Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   quick disco (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/quick-disco-30233.html)

GoodLife 05-06-2009 05:04 PM

quick disco
 
I am wanting to put sway bar quick disconnects on my '02 Jeep. I have a 2" BB. Will this one work?

Skyjacker Quick Disconnect Front Sway Bar Links
For 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited w/ 2.5"-4" Lift

I am concerned because it's sized for 2.5" lift. Should I just keep looking for one for a 0"-2" lift?

4point 05-06-2009 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Are these the ones you are looking at. If so there are better ones for not much more money.
Attachment 8138

I've installed bot the RE Quick Disc. II and the JKS. They both are great units and won't rattle or be as difficult to disconnect and reconnect. :punk:

GoodLife 05-06-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 368533)
Are these the ones you are looking at. If so there are better ones for not much more money.
Attachment 8138

I've installed bot the RE Quick Disc. II and the JKS. They both are great units and won't rattle or be as difficult to disconnect and reconnect. :punk:


Not exactly, but they look pretty close. I am really trying to figure out if the size matters. I see them listed for 0-2" lift, 2-4" lift, or these 2.5"-4" lift. I have a 2" lift. Does it really matter which size I go with for the discos?

Sb5551 05-06-2009 10:29 PM

I would go with a 2-4" incase you plan to go bigger, but definatly look up the JKS disconnects.

stevens243 05-06-2009 11:15 PM

x2 on JKS! Wonderful product!!

Timberman 05-07-2009 10:50 AM

X3 on JKS Quicker Disconnects.. They are like $140 and all the other products pale in comparison.. Seriously, my buddy just installed a RE4.5" Superflex which came with their disconnects and they are sooo much thinner than mine.. Most shops will agree that JKS are the best on the market.. Also, they have a nice integrated mount which installs on the frame.. Very nice!!

booger 05-07-2009 01:11 PM

to save $100, i've stuck with turning a wrench. it's on par with the PITA of "quick" disconnects.

if you want a real solution, get a SwayLoc.

stevens243 05-07-2009 05:39 PM

Booger: I can have my discos off and pinned to the frame, move my jeep in a circle and re-park and reconnect before the wrench guys can get theirs off.

The $100.00 in "savings" is worth it to me.

Timberman 05-07-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 369136)
Booger: I can have my discos off and pinned to the frame, move my jeep in a circle and re-park and reconnect before the wrench guys can get theirs off.

The $100.00 in "savings" is worth it to me.

Amen brother!!!! Me too!! My time is worth the most to me..

jdhallissey 05-07-2009 07:59 PM

how bout this you use your stock and make them for 15 bucks. Clever pins and some washers with 2 cotter pins and done. Cost me 15 bucks

joemd60 05-07-2009 08:06 PM

I am sorry to sound dumb but I am still learning here. The quick disconnects, is that to replace your stock stabilizer bar? And what is the reason for the disconnect, better flexing on the trails? Thanks:)

jdhallissey 05-07-2009 08:08 PM

^ they are connected now then when you get to the trail you disconnect them so your swaybar doesn't limit axle movement. Again he can take his stock ones and spend 15 bucks and have quick disco's.

joemd60 05-07-2009 08:15 PM

I see, thanks jd.

jdhallissey 05-07-2009 08:38 PM

^ yup yup- I was actually one of the first people to drive the pic inyour avay but with a whipple at the dearborn test track!!

joemd60 05-07-2009 09:00 PM

My StepDad still will not me or anyone drive his 67. I like the new body style... someday.:)

GoodLife 05-08-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhallissey (Post 369218)
how bout this you use your stock and make them for 15 bucks. Clever pins and some washers with 2 cotter pins and done. Cost me 15 bucks


I was thinking about doing that. The only problem is that I cann't figure out what to do with the top of the sway bar link. I can put a pin in bottom, but I still need to get the top to release or rotate out the way.

booger 05-08-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevens243 (Post 369136)
Booger: I can have my discos off and pinned to the frame, move my jeep in a circle and re-park and reconnect before the wrench guys can get theirs off.

The $100.00 in "savings" is worth it to me.


i suppose the extended links that came with my lift make it easy for me. i disconnect and reconnect in the same time frame as others with "quick" discos.

one bolt each side, takes less than a minute to get both of them off. :flipoff: and i still have my $100

stevens243 05-08-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 369478)
i suppose the extended links that came with my lift make it easy for me. i disconnect and reconnect in the same time frame as others with "quick" discos.

one bolt each side, takes less than a minute to get both of them off. :flipoff: and i still have my $100

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your setup and saved some $$$ on discos.

But you recommended earlier to save the money and just unbolt the sway bar or buy a swayloc.

While a Currie anti-rock sway bar or other similar solution may work for him, he doesn't sound like he has your setup. Sounds like he has a stock swaybar and disconnect system. Would you recommend he stay with THAT setup?

So your opinion that "quick discos" are a PITA is noted. However they are FAR less of a PITA than the stock set up.

booger 05-08-2009 02:25 PM

i removed the same one bolt each side with the stock setup and propped the end link up on top of the spring perch. less than 2 mins each side.

the only thing the "quick" disconnect removes is the need for a wrench. you're still stuck finding the same level spot and/or having a friend bounce the Jeep to get everything reconnected.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.