Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   Price of lift install (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/price-of-lift-install-2975.html)

joebob_girrson 09-12-2006 01:03 PM

Price of lift install
 
How much do you guys think it would run me to get a four inch suspension lift installed and get my axles geared. I know different places charge different things but just like an overall estimate. thanks.

Scout 09-12-2006 01:08 PM

What's in the kit? What kind of Jeep?

DownandDirty 09-12-2006 02:16 PM

The lift should run between $500 - $600 complete + $400 - $500 in labor to install.

Gears front and rear including parts (gear sets, bearings, seals, etc.) and labor should run $1000 - $1200 installed.

I personally would find a Ford 8.8 and swap it into the rear before I spent money on the 35.

mrbigjeep 09-12-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownandDirty
The lift should run between $500 - $600 complete + $400 - $500 in labor to install.

Gears front and rear including parts (gear sets, bearings, seals, etc.) and labor should run $1000 - $1200 installed.

I personally would find a Ford 8.8 and swap it into the rear before I spent money on the 35.

oh yeah! it costs a good bit of money to get your axles regeared...if your gonna have em regeared and your gonna run somewhat large tires with some heavy wheelin then you my as well throw in a new axle instead of wastin money into the 35 and then breaking it on the trail...and it depends on where you go as to how much they will charge to install a lift

4Jeepn 09-12-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebob_girrson
How much do you guys think it would run me to get a four inch suspension lift installed and get my axles geared. I know different places charge different things but just like an overall estimate. thanks.


Are you not able to put the lift on yourself?

mrbigjeep 09-12-2006 08:54 PM

that would be great if you could because you will learn so much about the jeep and it will be so much easier to fix stuff when it breaks

1BLKJP 09-13-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjeep
that would be great if you could because you will learn so much about the jeep and it will be so much easier to fix stuff when it breaks

This statement our young friend is probably the best piece of advice you have given on this board. Great post!!!

mrbigjeep 09-13-2006 04:11 PM

finally! :D thanks

jchapman34 09-13-2006 04:32 PM

I just installed my RC 4" lift...to call it a learning experience would be an understatement. Whereas, I learned a lot about the Jeep, the neighborhood kids learned "adult" vocabulary. :D I tried to keep it down though...now I'm off to install new front breaklines on both the driver and passenger side front...seems there was just enough slack (and more rust than needed) when the axle was lowered. Ruptured both metal lines at once...

All complaining and problems aside...much better to do it yourself. You only need the basics (plus a breaker bar and BFH), any thing else you can pretty much borrow from Autozone or a buddy.

Texapple 09-13-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP
This statement our young friend is probably the best piece of advice you have given on this board. Great post!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjeep
finally! thanks

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky084.gif

don't get any ideas!

:D

bluvikng 09-13-2006 07:39 PM

That is what I love about this forum.........it is a laugh a minute. This is just great...........we have it all, right here. No one even gets hurt, slammed, flamed, or cussed out. Just great ole gettin along with each other, ribbing once in awhile, but we all get along. What a great place to be.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.