bar the re drill is 1/2 assed and caused me problems. Adj. track bar fixed my issues in 2 minutes... (well maybe a little longer than that for the install lol)

bryantom 09-16-2013 04:09 PM

X2 on the adjustable track bar. I drilled the hole and my axle is still shifted to one side, and drilling the hole is a little bit of a pain