Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/)
-   -   New owner with lifted JK (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/new-owner-with-lifted-jk-29794.html)

1rootman 04-28-2009 04:28 PM

New owner with lifted JK
 
I am trying to figure out how high of of lift the previous owner but on. It look like they just changed the springs (they are red) and shocks (they are white no name)? Tires are MT Baja MTL size LT315/17 70R17

Fatbob309 04-28-2009 05:17 PM

pic of jeep?

jeepmiller09 04-28-2009 05:36 PM

well if i am correct 315's are close to 35's so I would say maybe a 3" kit but most 3 do not fit that size so I would say 4 to 6......

BeerMonkeY 04-28-2009 05:52 PM

could be a 3" i run 35's with only a 2"

jeepmiller09 04-29-2009 10:40 AM

wow that must be really tight in the wheel well with only a 2. You have a body lift too?

1rootman 04-29-2009 11:41 AM

From the ground to the bottom of the chassis is 24"

1rootman 04-29-2009 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7966

TeeJay 04-29-2009 12:37 PM

315 is not a tire size. Its the width of the tread in mm from edge to edge. The next number is the percent of the first number

Example: 265 - about 10"

So a 265 75 r15 is ten inches wide with a 7.5" side wall and the last number is the rim dia.

So 10" wide + 7.5" side wall (x2) + 15" rim gives you a 30" x 10" tire size.


Change the second number to 50 and you now have a 25" tire with 10" width

1rootman 04-29-2009 02:33 PM

There is a sticker " i know stickers mean nothing" that say Fortec Customs. DO they do good work?

jeepmiller09 04-29-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeJay (Post 363565)
315 is not a tire size. Its the width of the tread in mm from edge to edge. The next number is the percent of the first number

Example: 265 - about 10"

So a 265 75 r15 is ten inches wide with a 7.5" side wall and the last number is the rim dia.

So 10" wide + 7.5" side wall (x2) + 15" rim gives you a 30" x 10" tire size.


Change the second number to 50 and you now have a 25" tire with 10" width

ok I am lost so what are the tires i am looking for 315/75/16

4point 04-29-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmiller09 (Post 363676)
ok I am lost so what are the tires i am looking for 315/75/16

That basically works out to a 35 12.50 x 16.

bblustang90 04-29-2009 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
that looks very similar to my jk that i bought looks like a 4" with 35's

jeepmiller09 04-30-2009 10:46 AM

ok cool thanks just wanted to make sure i ws not going to be getting like 32 lol

BeerMonkeY 04-30-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmiller09 (Post 363490)
wow that must be really tight in the wheel well with only a 2. You have a body lift too?

no body lift, here it is with stock flares
http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg

here it is with cut flares
http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

AndyLA 05-01-2009 07:40 AM

Beermonkey,
Wow, wheels look great, look like OEM but black.....Are they just painted? What make/model of rims are those?
Do you like your stubby bumper? What kind are you running?
Great Rescue Green too... :)
Thanks,
Andy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.