Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Lifts? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/lifts-29874.html)

DanielH 04-29-2009 06:32 PM

Lifts?

So a few people have been telling be that i should not get lifts.. well I want some so how much should i get? I'm thinking about 4''? :confused:

spanky 04-29-2009 07:50 PM

no lift? who are these people?

DanielH 04-29-2009 07:53 PM

Just some people i go to school with

KBR97 04-29-2009 08:19 PM

is that your jeep in your avatar?? Looks like you have a lift already? No?

Oh btw...Its a jeep thing, they wouldn't understand.

Give them one of these...:flipoff:

DanielH 04-29-2009 09:11 PM

nope

No, thats not my jeep. Its a jeep i found on ebay today. I don't have one but i'm going to get one pretty soon, i just put that picture in for fun :)

The jeep i'm actually looking at is a 2 door wrangler red, with a lift, some bigger tires, and then some new rims. I was also thinking on making it diesel with the help of my truck friend. So I was wondering how big the lifts should be on it
haha I know they say its a bad thing to put lifts on a jeep cause it will tip easier, but I am getting lifts so yea they can suck it :flipoff:

Sb5551 04-30-2009 11:26 AM

A lift can lead to problems. Anything that is slightly worn before a lift will break after you put the lift on and drive it. It will/can ride rougher. There is a slight chance it'll tip easier, but don't drive it like a hotrod. You'll spend all of your weekends tinkering with your jeep.

I wouldn't change anything that I have done to put my lift on though. The looks I get and the stuff I can play on now is amazing.

wreckchick 04-30-2009 12:35 PM

If you want someone to tell you lifts are bad, you have come to the wrong place. Pretty much everyone on this site has a lifted Jeep.

Get as much lift as you want! Remember though, the more you lift it, the more issues you have to deal with through the process. I am the *last* person to ask any questions to, but the rest of these guys will have some great advice for you once you have the Jeep and figure out what you want to do to it.

Good luck and have fun!

Rachel

4Jeepn 04-30-2009 12:45 PM

1st decide what you want to do with the jeep. Is the lift for looks? Is it so you can go off-road easier? Is it to drive over ricers? All important questions. Once you figure that out. Then decide how much of a budget you can afford. This will help you to determine what size lift, tires etc you can add. Also don't forget the jeep might need some fixing up before the project starts.

DanielH 04-30-2009 04:35 PM

Haha thats a good point, i wonder what people would saw when everyone has a lifted jeep haha... yea it might make it tip but i have to go with it. Right now i'm still wondering if a 4'' would be good. Or if i should go higher or lower

4point 04-30-2009 04:48 PM

Well you need to figure out what lift is on the jeep your looking at. If you're going to drop a diesel in it, how much does it weigh? <That will effect the front springs. What size tire do want to run?

How much is your budget to do all this?

DanielH 04-30-2009 04:54 PM

Well, i don't have it yet, but once i get it i'm thinking about making it diesel. If i make it diesel i heard that it should give better mpg and some more power to it. for tire size i was thinking about 32'' tires the budget i would say is about 30 grand and its going to be a 2 door red jeep wrangler unless i can get a 4 door at a good price

snwchris 04-30-2009 06:16 PM

I hope you've been doing your research on putting a diesel in a Jeep and the trickle effect of parts that you will need.

Chris

jeeper creeper 05-04-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielH (Post 364345)
Well, i don't have it yet, but once i get it i'm thinking about making it diesel. If i make it diesel i heard that it should give better mpg and some more power to it. for tire size i was thinking about 32'' tires the budget i would say is about 30 grand and its going to be a 2 door red jeep wrangler unless i can get a 4 door at a good price

seriously?

Why switch to diesel?

DanielH 05-10-2009 01:00 PM

Because diesel would give it some more power and increases the mpg it gets. It would also let you smoke people out and the 30 grand budget is an over all of a while. Because i'm getting lifts, new bumpers, rims, and the diesel change if i go with it

jdhallissey 05-10-2009 01:37 PM

I just put on my 4in lift and am not looking back.