Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ Tech Forum (
-   -   Replacing Brake Lines (

jchapman34 09-13-2006 10:52 PM

Replacing Brake Lines
At the risk of embarassing myself...does anyone know why I couldn't run a new front, passenger side brakeline along the firewall? As stated in another post the line broke during a lift installation. Rather than try and bend a new one around the steer box and frame, it seems like it would be easier to run along the firewall (using some hangers to keep the line in place). I talked this over with a few "car" guys, they didn't seem to think it would be an issue. An engineering buddy pointed out, that if "Jeep" wanted it that way that's how they would do it in the factory...valid observation but a lot more work. Am I missing something obvious (feels like it)?

YJ FREAK 10-02-2006 11:19 AM

No embarrassment, you can route the lines how you would like. Jeep kept them on the frame because this is an area that will be hard to damage or move. As long as you route it safely, that means keeping away from heat, rubs, hanging loose, etc... you will be fine. I just had to replace my forward lines and just bent some up myself, but I went with the original route.