Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Stupid question..... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/stupid-question-29851.html)

06jeep 04-29-2009 10:55 AM

Stupid question.....
 
Hi all, newbie here and have a stupid question. I have a 06 Jeep TJ
and want to take the doors off, only concern is how the heck do I turn the intirior lights off........

4point 04-29-2009 10:57 AM

There is a fuse behind the glove box that kills the door switch function. (cab light and dinger bell)

jgano23 04-29-2009 10:58 AM

there is a fuse in the box behind the glove box that will disable the lights. or you can do what i do, pull out the "switch" in the door jam.

Eric06Rubi 04-29-2009 11:00 AM

FUSE #4 behind the glovebox

06jeep 04-29-2009 11:01 AM

Thank all

bigtwarren 04-29-2009 12:59 PM

Buy a spring kit from Quadratec, It goes over your little plunger in your door panel. It holds the plunger in so the light goes off, but you can still turn on your overhead light with your light switch, plus everything else works.

4point 04-29-2009 01:02 PM

I have my fuse pulled and everything still works.

603TJ 04-29-2009 06:23 PM

Quadratec also has a small switch kit you can install which disables your lights when the doors are off. Takes about 30 seconds to install- I love it.

stevens243 04-29-2009 06:28 PM

I wonder if quadratec sells fuse pullers??:rolleyes:

jgano23 04-29-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 603TJ (Post 363750)
Quadratec also has a small switch kit you can install which disables your lights when the doors are off. Takes about 30 seconds to install- I love it.

i have a set of those and they don't work. the springs don't hold tight enough so they don't push the button down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtwarren (Post 363595)
Buy a spring kit from Quadratec, It goes over your little plunger in your door panel. It holds the plunger in so the light goes off, but you can still turn on your overhead light with your light switch, plus everything else works.

i had that too and i hated it. anytime someone would lean on the door the lights would come on thinking the door was open.


seriously, don't waste your money just pull the fuse, it is free.

603TJ 04-30-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 363769)
i have a set of those and they don't work. the springs don't hold tight enough so they don't push the button down.



i had that too and i hated it. anytime someone would lean on the door the lights would come on thinking the door was open.


seriously, don't waste your money just pull the fuse, it is free.

I'm talking about an actual Switch kit- not those spring-crap things.
Quadratec Exclusive JW-DLB - TJ Dome Light Switch for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

It ain't free, but the convenience can't be beat.

texascc 04-30-2009 11:48 PM

I've got an even dumber question (just kidding of course). I'm a brand new 06 Jeep owner and I can't find a interior light switch anywhere. Where would I turn ON the lights if I need to see at night (besides opening the door like I do now)?

tiny terror 04-30-2009 11:57 PM

It's on the turn signal lever. It's the dimmer knob next to the headlight knob.

jgano23 05-01-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 603TJ (Post 364440)
I'm talking about an actual Switch kit- not those spring-crap things.
Quadratec Exclusive JW-DLB - TJ Dome Light Switch for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

It ain't free, but the convenience can't be beat.

i know i had that too. it was terrible. every time some one leaned on the door the lights would go on and off. it drove me nuts so i took it out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.